5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 ram 1500 likes dislikes and what can’t you wait for.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Hey all, just figured this could be a fun discussion while we wait. What made you decide to order a 2025 over getting a leftover 2024? What are some features that you’re excited about and conversely what is a feature or a design decision that you’re not that excited about/worried about.

I’ll go first, I weighed the decision seriously back in march I was in contact with someone at mark dodge and was going to purchase a 2024 fully loaded limited for around 67k. It was the last day of the nationwide discount and I was really torn but I wanted to test drive 2025 with the hurricane in it before I made my mind up. Now too be honest if that price was 5k less on the 2024 I don’t think I would have even considered waiting but a 3k difference wasn’t enough to make me not wait to try a 2025. When I test drove the 2025 I instantly knew I was going to order one.

As far as features goes, not sure how often it will be used but I’m excited for smartphone as a key, I’ve upgraded my house to a smart lock and don’t carry house keys so being able to get rid of the car key will be nice. I’m also stoked to check out the massaging seats. A feature I’m not too thrilled about is the 14.5 inch screen. I preferred the physical buttons under the screen and it kinda worries me if something happens to the screen how do I adjust ride height and such. Also I stupidly didn’t spend the extra couple hundred dollars on the trailer break controller because honestly I don’t have anything to tow because I never have owned a vehicle that could tow any real weight. So now I’m wondering if since the trailer break controller is not a physical button can you even add it aftermarket anymore.

AllAmer1719

Reaction score
If consumers continue to pay these prices, then we understand why that price them this high. To each is their own. I just cant get on board with a 70k truck. This new engine is what intrigues me the most. That is prob why i would buy one if I was willing. My 2020 BH is paid off and will ride it until wheels fall off.

What color did you choose?

lonepeak

Reaction score
I just turned over 100K on my '15 Laramie and wanted a new RAM with the I6 since I have a beemer with one (and a former one) and love the engine. For the past year I considered a '24 5.7 but decided to wait. I was impressed by some of the features in the Austin journalist event. Now I'm having second thoughts due to RAM not communicating on the 2025 Limited and even the dealers in the dark. Leaves a bad taste for the brand and earlier excitement has waned.

Certainly there are improvements over my 5.7 '15 but now I wonder if I should refurbish it and wait a year or two - still in great shape and drives great but need to make decision on tires and RAM delay not helping on that either.

I like everything shown in the '25 Limited except that ridiculous passenger screen. Not making that optional is a big fail for RAM. I liked the extra storage on the former models and who needs an extra screen? It is one thing along with the delay that has made me look at other trucks, Ford and the Denali but not totally sold on those. Pretty soon Ford and GMC will show the 25s and that may help make my decision in lieu of delays from RAM.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If consumers continue to pay these prices, then we understand why that price them this high. To each is their own. I just cant get on board with a 70k truck. This new engine is what intrigues me the most. That is prob why i would buy one if I was willing. My 2020 BH is paid off and will ride it until wheels fall off.

People have always been willing to pay a premium price for a premium luxury vehicle. Today's trucks are yesterday's luxury vehicle. If you only need a work truck, you can get a 2025 Tradesman for around $40K.

dammitbobby

Reaction score

I wanted the new blue metallic color but it’s not available yet, I went with the ivory pearl color. Also I agree but I’m without a vehicle and need a truck so 🤷‍♂️. But also the prices aren’t going to come down much if anything, that would tank the use value of all these trucks. Best they can do in give incentives but MSRP is here to stay.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
People have always been willing to pay a premium price for a premium luxury vehicle. Today's trucks are yesterday's luxury vehicle. If you only need a work truck, you can get a 2025 Tradesman for around $40K.

Here in Canada, a 4x4 CC tradesman with the cheap turbo starts at $68,000; before taxes, destination, and useful features like a brake controller.

To replace my truck? $78 to $80k.

They can stuff it where it hurts.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I just turned over 100K on my '15 Laramie and wanted a new RAM with the I6 since I have a beemer with one (and a former one) and love the engine. For the past year I considered a '24 5.7 but decided to wait. I was impressed by some of the features in the Austin journalist event. Now I'm having second thoughts due to RAM not communicating on the 2025 Limited and even the dealers in the dark. Leaves a bad taste for the brand and earlier excitement has waned.

Certainly there are improvements over my 5.7 '15 but now I wonder if I should refurbish it and wait a year or two - still in great shape and drives great but need to make decision on tires and RAM delay not helping on that either.

I like everything shown in the '25 Limited except that ridiculous passenger screen. Not making that optional is a big fail for RAM. I liked the extra storage on the former models and who needs an extra screen? It is one thing along with the delay that has made me look at other trucks, Ford and the Denali but not totally sold on those. Pretty soon Ford and GMC will show the 25s and that may help make my decision in lieu of delays from RAM.
Yeah I feel like the passenger screen is a gimmick I’d rather have the top glove box.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Here in Canada, a 4x4 CC tradesman with the cheap turbo starts at $68,000; before taxes, destination, and useful features like a brake controller.

