5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM Lane Centering

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You cannot hack the systems on a 19-24. You can add a device called a Comma to it, but it is far from a hack. And it works way better than Super Cruise or Blue Cruise and better than the new factory Ram system.

And the new factory system on the 25+ system works the same or very similar to Super Cruise and Blue Cruise. It may not have all the features, but it is NOT lane keep assist (LKAS) that we have now on 19-24.
Good to know, thanks!

Blue Cruise gets great reviews -- but Ford is kind of proud of it. Hardware is on all vehicles (that can be supported) and software is enabled by subscription. That's tempting because most of my driving is local, but we sometimes travel with grand kids or pull a pop-up and I could enable it per month. Ford (and GM) have a lot better road coverage than RAM, and I haven't found anything about plans for RAM to cover more. I really don't understand why only mapped roads are supported. There will always be road construction that shifts a lane -- does it just give up, or does it follow the lines? And when lines are available, why the need for the map? I'm even OK with being responsible for decreasing speed on tighter curves, but a "good" vision system could look ahead at lane markings and calculate whether there is sufficient torque available to make the turn, or if the cruise speed is safe for the turn.

I like the idea of lane centering even for local driving. When my wife needs to get something or even pick up a cup, it seems like she takes her eyes off the road too long and sometimes does drift in the lane. From the owners manual and one response, it does seem that web sites got it wrong, and lane centering simply watches for lane lines or something that it can interpret as lines. Just like the Tucson.
The mapping is (my understanding) due to the road curves, etc. I used Super Cruise on a rental out in Yellowstone and it was impressive (and nerve racking) to see it slow to 57 or so on some tight turns on a 70mph two lane...

It was neat and fun to try on a rental, not sure how much I'd use it on my daily driver, though I've come to appreciate the adaptive cruise (which I wasn't a fan of the first time I experience it on a Nissan rental)...

dajogejr

Reaction score
Wife‘s Grand Cherokee Overland has the assist. It works very well in conjunction with adaptive cruise, but the trick is learning where the pressure spots on the wheel are. I can rest one or two fingers on the wheel, it works. Remove hands or don’t hit the right spots on the wheel, it’ll bark at you.

Driving up north for hours, it’s a nice break.

Users who are viewing this thread