5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20x9 19 offset to zero offset, stock tires, any concerns ?

DreamRider

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid or newb question, I read 20 pages of this thread and couldn't find an answer.

I have a big horn, 4x4, that came with 20x9 chrome wheels, I am getting rid of all chrome and looking at buying black wheels, the same size, and will use the same stock tires. One of the wheels I like is 20x9, same bolt pattern, but a zero offset. I cant figure out what will change going from a +19 offset to a zero offset. Will it cause any rubbing? or stick out the fenders? I do plan at some time later adding the fender flares that come on the limited model.

Thanks in advance for any help/info.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid or newb question, I read 20 pages of this thread and couldn't find an answer.

I have a big horn, 4x4, that came with 20x9 chrome wheels, I am getting rid of all chrome and looking at buying black wheels, the same size, and will use the same stock tires. One of the wheels I like is 20x9, same bolt pattern, but a zero offset. I cant figure out what will change going from a +19 offset to a zero offset. Will it cause any rubbing? or stick out the fenders? I do plan at some time later adding the fender flares that come on the limited model.

Thanks in advance for any help/info.

im no expert but this should fit flush with the fenders and i cant imagine having any rubbing issues

knightro84

Reaction score
Going from +19mm to +0mm offset will push the tires out 3/4". I am running 20x9 + 1mm offset Fuel Shok's with the stock 275/55's for now and they don't quite reach the edge of the Laramie fender flares. I think if you have a big horn without the flares, it should likely sit pretty flush. I don't have any rubbing issues at full lock in either direction.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Going from +19mm to +0mm offset will push the tires out 3/4". I am running 20x9 + 1mm offset Fuel Shok's with the stock 275/55's for now and they don't quite reach the edge of the Laramie fender flares. I think if you have a big horn without the flares, it should likely sit pretty flush. I don't have any rubbing issues at full lock in either direction.

i was looking at those rims, what did you pay for them and are you wish you went with a bigger offset?

knightro84

Reaction score
I got them for a little under $1,200, I'm perfectly happy with the +1mm, I'm not a fan of the -44mm aggressive offset look - I'm looking to have the tires be dead flush with the stock flares. Going to go with a 305/55 once Bilstein releases the 5100 leveling struts.

kearneyridez

Reaction score
I had a similar question about rim offest. Looking at going with a 20x9 Fuel tech rim which is offered in a +1 or +20. I heard the calipers are bigger on the new Ram. Thoughts of which offset to go with?

Users who are viewing this thread