To replace my truck? $78 to $80k.

They can stuff it where it hurts.
That’s criminal. 70k is what I’m getting my limited for in the US.

silver billet

Reaction score
That’s criminal. 70k is what I’m getting my limited for in the US.

I should be honest and point out that us Canucks always get the shaft when it comes to dollars regardless of brand.

But just to give you a comparison, my truck's MSRP was 61k for a bighorn with the level 2 (so nicely optioned up), dealer price was about 48k or 49k IIRC. It was below 50 out the door. And that already gave me heart palpitations for a month.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score

About 10% higher than the US though the $68K figure is somewhat misleading since the figure I cited was in US dollars; not Canadian dollars. $68,000 Canadian equals around $49,600 in US dollars. Eliminate the 4x4 option and the base Tradesman in Canada runs around $45,800 in US dollars and the same base Tradesman runs around $5,000 US dollars less in the U.S.

Last edited:

silver billet

Reaction score
About 10% higher than the US though the $68K figure is somewhat misleading since the figure I cited was in US dollars; not Canadian dollars. $68,000 Canadian equals around $49,600 in US dollars. Eliminate the 4x4 option and the base Tradesman in Canada runs around $45,800 in US dollars and the same base Tradesman runs around $5,000 US dollars less in the U.S.

It doesn't work that way. You can't just convert USD to CAD and get a value, as I said Ram's cheapest truck is nuts, they are really out of their minds. Ram Canada is a separate corporate entity with their own marketing and pricing.

I can get a GMC SLE with the 3.0 diesel for 65k MSRP. That's a far better deal.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Only thing I've found I don't like is the downgrade in lighting, taillights are not LED on the Laramie, and it would be nice to have the led strips on the headlights back. Also chrome badges even on non night editions seems a bit outdated. Liking everything else about the truck including the new engine and extra torque. Dispite what some others have been saying the build quality seems better then both my 2014 and 2019 Rams.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It doesn't work that way. You can't just convert USD to CAD and get a value, as I said Ram's cheapest truck is nuts, they are really out of their minds. Ram Canada is a separate corporate entity with their own marketing and pricing.

I can get a GMC SLE with the 3.0 diesel for 65k MSRP. That's a far better deal.

Nonsense, that's exactly the way it works. You responded to my comment about buying a basic Tradesman for around $40K with a misleading comment about a 4x4 Tradesman being $68K in Canada as if the same truck costs over $40K more in Canada. It's misleading to mix Canadian dollars with US dollars and I believe it was your intent to mislead.

Your Ram Canada being a separate corporate entity with their own marketing and prices comment is completely irrelevant to the facts I have posted. Any 3rd grader with the internet can easily determine the MSRP of a Ram truck sold in Canada and the prices listed are in Canadian dollars; not US dollars.

silver billet

Reaction score
Nonsense, that's exactly the way it works. You responded to my comment about buying a basic Tradesman for around $40K with a misleading comment about a 4x4 Tradesman being $68K in Canada as if the same truck costs over $40K more in Canada. It's misleading to mix Canadian dollars with US dollars and I believe it was your intent to mislead.

Your Ram Canada being a separate corporate entity with their own marketing and prices comment is completely irrelevant to the facts I have posted. Any 3rd grader with the internet can easily determine the MSRP of a Ram truck sold in Canada and the prices listed are in Canadian dollars; not US dollars.

Why don't you put down the "nonsense" and "your intent to mislead" just for a second and try to have a civil discussion. Is that ok? I didn't say "the same truck cost 40k more", I even pointed out that it was a CC 4x4 (which is obviously not base truck). The reason I picked that specific truck (CC 4x4) is because that's a far more realisitic purchase price. You cannnot find a 2wd truck in canada, so a CC 4x4 tradesman is about the cheapest entry you're going to find in Canada from Ram. It's a realistic price, not a unicorn price. Almost every truck sold in Canada that is not a fleet truck, is a 4x4 CC. So that 68k was meant to show the min price you're at for getting into a Ram truck.

There are 2 things going on here, the first being that trucks in Canada are not priced by simply converting USD to CAD. We have prices set completely independently from America. We even have our own trims at times (the "sport").

Secondly: my actual intent was to point out that Ram has completely flipped their position from being the "value" brand (getting more truck for less money) which is what brought me into the brand, to a "these are now the most expensive trucks" brand. As I mentioned, I can get a more upscale trim from GMC, with a better (IMHO) diesel engine, 2 more gears, stunning interior, for less money.

When I bought my 2019, it was the other way around; my Ram cost $12k less than the equivalent GMC.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why don't you put down the "nonsense" and "your intent to mislead" just for a second and try to have a civil discussion. Is that ok? I didn't say "the same truck cost 40k more", I even pointed out that it was a CC 4x4 (which is obviously not base truck). The reason I picked that specific truck (CC 4x4) is because that's a far more realisitic purchase price. You cannnot find a 2wd truck in canada, so a CC 4x4 tradesman is about the cheapest entry you're going to find in Canada from Ram. It's a realistic price, not a unicorn price. Almost every truck sold in Canada that is not a fleet truck, is a 4x4 CC. So that 68k was meant to show the min price you're at for getting into a Ram truck.
You are spinning. That $68K you used to respond to my post was meant to mislead because that $68k sticker price in Canadian is in Canadian dollars and that same truck can be purchased in Canada for around $49,000 in US dollars just by going to a bank and converting your ~$49,000 US dollars to $68,000 Canadian dollars.

The MSRP for 2025 Tradesman, Quad Cab, 4x4 sold in Canada is $62,740 Canadian which is $45,850 in US dollars.

There are 2 things going on here, the first being that trucks in Canada are not priced by simply converting USD to CAD. We have prices set completely independently from America. We even have our own trims at times (the "sport").

Completely irrelevant to the facts I have stated. The price of trucks in Canada are about 10% higher than in the US. Talk to your government about that. The prices I am using are based on Ram Canada prices listed in Canadian dollars. You can in fact take the price of a truck listed in Canada, in Canadian dollars, and find out how much it would cost you to buy that exact same truck in US dollars just by using a currency converter.

Secondly: my actual intent was to point out that Ram has completely flipped their position from being the "value" brand (getting more truck for less money) which is what brought me into the brand, to a "these are now the most expensive trucks" brand. As I mentioned, I can get a more upscale trim from GMC, with a better (IMHO) diesel engine, 2 more gears, stunning interior, for less money.

When I bought my 2019, it was the other way around; my Ram cost $12k less than the equivalent GMC.

I'm on my 4th Hemi Ram since 2003 and don't remember them ever being a value brand and they were not marketed as a value brand. They also never had a sticker price that was $12k lower than an equivalent GMC.

St-na

Reaction score
Would be nice to go back to the topic and forget about prices. Have seen 2025 on dealer lot and I thought they have upgraded, not downgraded lights. At least head light seems to be the same on all trims, or I am wrong? How is interior and new engine acceleration? I don't really care about MPG, was happy with mine 15-20, but is really more efficient?

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Would be nice to go back to the topic and forget about prices. Have seen 2025 on dealer lot and I thought they have upgraded, not downgraded lights. At least head light seems to be the same on all trims, or I am wrong? How is interior and new engine acceleration? I don't really care about MPG, was happy with mine 15-20, but is really more efficient?
Interior is largely the same on lower trims. I drove a Laramie that was pretty bare bones. What I noticed was that it drove incredibly smooth from the engine to the suspension. Accelerating was fun it was smooth plenty of power on the low end but tons of power in the mid range. As far as mpg goes we’ll have to wait to see real world stuff. The efficiency stuff isn’t really carried over to mpg gain they did not build an economical twin turbo I6 they built a powerful one so mpg will be slightly better in the standard output and a little worse in the high output, but again that’s on paper. The efficiency boost comes in the emissions which is not directly tied into mpg.

St-na

Reaction score
Interior is largely the same on lower trims. I drove a Laramie that was pretty bare bones. What I noticed was that it drove incredibly smooth from the engine to the suspension. Accelerating was fun it was smooth plenty of power on the low end but tons of power in the mid range. As far as mpg goes we’ll have to wait to see real world stuff. The efficiency stuff isn’t really carried over to mpg gain they did not build an economical twin turbo I6 they built a powerful one so mpg will be slightly better in the standard output and a little worse in the high output, but again that’s on paper. The efficiency boost comes in the emissions which is not directly tied into mpg.
Efficiency has nothing to do with the emissions. There is an index in engineering SFOC- specific fuel oil consumption which is measured in kg/kWh. Driving 2 trucks under the same conditions with the different engines 500hp and 395hp Your are using same power (kW), let's say even road 75mph, but the engine with better Efficiency (sfoc) will give You better MPG. You may have very good emission for the very low efficient engine by adding catalytic converters or similar.

RamGuy32

Reaction score

I think the bigger issue here is forgetting that when in Canada, this is the relevant price that they have to pay. Canada does have a better exchange rate for Americans, but then the "spend" of that money is what is important. Sometimes we might forget that RAM is in other countries and are priced in their currency. I didn't take his message as misleading, I took it as a pain point that we all feel in different ways. In traveling overseas, I've seen exchange rates that are crazy good, and terribly bad. Case in point, go to Scotland and the USD conversion to the British pound is terrible, yet your spend is soooo much better in Scotland. Go to Ireland, and the conversion to Euro is better, but it's so expensive even by our standards. It made me realize they're both so similar in amenities but one is much more affordable.

I guess this is why writing can sometimes be less effective than talking as it has the back and forth misunderstandings! :)

Users who are viewing this thread