5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025's question

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I go back to customer service and how important it can be to anyone who buys someone else's product. Their unwillingness to take care of problems that are obviously caused by a poor design or shoddy workmanship is a real problem. Word of mouth is powerful. But instead they ghost the customers in the hopes they'll give up and stop bugging them. I'm not going to continue to buy from a company that treats its customers that way. My local dealership does what they can but in the end they can't make up for the entire company. The thing car makers need to understand is that no customer is required to buy from them. They should bend over backwards to keep customers happy. Even if you build something that isn't perfect, if you're willing to make it right you'll keep people happy. If they would concentrate on doing that they would have more business than they can handle.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I go back to customer service and how important it can be to anyone who buys someone else's product. Their unwillingness to take care of problems that are obviously caused by a poor design or shoddy workmanship is a real problem. Word of mouth is powerful. But instead they ghost the customers in the hopes they'll give up and stop bugging them. I'm not going to continue to buy from a company that treats its customers that way. My local dealership does what they can but in the end they can't make up for the entire company. The thing car makers need to understand is that no customer is required to buy from them. They should bend over backwards to keep customers happy. Even if you build something that isn't perfect, if you're willing to make it right you'll keep people happy. If they would concentrate on doing that they would have more business than they can handle.
I could not agree more with this Statement, my long-time dealer is great they had problems with the chevy side dealing with GM. like you said they cannot make up for the parent company's failings. luckily my dealer had a Ram store also in my case. I am actually excited to drive something different for once and that's saying something as I like continuity.

PetePA

Reaction score
15,853 - Total 2025 Ram 1500 listed on Ram website as of 11:30am 3/26 (being built, in transit or dealer lot)

The filters aren't working, but when I checked this morning I found the following:

-Still only ONE 2025 Ram 1500 was listed as "on dealer lot"
-Still only FOUR Limited/Limited Longhorn (HO Engine) listed as being built

Seems that the production has slowed down over the past few days. Pure speculation, but maybe they ran into some production issues with the HO's. Or, maybe simpler than that, they just haven't been updating their inventory numbers on their website.

16,576 - Total 2025 Ram 1500 listed on Ram website as of 2:00pm 3/27 (being built, in transit or dealer lot)

PetePA

Reaction score
For you engineering nerds, the following equation explains Ram inventory production with an r-squared of 0.9777.

y = 520.16x + 11463 where x is the number of days after 3/17.

For example, on 3/18 it would be: y = 520.16(1) + 11463

In other words, Ram is beginning to produce about 520 of the 2025 1500s each calendar day, inclusive of weekends.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For you engineering nerds, the following equation explains Ram inventory production with an r-squared of 0.9777.

y = 520.16x + 11463 where x is the number of days after 3/17.

For example, on 3/18 it would be: y = 520.16(1) + 11463

In other words, Ram is beginning to produce about 520 of the 2025 1500s each calendar day, inclusive of weekends.
I hope I don't get just .16 of a car when mine is delivered. LOL. Thanks for keeping up on this. I am not seeing any new HOs on the website still 2 Limiteds and 2 Limited Longhorns. I had some issues with their website earlier today where I couldn't filter by model but it looks like it's fixed now. I guess we'll just wait and see. Someone did post that they got a VIN for their Laramie today so that shows some progress with Custom Orders.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Is it possible to determine what trim mix they are putting out on daily basis?

PetePA

Reaction score
Is it possible to determine what trim mix they are putting out on daily basis?
If Ram keeps up with their website and continues to allow filtering by trim level, I should be able to figure that out. Unfortunately, it will take a few days because there's no way to get historical data.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I don't know, I think with incentives you can cull down any overstocked lot, my dealership had over 100 Ram sitting just a couple months ago now it barely has 30 on the lot.

The amount of incentives is starting to return back to pre-covid levels, if the interest rates drop, it'll be just like it was before 2020, 15% or more off MSRP.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't know, I think with incentives you can cull down any overstocked lot, my dealership had over 100 Ram sitting just a couple months ago now it barely has 30 on the lot.

The amount of incentives is starting to return back to pre-covid levels, if the interest rates drop, it'll be just like it was before 2020, 15% or more off MSRP.
You could be right, except for the glaring difference in MSRP from then to now. My daughter's 2019 Rebel had an MSRP of just over $50k. 15% off would be $42,500. A similarly equipped 2024 Rebel is over $72.5k. 15% off would be $61,625. In that apples to apples comparison she'd be paying almost $20k more now for what is essentially the same truck. I'm not sure that's just like it was back in 2020.

Last edited:

SD Rebel

Reaction score
You could be right, except for the glaring difference in MSRP from then to now. My daughter's 2019 Rebel had an MSRP of just over $50k. 15% off would be $42,500. A similarly equipped 2025 Rebel is over $65k now. 15% off would be $55,250. In that apples to apples comparison she'd be paying $12k more now. I'm not sure that's just like it was back in 2020.

Or sure, my Rebel was $55K and with 25% end of quarter discount, I paid $39K. The prices these days seem shocking at the moment for sure, I was just talking about the discount off MSRP, the inflation is another thing all together.

But I will say I work as a head hunter on the side for fun, and typically the jobs we were filling for $60K back in 2019 are now $80K these days. I know it's not for all industries and many people haven't gotten those types of raises.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Or sure, my Rebel was $55K and with 25% end of quarter discount, I paid $39K. The prices these days seem shocking at the moment for sure, I was just talking about the discount off MSRP, the inflation is another thing all together.

But I will say I work as a head hunter on the side for fun, and typically the jobs we were filling for $60K back in 2019 are now $80K these days. I know it's not for all industries and many people haven't gotten those types of raises.
For the most part wages have not kept up with inflation. Of course there are exceptions to that. But I'm not one of those. My wage increases over the last three or four years have been the same as before 2020 percentage wise. The company where I work hasn't kept up with inflation. They know it might cost them good employees, but they can't afford to keep up with inflation and keep the same number of people on the payroll. That's a common theme across most industries. You're right, I can see a situation where we could get back to where we were in terms of percent off MSRP. But that's little comfort when MSRP is more than 20k higher than it was four years prior.

Sorry, I updated my post after you quoted me, to a 2024 Rebel since 2019 and 2024 are much closer to being the same truck than comparing a 2019 to a 2025.

PetePA

Reaction score
Question - What is the Lone Star? It's listed in the website filters, but not listed as an actual model.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
For the most part wages have not kept up with inflation. Of course there are exceptions to that. But I'm not one of those. My wage increases over the last three or four years have been the same as before 2020 percentage wise. The company where I work hasn't kept up with inflation. They know it might cost them good employees, but they can't afford to keep up with inflation and keep the same number of people on the payroll. That's a common theme across most industries. You're right, I can see a situation where we could get back to where we were in terms of percent off MSRP. But that's little comfort when MSRP is more than 20k higher than it was four years prior.

Sorry, I updated my post after you quoted me, to a 2024 Rebel since 2019 and 2024 are much closer to being the same truck than comparing a 2019 to a 2025.

Yup, totally agree, the ones seeing those raises are the ones who moved to new jobs more recently. That's why employers really don't want you to post compensation ranges on job ads because they don't want existing employees to see and ask for the same comp.

PetePA

Reaction score
Also, manufacturing breakdown is as follows:

0.01% - Limited Longhorn
0.01% - Limited
0.04% - Rebel
33.99% - Laramie
6.76% - Lone Star
59.18% - Big Horn
Tradesman and Tradesman HFE - 0%

EDIT: And Tungsten, unfortunately 0.00%

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Question - What is the Lone Star? It's listed in the website filters, but not listed as an actual model.
My understanding is that in Texas you can order a Lone Star, which is actually a Big Horn. IDK enough about it, other than that it's a Big Horn trim level option.

PetePA

Reaction score
My understanding is that in Texas you can order a Lone Star, which is actually a Big Horn. IDK enough about it, other than that it's a Big Horn trim level option.
Ok thanks for letting me know. Got my first round of data tonight so we can see the full story on trim levels vs manufacturing. Kinda excited to see where this goes in the next week.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am seeing some of the Ram 1500s at my local dealers are in transit which is a plus. It looks like something happened over night maybe its an Easter miracle.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I am seeing some of the Ram 1500s at my local dealers are in transit which is a plus. It looks like something happened over night maybe its an Easter miracle.
my dealer has 1 out of 5 trucks now saying in transit. interestingly the 1 in transit (Laramie) was one of the last ones to show being built for them so far. so, who knows what is really going on.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my dealer has 1 out of 5 trucks now saying in transit. interestingly the 1 in transit (Laramie) was one of the last ones to show being built for them so far. so, who knows what is really going on.
My Dealer had 21 showing being built and today almost half of them show in transit. I'm thinking they were just waiting for the fuel economy numbers to come out so they could get the window stickers uploaded.

pensfan

Reaction score
The letters can be removed, but you would need to fill in 19 holes in your tailgate.

View attachment 179936
I thought of this after I posted my comment.
How else would they line up the letters on the production line with the holes.
Removing the letters and hood badges on these things results in expensive bodywork.
Thanks Ram for building traveling billboards.

Users who are viewing this thread