5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 ram 1500 likes dislikes and what can’t you wait for.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You are spinning. That $68K you used to respond to my post was meant to mislead because that $68k sticker price in Canadian is in Canadian dollars and that same truck can be purchased in Canada for around $49,000 in US dollars just by going to a bank and converting your ~$49,000 US dollars to $68,000 Canadian dollars.

The MSRP for 2025 Tradesman, Quad Cab, 4x4 sold in Canada is $62,740 Canadian which is $45,850 in US dollars.

Completely irrelevant to the facts I have stated. The price of trucks in Canada are about 10% higher than in the US. Talk to your government about that. The prices I am using are based on Ram Canada prices listed in Canadian dollars. You can in fact take the price of a truck listed in Canada, in Canadian dollars, and find out how much it would cost you to buy that exact same truck in US dollars just by using a currency converter.

I'm on my 4th Hemi Ram since 2003 and don't remember them ever being a value brand and they were not marketed as a value brand. They also never had a sticker price that was $12k lower than an equivalent GMC.

Dude, in the same post where I quoted the price, I TOLD YOU IT WAS A CC 4x4.

Not my problem you can't read.

You argue like everyone is out to get you. Relax, chill. Have a beer. Kiss your wife.

silver billet

Reaction score
I think the bigger issue here is forgetting that when in Canada, this is the relevant price that they have to pay. Canada does have a better exchange rate for Americans, but then the "spend" of that money is what is important. Sometimes we might forget that RAM is in other countries and are priced in their currency. I didn't take his message as misleading, I took it as a pain point that we all feel in different ways. In traveling overseas, I've seen exchange rates that are crazy good, and terribly bad. Case in point, go to Scotland and the USD conversion to the British pound is terrible, yet your spend is soooo much better in Scotland. Go to Ireland, and the conversion to Euro is better, but it's so expensive even by our standards. It made me realize they're both so similar in amenities but one is much more affordable.

I guess this is why writing can sometimes be less effective than talking as it has the back and forth misunderstandings! :)

Yes, it wasn't meant as misleading in the slightest, I clearly had the CC 4x4 labeled there and even subsequent posts any half wit could figure out that my point was that Ram is no longer the value brand (here in Canada anyway). That's why I followed up with the point about my original purchase price, and a current Sierra SLE diesel.

But now he can't back down 🤷‍♂️

ok I'm done with it now.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dude, in the same post where I quoted the price, I TOLD YOU IT WAS A CC 4x4.

Not my problem you can't read.

I didn't misunderstand a single word you wrote. You responded to my comment, "you can get a 2025 Tradesman for around $40K" with a misleading "here in Canada, a 4x4 CC tradesman with the cheap turbo starts at $68,000". It's misleading because my comment referenced a purchase using US dollars and yours was Canadian dollars so it's an apples and oranges comparison. Your $68,000 Canadian dollar truck can be purchased in Canada with around $49,694 US dollars.

silver billet

Reaction score
I didn't misunderstand a single word you wrote. You responded to my comment, "you can get a 2025 Tradesman for around $40K" with a misleading "here in Canada, a 4x4 CC tradesman with the cheap turbo starts at $68,000". It's misleading because my comment referenced a purchase using US dollars and yours was Canadian dollars so it's an apples and oranges comparison. Your $68,000 Canadian dollar truck can be purchased in Canada with around $49,694 US dollars.

That's not misleading in the slightest. You posted the cheapest price in America, and I posted the most likely cheapest price here in Canada, WHILE TELLING YOU it had some "upgrades". You literally cannot find a regular cab 2wd here in Canada. That's why I said things are different here in Canada, the pricing is more expensive (even when trying to convert currencies) and the marketing is different.

Do you have the capability to back down and say you're wrong? This would be a great time to learn otherwise.

azzx

Reaction score
OK folks - what are the actual likes and dislikes - I own one, so I want to hear from other actual owners!
Dislikes:
1- I don't like the price, I paid for a Big horn that is $ 5K more than a fully loaded 2019 Laramie OTD --- I paid for it so it is on me!
2- Dont like no dipstick
3- Dont like no ACC functionality - it is off or on
4- Build quality sucks - it maybe my example, I should have done a better job inspecting the truck during the pre-sale walk-through.
5- Dont like the Etourqe on/off at stops -- total BS function. No mileage improvement, HP or torque. A garbage way for Stentlantis to get a few credits for fuel efficiency.

so, far, I can not talk about likes since my truck is a week old and has 170 miles.

Last edited:

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's not misleading in the slightest. You posted the cheapest price in America, and I posted the most likely cheapest price here in Canada, WHILE TELLING YOU it had some "upgrades". You literally cannot find a regular cab 2wd here in Canada. That's why I said things are different here in Canada, the pricing is more expensive (even when trying to convert currencies) and the marketing is different.

Do you have the capability to back down and say you're wrong? This would be a great time to learn otherwise.

For gods sake. Your reply was a fallacy because you were attempting to compare prices using two entirely different currencies. Everything I have stated is fact.

You even duped dammitbobby because he replied to you saying, "That’s criminal. 70k is what I’m getting my limited for in the US." No, his limited would be $70K US while the Tradesman you quoted is only $49K US, not $68K US.

Guess what. Taiwan has a dollar as well. If I lived there your $68,000 tradesman would cost $1,580,078. Sounds pretty sensational, but a truck costing $49K Canadian dollar, 68K US dollar, and 1580K Taiwan dollar all cost exactly the same amount of money. It's misleading to attempt to compare costs using two entirely different currencies.

Last edited:

silver billet

Reaction score
For gods sake. Your reply was a fallacy because you were attempting to compare prices using two entirely different currencies. Everything I have stated is fact.

You even duped dammitbobby because he replied to you saying, "That’s criminal. 70k is what I’m getting my limited for in the US." No, his limited would be $70K US while the Tradesman you quoted is only $49K US, not $68K US.

You quoted a unicorn price (nobody buys the absolute cheapest truck), in turn I quoted you a realisitic price for an entry Ram here in Canada, with subsequent posts following that thought through (which was, that Ram is no longer the value brand). And in the same post I told you the differences between the truck you posted.

You are completely over reacting to this all.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
OK folks - what are the actual likes and dislikes - I own one, so I want to hear from other actual owners!
Dislikes:
1- I don't like the price, I paid for a Big horn that is $ 5K more than a fully loaded 2019 Laramie OTD --- I paid for it so it is on me!
2- Dont like no dipstick
4- Build quality sucks - it maybe my example, I should have done a better job inspecting the truck during the pre-sale walk-through.
5- Dont like the Etourqe on/off at stops -- total BS function. No mileage improvement, HP or torque. A garbage way for Stentlantis to get a few credits for fuel efficiency.

so, far, I can not talk about likes since my truck is a week old and has 170 miles.
etourge is only on the V-6, the auto stop is operated a different way on the inline 6 but all the same it's a sucky feature I do agree.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The auto start rarley kicks in on my 2025 with the air condtioning on. I think I've only noticed it kick off twice in 650 miles.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Dislikes:
2- Dont like no dipstick

Can you elaborate on build quality sucks.

silver billet

Reaction score

Probably similar to 2019 and up. Mine is pretty bad if I'm being honest. Only one door closes what I consider "properly", the front passenger. It has a very satisfying and quiet "thump" when it closes, the rest all have varying degrees of clunking and "jiggling", the doors sort of bounce back before catching. The drivers is worst, and you can even see the top right sits in the frame perfectly where as the bottom right sticks out past the frame.

My interior rattles pretty bad in the winter, or in the summer when I turn on the AC. It's in the dash in several spots.

My headliner above my head rattles especially bad in the winter.

My brakes have always sounded terrible. First I had the backing up moan which was fixed with the kit in the TSB. But the fronts have always been squeaky and crunchy, some times when I stop hard while turning I hear what sounds like the caliper creaking and clunking. I can sit by a drive through and press my brakes and hear light creaking as they apply and come back off. Dealer tried ignoring it at first while under warranty, then charged me to "fix" them ($700) while being 1000km outside the warranty, and I had my trusted mechanic take a stab at it but nothing works other than shooting the caliper down with a good dose of wd40. That gets rid of the worst of the sounds, but it's always there and needs reapplying every few weeks. WD 40 can stays in my passenger door.

My transmission. It clunks too (common theme here). Hang onto the brake when it turns over, "clunk". Park at a bad angle and put it in drive, "clunk". Go through an intersection (rolling stop), get on the gas, downshift and "clunk".

My engine. It knocks when its cold, pings when its hot even with 91 octane. So far I've avoided the serious engine issues like broken manifolds and gooy lifters but that's something which might happen yet too.

My rear window leaked and was fixed under warranty but left a permanent stain in the headliner.

My tailgate doesn't open sometimes. Have to push it forward while pushing the button and then it pops open.

Three times now that I noticed, uconnect has just restarted while I've driving. No reason, wasn't touching anything, it just reboots. I'm getting off lightly here apparently, some really hate their systems but that's the worst of it there for me, just a few random reboots.

Despite that, I do intend to keep it as long as I can. All brands have crappy quality these days. I love the looks of it, the ride is cushy and luxurious, the engine should run forever given proper maintenance, it tows well, and it's still the most powerful and feature rich truck/car I've ever owned. It brings a really big smile on my face when I get on it hard and hear the rippems climb, especially while towing! Love hearing a big V8 working hard and then settling down for a long cruise.

Custom ordered, it's "my baby" and I do hope to get some of these problems cleared up eventually. I've sort of been a little lazy in getting after them.

I know you asked for 2025 but my bet is that it's all the same regardless of model year.

Edit: forgot to mention, already did my first wheel bearing at 100,000 kms, outside of warranty of course. Front right was just roaring away for no reason.

Last edited:

azzx

Reaction score
Again: I should have done a better job inspecting the vehicle before paying for it.
1- Misaligned front passenger door --- 1/4 inch gap on the bottom half of the door. --- fixed by the dealer-recommended body shop. It is OK now.
2- Dimple/ding on passenger driver-side door -- to be fixed hopefully next week by the dealer.
3- Orange peel riddled paint
4- Rattles over bumpy roads, have no idea from what/where -- again only 70 miles on the truck
5- Clunky transmission down/up shifting - I never had this issue with my 2019. I hope that shift quality improves with miles!!!!

IMG20240519095423.jpg

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Probably similar to 2019 and up. Mine is pretty bad if I'm being honest. Only one door closes what I consider "properly", the front passenger. It has a very satisfying and quiet "thump" when it closes, the rest all have varying degrees of clunking and "jiggling", the doors sort of bounce back before catching. The drivers is worst, and you can even see the top right sits in the frame perfectly where as the bottom right sticks out past the frame.

My interior rattles pretty bad in the winter, or in the summer when I turn on the AC. It's in the dash in several spots.

My headliner above my head rattles especially bad in the winter.

My brakes have always sounded terrible. First I had the backing up moan which was fixed with the kit in the TSB. But the fronts have always been squeaky and crunchy, some times when I stop hard while turning I hear what sounds like the caliper creaking and clunking. I can sit by a drive through and press my brakes and hear light creaking as they apply and come back off. Dealer tried ignoring it at first while under warranty, then charged me to "fix" them ($700) while being 1000km outside the warranty, and I had my trusted mechanic take a stab at it but nothing works other than shooting the caliper down with a good dose of wd40. That gets rid of the worst of the sounds, but it's always there and needs reapplying every few weeks. WD 40 can stays in my passenger door.

My transmission. It clunks too (common theme here). Hang onto the brake when it turns over, "clunk". Park at a bad angle and put it in drive, "clunk". Go through an intersection (rolling stop), get on the gas, downshift and "clunk".

My engine. It knocks when its cold, pings when its hot even with 91 octane. So far I've avoided the serious engine issues like broken manifolds and gooy lifters but that's something which might happen yet too.

My rear window leaked and was fixed under warranty but left a permanent stain in the headliner.

My tailgate doesn't open sometimes. Have to push it forward while pushing the button and then it pops open.

Three times now that I noticed, uconnect has just restarted while I've driving. No reason, wasn't touching anything, it just reboots. I'm getting off lightly here apparently, some really hate their systems but that's the worst of it there for me, just a few random reboots.

Despite that, I do intend to keep it as long as I can. All brands have crappy quality these days. I love the looks of it, the ride is cushy and luxurious, the engine should run forever given proper maintenance, it tows well, and it's still the most powerful and feature rich truck/car I've ever owned. It brings a really big smile on my face when I get on it hard and hear the rippems climb, especially while towing! Love hearing a big V8 working hard and then settling down for a long cruise.

Custom ordered, it's "my baby" and I do hope to get some of these problems cleared up eventually. I've sort of been a little lazy in getting after them.

I know you asked for 2025 but my bet is that it's all the same regardless of model year.

Edit: forgot to mention, already did my first wheel bearing at 100,000 kms, outside of warranty of course. Front right was just roaring away for no reason.
Thanks for the response. You’d think if the rear window leak has been a problem they would have found a solution by now but I guess it’s cheaper to just keep fixing the ones that leak.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Again: I should have done a better job inspecting the vehicle before paying for it.
1- Misaligned front passenger door --- 1/4 inch gap on the bottom half of the door. --- fixed by the dealer-recommended body shop. It is OK now.
2- Dimple/ding on passenger driver-side door -- to be fixed hopefully next week by the dealer.
3- Orange peel riddled paint
4- Rattles over bumpy roads, have no idea from what/where -- again only 70 miles on the truck
5- Clunky transmission down/up shifting - I never had this issue with my 2019. I hope that shift quality improves with miles!!!!

View attachment 183839
Had the same problem with my passenger door on my 2024 Denali didn’t notice it until I got home. Will be definitely doing an in depth inspection when my ram comes in.

silver billet

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. You’d think if the rear window leak has been a problem they would have found a solution by now but I guess it’s cheaper to just keep fixing the ones that leak.

Someone somewhere once made the claim that both Ram and GM use the same rear window vendor. Wouldn't surprise me, there are lots of car parts made by vendors that are independent of an actual brand, and both of these trucks have the exact same issue with the cracked frame. Rams also have leaking CHMSL and/or antenna though, not sure about GM.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
one other thing I noticed is it seems Ram went back to high dusting brake pads, my 2019 made almost no dust but the wheels on my 2025 are getting cacked in just a weeks worth of driving. Similar to my 2014.

PetePA

Reaction score
Here's a comparison - Tungsten vs. Platinum Plus (i think that's also the name of a strip club in Allentown, PA in case you all were wondering)

dammitbobby

Reaction score
The ford has a nice feature for the running boards but the interior is dog crap for the money you’re paying.

silver billet

Reaction score
Here's a comparison - Tungsten vs. Platinum Plus (i think that's also the name of a strip club in Allentown, PA in case you all were wondering)

Can you give us a TL;DW, what were the conclusions?

PetePA

Reaction score
Can you give us a TL;DW, what were the conclusions?
Ram still has the nicest interior. Ford was easier to drive for the short lady. Ford slightly less expensive. Each have a few unique features, nothing incredible that one has and the other doesn't. Was going to look up engine in the Ford but got distracted lol.

Users who are viewing this thread