5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 ram 1500 likes dislikes and what can’t you wait for.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Ram still has the nicest interior. Ford was easier to drive for the short lady. Ford slightly less expensive. Each have a few unique features, nothing incredible that one has and the other doesn't. Was going to look up engine in the Ford but got distracted lol.
It’s the hybrid 3.5l eco boost I believe

MT755

Reaction score
OK folks - what are the actual likes and dislikes - I own one, so I want to hear from other actual owners!
Dislikes:
1- I don't like the price, I paid for a Big horn that is $ 5K more than a fully loaded 2019 Laramie OTD --- I paid for it so it is on me!
2- Dont like no dipstick
3- Dont like no ACC functionality - it is off or on
4- Build quality sucks - it maybe my example, I should have done a better job inspecting the truck during the pre-sale walk-through.
5- Dont like the Etourqe on/off at stops -- total BS function. No mileage improvement, HP or torque. A garbage way for Stentlantis to get a few credits for fuel efficiency.

so, far, I can not talk about likes since my truck is a week old and has 170 miles.
Please don't take this as an insult, it's for the other readers on this forum to have the correct info. The only 2025 that has ETorque is the trucks equipt with the 3.6. The Hurricane has stop-start. The 2025's use the starter to restart the engine. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's a comparison - Tungsten vs. Platinum Plus (i think that's also the name of a strip club in Allentown, PA in case you all were wondering)

Sorry that has to be the worst and most painful vehicle review I’ve ever seen. Completely uninformed about what features both vehicles have to offer.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Please don't take this as an insult, it's for the other readers on this forum to have the correct info. The only 2025 that has ETorque is the trucks equipt with the 3.6. The Hurricane has stop-start. The 2025's use the starter to restart the engine. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct. That said the stop start on the 2025 only seems to engage when conditions are exactly perfect, if your running the AC or heat it probably won't engage.

azzx

Reaction score
I do truly appreciate the correction. I looked at the build sheet, no mention of Etorque -- only start /stop. I need to become better educated with the new engine!
So far - stop/start engages when the AC is on for me

Last edited:

PetePA

Reaction score
Sorry that has to be the worst and most painful vehicle review I’ve ever seen. Completely uninformed about what features both vehicles have to offer.
And this has to be the most useless comment on this forum that I've seen 😭

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ram still has the nicest interior. Ford was easier to drive for the short lady. Ford slightly less expensive. Each have a few unique features, nothing incredible that one has and the other doesn't. Was going to look up engine in the Ford but got distracted lol.

Ford is still pushing the ecoboost, the hurricane HO will eat its lunch if that's whats most important.

Not a fan of her reviews anyway. The whole "short thing" is a bit silly (Tim has complained about trucks being too big too) because they make smaller trucks all the way down to mavericks and that odd hyundai puddle jumper for small people who want small things; the large size of a 1500 is a feature, not a negative.

The Ram is the nicer truck when new IMHO. Has been for a while now. Quality and longevity, well, that can go either way.

Users who are viewing this thread