5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

21 Limited Ecodiesel Extremely Happy

Dirtdoc

Reaction score
Bought my limited in Feb of this year. Traded my 18 longhorn hemi which at first was not sure right move. Now after 9,000 miles I have to say the limited is an absolute pleasure to drive. It is quiet, very comfortable. Averaging 21 mpg as has become colder here but warm average was closer to 22.5 mpg. The eco is quiet and is amazingly quick. All around the Limited is by far the best Ram and overall best pickup I have ever owned!:giggle:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. I agree, my Limited is by far the nicest truck I've ever owned. Mine has the etorque Hemi. I owned an ecodiesel a few years ago. It was an adequate engine, but I prefer the Hemi power. Plus, I dislike dealing with diesel.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, Love my EcoD Limited and loved my EcoD Gen 2 Laramie. Looking forward to a new EcoD Limited around 24-25 timeframe provided the electronics ae available then.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, Love my EcoD Limited and loved my EcoD Gen 2 Laramie. Looking forward to a new EcoD Limited around 24-25 timeframe provided the electronics ae available then.
Totally. If I don’t think electric is viable at that time, I’m jumping into an ecodiesel.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Living in rural NH and towing often to sites without electricity I think electric won't fit my needs.
I got my 2021 Laramie EcoDiesel last December. I have 18K miles on it now. Just did
a road trip to Detroit to have the GDE Tune installed. Having a few hiccups with it
because I also had a Pedal Commander that conflicted once I got back to NH.

I went from Toledo to NH on a single 33 gal tank with 100 miles left to empty.
24.4 MPG with the tune and the winter mix Diesel. Only got 22.1 on the way out.
I have gone from NH to Newport News Va on a single tank.

Building an AUX fuel tank for the bed to increase range.

Malodave

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got my 2021 Laramie EcoDiesel last December. I have 18K miles on it now. Just did
a road trip to Detroit to have the GDE Tune installed. Having a few hiccups with it

Malodave
I’m going to be honest, that’s a little disappointing. Hope the do solely HFE in the future

Dirtdoc

Reaction score

Malodave
Thought about adding a tank to the bed also.

AdamChandler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's 13,000 miles since May of 2021 EcoDiesel consumption. First 12K miles on OEM 22" wheels & tires. Last 1,000 miles on winter tires (Blizzaks) and Winter fuel up here in NH. It has a hit for sure but I do most of my driving in the Summer so I'm okay with it.

August was lower because I was towing for 2500 miles that month.
download

Ram_702

Reaction score
Bought my limited in Feb of this year. Traded my 18 longhorn hemi which at first was not sure right move. Now after 9,000 miles I have to say the limited is an absolute pleasure to drive. It is quiet, very comfortable. Averaging 21 mpg as has become colder here but warm average was closer to 22.5 mpg. The eco is quiet and is amazingly quick. All around the Limited is by far the best Ram and overall best pickup I have ever owned!:giggle:
While I don’t yet have my 2022 Limited Eco Diesel yet, I’ve been driving a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Eco Diesel since new and other than typical recalls I have had zero issues and averaged ~ 23MPG with a pretty heavy foot. It’s been a great vehicle and solid engine even though it was an early generation. In fact I even got around $3K from the emissions lawsuit a couple years ago. Looking forward to getting my new truck with Gen 3…. Someday… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread