5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

21 Ram 12 inch screen backup Camera No guidelines

taxihacker

Reaction score
Hey guys took truck to dealer today 21 ram 1500 with 12 inch screen sometimes my back up camera guidelines don’t show!! Showed the dealer my video and they said the tech ran a full diagnostic with no luck finding anything!! Has anyone had this issue like this and how was it resolved. Thanks

tom318

Reaction score
This won’t be much help but I’ve had the issue a handful of times.....it comes and goes but it’s not very common. Over the last year it’s happened maybe 2-3 times. I’ve tried toggling the feature it the settings and that did nothing. Maybe next time it happens try resetting the Uconnect system.
? (Hold power and the enter/browse knobs down at the same time for 20-25 seconds and let go.)
Other weird thing I’ve had go missing is the blue line at the top of the gauge cluster screen. Strange things do happen....not much the dealer can do apart from resets or software updates. Software bugs.
821B8666-27D0-413C-8174-AD4DCC0C85B9.jpeg

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I had an issue with the backup camera not displaying anything at all. I searched around and it seems the 12" uconnect can be little glitchy at times. Supposedly you can hold both buttons down at the same time for little bit and it resets the system. I opted to disconnect the battery for about 1 minute and I havent had a problem since. Try one or both of these methods and see if yours resets

taxihacker

Reaction score
I had an issue with the backup camera not displaying anything at all. I searched around and it seems the 12" uconnect can be little glitchy at times. Supposedly you can hold both buttons down at the same time for little bit and it resets the system. I opted to disconnect the battery for about 1 minute and I havent had a problem since. Try one or both of these methods and see if yours resets
Thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread