5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025's question

lonepeak

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong re: difference between Limited and Limited Longhorn? The Limited Longhorn has the brown interior with a little fancier embossing and on the build sheet it shows an option of a body color bumper which the Limited does not have (unless you get Night Edition). I cannot find any other differences other than price is a little higher.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong re: difference between Limited and Limited Longhorn? The Limited Longhorn has the brown interior with a little fancier embossing and on the build sheet it shows an option of a body color bumper which the Limited does not have (unless you get Night Edition). I cannot find any other differences other than price is a little higher.
Limited Longhorn is technically a lower trim level (but only slightly)
Different color on the inside, and missing a few standard features on a Limited such as air suspension, can be optioned up to a Limited though.

lonepeak

Reaction score
That's odd. I was just looking at beginning price of the two trims and I see the Limited Longhorn is less $$. I could swear when I've looked the past few weeks the Limited Longhorn was about $500 more. It even shows it between the Limited and the Tungsten. I must be seeing things.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I believe they both have air suspension Standard. The build page doesn’t even show as an option on either. Are we looking at same trucks?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I believe they both have air suspension Standard. The build page doesn’t even show as an option on either. Are we looking at same trucks?
Looks like it's differnet on 6th gen rams. 2019-2024 it was not standard, but now on the builder, assuming it's accurate it's standard. So no idea what the difference is now.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like it's differnet on 6th gen rams. 2019-2024 it was not standard, but now on the builder, assuming it's accurate it's standard. So no idea what the difference is now.
6th gens haven't come out yet. We're still on 5th gens (DT). 2025 is the first face-lift year for 5th gens.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Yes, still Gen 5. On the build sheets sent out several months ago from Granger and Mark Dodge the Limited Longhorn shows as $605 more than the Limited but with almost identical features other than the two I mentioned. Now I see on the build page a $3500 higher price for the Limited. Clearly still some changes going on with prices/options. Back to square one I guess. Since I haven't ordered yet I'll see what my dealer's latest pricing sheet shows for those two trims. Maybe Mark Dodge or Granger can weigh in on this.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After 6 years of builds? More like 5.5 if anything.
Different body, different engines, differnet tech features, completely different can network . It's just not a good 6th gen imo
Thank goodness it's still a 5th gen Ram.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, still Gen 5. On the build sheets sent out several months ago from Granger and Mark Dodge the Limited Longhorn shows as $605 more than the Limited but with almost identical features other than the two I mentioned. Now I see on the build page a $3500 higher price for the Limited. Clearly still some changes going on with prices/options. Back to square one I guess. Since I haven't ordered yet I'll see what my dealer's latest pricing sheet shows for those two trims. Maybe Mark Dodge or Granger can weigh in on this.
LIMITED 1500
ramtrucks.com opening page: $79945
ramtrucks.com when you actually build it with ZERO options $77150
actual price on the code guide $77150

LONGHORN 1500
ramtrucks.com opening page: $76445
ramtrucks.com when you actually build it with ZERO options $77645
actual price on the code guide $77645

Longhorn is $495 more than Limited, and gets you identical trucks with the exception of the following:
Premium Leather Seats w/Filigree/Bison Brown/Mountain Brown
(and requisite interior other areas in those color schemes
1711884434896.png

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
After 6 years of builds? More like 5.5 if anything.
Different body, different engines, differnet tech features, completely different can network . It's just not a good 6th gen imo
The number of years they've been building them is irrelevant. They're still built on the DT chassis. Tons of changes were made to the DS chassis from 2009 through 2024. But they are all considered 4th gens.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
The number of years they've been building them is irrelevant. They're still built on the DT chassis. Tons of changes were made to the DS chassis from 2009 through 2024. But they are all considered 4th gens.
You mean "Ram 1500 (2011–2018)". This is what I find online for 4th gen
Screenshot_20240331-151155498 (1)_1.jpg

PetePA

Reaction score
Here's some preliminary data. Manufacturing seems to be slowing (unless they're not updating inventory numbers for like a week!) and the ratios of trim/color seems pretty consistent.

Attachments

• Trim.JPG
    Trim.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Color.JPG
    Color.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 15

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Here's some preliminary data. Manufacturing seems to be slowing (unless they're not updating inventory numbers for like a week!) and the ratios of trim/color seems pretty consistent.
Thanks for the update, looking at that information on the models it appears the they have built 8 or 9 % limiteds, yet only 5 limiteds show up on the ram site when searching I found that to be interesting. So then I thought well maybe that yellow was for tradesman’s as they are close in color on the graph, so I went and looked for tradesman’s and found none. So I would certainly think that 8 or 9 % of the total builds would be more than 5 trucks. I am convinced that the ram site search is not showing us the whole picture at this point and it’s been 18,700 something basically all week. All I know for sure is I have not received any communication on the status of mine as of tonight. :cool:

PetePA

Reaction score
Thanks for the update, looking at that information on the models it appears the they have built 8 or 9 % limiteds, yet only 5 limiteds show up on the ram site when searching I found that to be interesting. So then I thought well maybe that yellow was for tradesman’s as they are close in color on the graph, so I went and looked for tradesman’s and found none. So I would certainly think that 8 or 9 % of the total builds would be more than 5 trucks. I am convinced that the ram site search is not showing us the whole picture at this point and it’s been 18,700 something basically all week. All I know for sure is I have not received any communication on the status of mine as of tonight. :cool:
That's the Lone Star :(

I wish they started building more HOs. I was reading up on the 5th gen release back in '19 or whenever (really old posts) and it sounds like back then they started with the higher level trims. This time around looks like they're starting with the mid level trims.

PetePA

Reaction score
Also, practically speaking... each trim takes different parts. If I wanted my plant to run efficiently, I'd build in batches like they are. The assemblers are able to get into a groove if they're building a lot of the same thing. Plus, they're able to work out a smaller number of assembly challenges so they're not compromising output as much as they would be if they made a shxt ton of different trims all at once. The 5 limiteds might have been to test for assembly issues in preparation for the HOs in a few weeks (hopefully weeks :))

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
That's the Lone Star :(

I wish they started building more HOs. I was reading up on the 5th gen release back in '19 or whenever (really old posts) and it sounds like back then they started with the higher level trims. This time around looks like they're starting with the mid level trims.
Well I had high hopes I didn’t think about the lone star edition. I have ordered my silverados forever from the factory and Chevys website tracker is right on I could see almost instantly when my truck started the build process. Rams site is so full of anomaly’s it’s like a game of poker.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Also, practically speaking... each trim takes different parts. If I wanted my plant to run efficiently, I'd build in batches like they are. The assemblers are able to get into a groove if they're building a lot of the same thing. Plus, they're able to work out a smaller number of assembly challenges so they're not compromising output as much as they would be if they made a shxt ton of different trims all at once. The 5 limiteds might have been to test for assembly issues in preparation for the HOs in a few weeks (hopefully weeks :))
I thought about that too, that’s how I like to operate my plant also. Same kinds of bulk chemicals are more efficient to load out than packaged (jugged) chemical batches. And put as many acres of the same mix together in 1 batch to maximize the trucks capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread