5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20X10 Help

ImageX

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’ve read a lot of good information in these threads but I’m left still wondering about running a 20X10 -12 wheel vs the stock 20X9. The wheel I want doesn’t come in a 20X9 so I have no choice but to go wider if I want to get that wheel and was wondering how far it will stick out or or if anyone wants to share pictures of their 20X10 set up? I have a 2019 ORP truck and will be leveling with Bilstein 5100s all around.... but maybe 5160s in the rear. It will sit about 3” higher than a non ORP truck. I’d like to go with 33” Ridge Grapplers but I’m not even sure what size tire would look best. It seems that if I go to anything other than the stock tire size of 275/60 r20... it starts getting into pricey and heavy load bearing tires which I really don’t need. I don’t haul or pull much so I don’t really need those. I’m also thinking 11.5” tire at most. Can anyone recommend a good tire size and help me figure out how the 20X10 -12 wheel will look? I don’t really care for the way stanced out look. An inch or so out of the non-flared fenders would be ok but not much more. Looking for any help I can get before pulling the trigger on expensive wheels. Thanks!

Last edited:

Kyles

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’ve read a lot of good information in these threads but I’m left still wondering about running a 20X10 -12 wheel vs the stock 20X9. The wheel I want doesn’t come in a 20X9 so I have no choice but to go wider if I want to get that wheel and was wondering how far it will stick out or or if anyone wants to share pictures of their 20X10 set up? I have a 2019 ORP truck and will be leveling with Bilstein 5100s all around.... but maybe 5160s in the rear. It will sit about 3” higher than a non ORP truck. I’d like to go with 33” Ridge Grapplers but I’m not even sure what size tire would look best. It seems that if I go to anything other than the stock tire size of 275/60 r20... it starts getting into pricey and heavy load bearing tires which I really don’t need. I don’t haul or pull much so I don’t really need those. I’m also thinking 11.5” tire at most. Can anyone recommend a good tire size and help me figure out how the 20X10 -12 wheel will look? I don’t really care for the way stanced out look. An inch or so out of the non-flared fenders would be ok but not much more. Looking for any help I can get before pulling the trigger on expensive wheels. Thanks!
This is a 20x10 -18 on 33x12.5 Non ORP with a Rough County Level Kit

Attachments

• 21C4A649-8A8B-48D2-A5BD-BBEC9D8C7509.jpeg
    21C4A649-8A8B-48D2-A5BD-BBEC9D8C7509.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 240

ImageX

Reaction score
This is a 20x10 -18 on 33x12.5 Non ORP with a Rough County Level Kit

So, I assume your -18 would sit about .25” further out than my -12. That helps a lot.... thanks!

ImageX

Reaction score
Well, I pulled the trigger on my wheels. Manufacture said they are discontinued and I supposedly got the last set in the country. At a good price too. Now, I just have to figure out what size Ridge Grappler to run. If anyone has any suggestions, I’d love to hear them. Bilstein lifted on a ORP truck to 3” total over regular truck. Help!

Attachments

• 7BDE10DB-1A1E-4772-ACE5-D4416A8FF616.jpeg
    7BDE10DB-1A1E-4772-ACE5-D4416A8FF616.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 45

Diddy Sanchez

Reaction score
Well, I pulled the trigger on my wheels. Manufacture said they are discontinued and I supposedly got the last set in the country. At a good price too. Now, I just have to figure out what size Ridge Grappler to run. If anyone has any suggestions, I’d love to hear them. Bilstein lifted on a ORP truck to 3” total over regular truck. Help!
35x12.5 all day

ImageX

Reaction score
35x12.5 all day

I’d love to run 35s because they just look perfect. I have 3.21 though and I also don’t want a big MPG hit. I drive fairly far for work everyday. 33s just seem much better for MPG and not having to deal with drivetrain stress. If I had another daily for work, I’d go 35s in a heartbeat.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
The G2 275/65R20 is only 47.4# and 34" tall, slightly narrower but would be better on fuel.

ImageX

Reaction score
You are right, good catch. Sorry bud.
No problem. I had already been checking out that size but had to dismiss it because of that. I’m sure it would mount fine. I’m just trying to get something that isn’t heavy or 12.5” wide but still have enough width to protect wheels from curbs. 🤣 I don’t know if I’m overthinking things but it sure is a pain trying to find the perfect sized tire. I appreciate the help. Thanks.

ImageX

Reaction score
I know this seems petty but can anyone recommend a high quality black lug nut set.... preferably one that comes with four security nuts as well? I’m not sure what style I even need yet for aftermarket wheels. I’ll eventually figure out something but would love to hear about some of the nicer sets anyone has used on their Ram with aftermarket wheels. Sorry for the rookie questions. I built Chrysler minivans and trucks for almost 13 years but this is the first truck I’m adding wheels to.

Something like these.... but for trucks. Not necessarily with that style drive/head.

ElkoNV

My dog thinks I’m cool.
Reaction score
I know this seems petty but can anyone recommend a high quality black lug nut set.... preferably one that comes with four security nuts as well? I’m not sure what style I even need yet for aftermarket wheels. I’ll eventually figure out something but would love to hear about some of the nicer sets anyone has used on their Ram with aftermarket wheels. Sorry for the rookie questions. I built Chrysler minivans and trucks for almost 13 years but this is the first truck I’m adding wheels to.

Something like these.... but for trucks. Not necessarily with that style drive/head.
Check out this thread, a member lost his wheels the first week of ownership and it turned into what wheel locks are best. It's an informative read.

ImageX

Reaction score
Check out this thread, a member lost his wheels the first week of ownership and it turned into what wheel locks are best. It's an informative read.

That sucks! Scumbags. I was eyeing the Gorilla X2 locks but then I’d have to find lugnuts that look somewhat similar. I was hoping I could find a set of nuts with quality security nuts included. Hard to find. 🙁

ImageX

Reaction score
Just a FYI but I have decided to run a Ridge Grappler 217860 305/55 r20. It’s basically a 33x12.5 without the heavy weight and load rating. About 20 pounds lighter per tire. It may be a few weeks before I get them mounted but I’ll share pics when I can. Bilstein 5100 level will get mounted next week.

Last edited:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just a FYI but I have decided to run a Ridge Grappler 217860 305/55 r20. It’s basically a 33x12.5 without the heavy weight and load rating. About 20 pounds lighter per tire. It may be a few weeks before I get them mounted but I’ll share pics when I can. Bilstein 5100 level will get mounted next week.
You're running the same offset and tires that I'm buying. Where are the pics?

ImageX

Reaction score
You're running the same offset and tires that I'm buying. Where are the pics?
Sorry. Been busy and out of the game with the tire shortage lately. I found some tires yesterday and ordered them since the Ridge Grapplers are hard to find right now. I ended up going with a 285/60. I like the idea of a 11.6” wide tire since I mostly run on highway. I’m hoping I’ll have at least a small amount of wheel protection but I’m a little concerned with the 11.6” on a 10” wide wheel. I should have everything mounted and pictures to share within the next week or two.

This is a pic with the Bilstein level. Tires and wheels coming shortly.

0A3C7C4F-CAF6-4F88-91B3-33A9E2B79132.jpeg

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Your truck looks good leveled. The Nitto website shows that a 10" rim is approved for the 285/60 Ridge Grappler, but it looks like you didn't get those so I'm not sure. I know what you mean about the tire shortage. I sensed the supply might be dried up by the time my truck arrived, so I bought mine a few weeks ago. I got them mounted up on Monday and I'm very happy with how they fit on the 10" rims. I rolled them up to my Tundra to see how they filled the wheel wells. 20210524_194115.jpg 20210524_193637.jpg

Last edited:

ImageX

Reaction score
I did get those wheels and just been waiting on tires. The 285/60 is a perfect fit for that wheel. I just won’t have much tire sticking out to protect the wheel. It will have a fairly squared look.

The 305/55 looks great. Beefy.

17F4D1A1-FC80-45FA-AB02-738F31F8350C.jpeg
80B9261B-6DF0-4EBE-85D6-FCBB00BA8EB6.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online