5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025's question

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I thought of this after I posted my comment.
How else would they line up the letters on the production line with the holes.
Removing the letters and hood badges on these things results in expensive bodywork.
Thanks Ram for building traveling billboards.
I would have preferred the old Badge myself on the tailgate instead of the letters. I can live with the grill on the limited but prefer the Laramie grill.
o well at this point I will be glad just to see it enter production.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All 10 of ours has moved from JS/storage to a form of shipping, most in delayed status.

Autonomous parking has been removed from the builds also, that launch is being delayed.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
All 10 of ours has moved from JS/storage to a form of shipping, most in delayed status.

Autonomous parking has been removed from the builds also, that launch is being delayed.
I hope that don’t hold up my limited level 1 I really don’t care about that one feature to be honest. I wouldn’t care if they omitted it like GM did with vvt on my Silverado.

PetePA

Reaction score
For a must hit mid-cycle refresh.

This refresh is off to a Ford like launch.
What is this "ford like launch" that I see several folks referring to? I've never been in the market for a truck until recently, so I'm not sure what everyone is referring to.

lonepeak

Reaction score
This report came out in Feb. so not sure what is going on now with Ford with their stalled rollout. I'm getting a little anxious about the RAM rollout for the Limited at least in appreciable numbers. Hoping it's only because they are '25s and being careful about quality issues. Stellantis layed off a number of upper level employees recently as did Ford. For Ford it was partly due to the decrease in consumer demand for EVs. I suspect same for Stellantis so maybe not an impact for the RAM truck production in HO engines. SO's and lower trims are shipping, a trickle of Limiteds now with the HO.

"Ford and its CEO Jim Farley have cited the importance of quality control and the problems the automaker has faced with vehicle launches in the past, which could mean that the current stop-sale is more cautionary than anything else for the updated 2024 F-150 trucks. Indeed, the Detroit Free Press reports the earlier hold on all refreshed 2024 model year F-150 trucks was for quality checks, and the latter shipment hold is specific to a connection issue with Lightning EV headlights. A connector part can reportedly leak water and short out the lights, causing them to flicker or shut off."

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
This report came out in Feb. so not sure what is going on now with Ford with their stalled rollout. I'm getting a little anxious about the RAM rollout for the Limited at least in appreciable numbers. Hoping it's only because they are '25s and being careful about quality issues. Stellantis layed off a number of upper level employees recently as did Ford. For Ford it was partly due to the decrease in consumer demand for EVs. I suspect same for Stellantis so maybe not an impact for the RAM truck production in HO engines. SO's and lower trims are shipping, a trickle of Limiteds now with the HO.

"Ford and its CEO Jim Farley have cited the importance of quality control and the problems the automaker has faced with vehicle launches in the past, which could mean that the current stop-sale is more cautionary than anything else for the updated 2024 F-150 trucks. Indeed, the Detroit Free Press reports the earlier hold on all refreshed 2024 model year F-150 trucks was for quality checks, and the latter shipment hold is specific to a connection issue with Lightning EV headlights. A connector part can reportedly leak water and short out the lights, causing them to flicker or shut off."
ford was shipping trucks with 2 different headlights installed in them! Probably a good idea they stopped shipping them to figure that all out, as it wasn't just a one off.
had other misplaced parts on them too for the trim line.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Boeing recently fired its CEO and other top management. The CEO had a degree in accounting and prior history was mainly in marketing and finance. Widely known now that the quality control fell off a cliff and advice of quality control managers was ignored. I remember when Boeing had an engineer as CEO, as does Airbus presently, and none of these problems were happening. Four of Boeings first 5 CEOs were engineers by training running the company for 46 of first 70 years. As mentioned on these threads there is so much offloading of skills seeking cost efficiency in the auto industry that Quality often seems Job 2. Boeing is only today's example.

Zarlenga, current North American Stellantis head has background in finance and "gaining market share". Didn't see anything about quality control. Tavaras, Stellantis CEO has automotive background and some auto racing background, so maybe some engineering skills. The industry today is all about market share, cost efficiency (cutting) and cheaper labor. There is little if any talk about quality control although the CEOs will say that is a priority. Remember when Ford said, "Quality was Job 1"? Even the vaunted Japanese auto manufacturing quality doesn't seem like the earlier days when anyone on the assembly line could ring a bell and shut down the entire process because they saw a defect in the product. There is a Japanese term for continuous improvement called Kaizen. This was a big topic in business school several decades ago in manufacturing, I don't hear it mentioned anymore. I think the I6 HO and SO engines will be a big improvement but they are driven more by the EPA and gov't regulation vs outright innovation.. but whatever it takes.

I'm reminded that these forums often feature consumer problems, quality issues, and that the good products don't get mentioned too much. Many of us have been happy with our past RAM trucks. I am hopeful about the new RAMs and that the right people are still running the important stuff and hardware and software engineers are driven by Quality One. Didn't mean to get so far off track:) Looking forward to a new Limited.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Boeing recently fired its CEO and other top management. The CEO had a degree in accounting and prior history was mainly in marketing and finance. Widely known now that the quality control fell off a cliff and advice of quality control managers was ignored. I remember when Boeing had an engineer as CEO, as does Airbus presently, and none of these problems were happening. Four of Boeings first 5 CEOs were engineers by training running the company for 46 of first 70 years. As mentioned on these threads there is so much offloading of skills seeking cost efficiency in the auto industry that Quality often seems Job 2. Boeing is only today's example.

Zarlenga, current North American Stellantis head has background in finance and "gaining market share". Didn't see anything about quality control. Tavaras, Stellantis CEO has automotive background and some auto racing background, so maybe some engineering skills. The industry today is all about market share, cost efficiency (cutting) and cheaper labor. There is little if any talk about quality control although the CEOs will say that is a priority. Remember when Ford said, "Quality was Job 1"? Even the vaunted Japanese auto manufacturing quality doesn't seem like the earlier days when anyone on the assembly line could ring a bell and shut down the entire process because they saw a defect in the product. There is a Japanese term for continuous improvement called Kaizen. This was a big topic in business school several decades ago in manufacturing, I don't hear it mentioned anymore. I think the I6 HO and SO engines will be a big improvement but they are driven more by the EPA and gov't regulation vs outright innovation.. but whatever it takes.

I'm reminded that these forums often feature consumer problems, quality issues, and that the good products don't get mentioned too much. Many of us have been happy with our past RAM trucks. I am hopeful about the new RAMs and that the right people are still running the important stuff and hardware and software engineers are driven by Quality One. Didn't mean to get so far off track:) Looking forward to a new Limited.
Some info on how Boeing.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Boy are you in for a ride when you get your 2025 if you think Stallantis gives a crap about Ram quality control in the US....
That's my concern but it's either a RAM, Ford, Chevy, GM or Toyota. What would you choose if you need a new truck?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's my concern but it's either a RAM, Ford, Chevy, GM or Toyota. What would you choose if you need a new truck?
Whichever one has the best service department at the dealership. In my area that removes Chevy and GM. Ram is terrible too and will not even look at warranty problems a month after buying a new truck and get wait times of "3 years" and shafted by "Ram cares" which is the only customer service you can call at Ram. So maybe a Ford in 15 years when I replace my 2022, or just buy old and replace the insides with whatever engine I want on a rust free frame.

lonepeak

Reaction score
RAM dealer :15 away has treated me well with a few minor warranty issues on my '15 so that counts. Ford dealer is also only :15 but don't like the features - not a bad vehicle though. Hope I never need RAM Cares - my Spanish is weak and I don't speak Hindi or Philipino.

Idahoktm

Reaction score

Just get the truck you like the best. It's a bonus if you get along with the dealer. Every brand you mentioned has their share of QC issues.

Toyota has been resting on their reliability reputation for too long and as a result, their quality has dropped. I don't care for their cheap feeling interiors and I just can't get past the styling of the Tundra. I was close to buying an F150 in 2021, but their interiors suck. I don't like the look of the Chevy or GMC, so they weren't even a consideration.

My last two trucks have been Ram's, and even though the 5th Gen Ram is entering its 5 year, it's still the best overall choice IMO. Odds are, you won't need to interact with your dealer for any major warranty repairs anyway.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just get the truck you like the best. It's a bonus if you get along with the dealer. Every brand you mentioned has their share of QC issues.

Toyota has been resting on their reliability reputation for too long and as a result, their quality has dropped. I don't care for their cheap feeling interiors and I just can't get past the styling of the Tundra. I was close to buying an F150 in 2021, but their interiors suck. I don't like the look of the Chevy or GMC, so they weren't even a consideration.

My last two trucks have been Ram's, and even though the 5th Gen Ram is entering its 5 year, it's still the best overall choice IMO. Odds are, you won't need to interact with your dealer for any major warranty repairs anyway.
I drove a tundra with the I-Force MAX and it was terrible to drive. When I accelerated it sounded like there was a motorcycle in the bed revving its engine, almost sounded like it was coming through the speakers. I absolutely hated it and actually thought something was wrong with it. Same with the Ford Limited. Both felt terrible to drive. I haven’t found anything yet that drives as smooth as my 2019.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I drove a tundra with the I-Force MAX and it was terrible to drive. When I accelerated it sounded like there was a motorcycle in the bed revving its engine, almost sounded like it was coming through the speakers. I absolutely hated it and actually thought something was wrong with it. Same with the Ford Limited. Both felt terrible to drive. I haven’t found anything yet that drives as smooth as my 2019.
Most likely your 2025 will sound the same way. Both are small turbo engines unlike your 2019.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Most likely your 2025 will sound the same way. Both are small turbo engines unlike your 2019.
I am very curious to see how the 2025 drives and if its anything like the Tundra or Ford I am going to be looking at something else.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Toyota pumps in a lot of fake engine noise, the 2025 Ram from what I've heard is just quiet and doesn't sound like much.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Toyota pumps in a lot of fake engine noise, the 2025 Ram from what I've heard is just quiet and doesn't sound like much.

Ferd does that too. Maybe that's why Waterfowler41 was commenting on the awesome exhaust note. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread