5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Not what I wanted to read after another long day of work. I like to check the thread, hoping for some good news. This was not it. Regardless of all that - the complete lack of communication is just totally unacceptable.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Both sides have their demands but the idea that agreements on quality control or that the requisite engineering staff is not available is troubling given the delays and rumors so far. Doesn't give me confidence. Maybe like he said there were issues with the TRX in the beginning. Not sure this foreign ownership is in the customers best interest, but certainly in Stellantis's financial interest. The balance of the two is concerning. Brake failures, loose wiring and connectors, not qualified engineers . . . . . . The YouTubers have to make a story and keep up the platform. Hope this one is overdone.
yes, there are concerns but I expected some. I view the vid with a grain of salt. in my younger years, I worked for a ford Stamping plant it was UAW. nothing against the union but there are always 2 sides of the story. I can tell you from experience I have heard a floor union steward tell the line workers to keep moving parts even when they knew they were defective so that they could keep the piece rate up. we made stamped body parts for the mustang, f-150, etc. something as simple as a broken punch in the drawing dies and we would run the whole shifts parts like that.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Not what I wanted to read after another long day of work. I like to check the thread, hoping for some good news. This was not it. Regardless of all that - the complete lack of communication is just totally unacceptable.
I have been saying that all along.

PetePA

Reaction score
Here's a short update:
-No additions to the 81 Limiteds (inc. Longhorn) that have been in production for about 5 days.
-No Tungstens
-Tradesmen seem to be leveling out at 4%
-Laramie looks to be what the Rebel and Tradesmen production increase is eating in to.

-2024 sales still somewhat steady but very slow
-Total 2025s seem to be flattening in the graph. Unfortunately, I can't tell whether production is slowing (maybe they've reached inventory targets going into their outage?) or sales have picked up.

Attachments

• Trim.JPG
    Trim.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2024.JPG
    2024.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 7

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Here's a short update:
-No additions to the 81 Limiteds (inc. Longhorn) that have been in production for about 5 days.
-No Tungstens
-Laramie looks to be what the Rebel and Tradesmen production increase is eating in to.

-Total 2025s seem to be flattening in the graph. Unfortunately, I can't tell whether production is slowing (maybe they've reached inventory targets going into their outage?) or sales have picked up.
I frequently watch the ray and Zach new you can use show on YouTube they pulled up a couple different 2025 ram 1500’s on car edge the other day with their algorithm it stated the 2025’s had over 2500 days on market before they sold out of current inventory. They also said that their data is showing not many people searching from ram 1500’s on their site. Which would line up with slow sales on the 2024 models.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
I frequently watch the ray and Zach new you can use show on YouTube they pulled up a couple different 2025 ram 1500’s on car edge the other day with their algorithm it stated the 2025’s had over 2500 days on market before they sold out of current inventory. They also said that their data is showing not many people searching from ram 1500’s on their site. Which would line up with slow sales on the 2024 models.
Almost seven years? I must be missing something.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Almost seven years? I must be missing something.
It’s calculated by sales and the number of units for sale so if you think about it it makes sense. If the current models out are the Laramie/rebel and lower trims and those trucks could be as much as they’re selling 2024 limiteds for then you obviously get the 2024 limited or other 2024 model. So if there’s 25-30k trucks for sale nationwide and very little of them are selling it’s going to have a very high number calculated for market days supply.

PetePA

Reaction score
It’s calculated by sales and the number of units for sale so if you think about it it makes sense. If the current models out are the Laramie/rebel and lower trims and those trucks could be as much as they’re selling 2024 limiteds for then you obviously get the 2024 limited or other 2024 model. So if there’s 25-30k trucks for sale nationwide and very little of them are selling it’s going to have a very high number calculated for market days supply.
Would make sense, but the data is showing very slow 2024 sales too, so something has to be off. If it wasn't, we'd be in the great recession 2.0

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Click bait. That's not correct.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Click bait. That's not correct.
As much as the titles are click bait the info isn’t necessarily wrong. Sales numbers are in the dumpster for 2024 models which are cheaper than 2025 models. For normal people not on ram truck forums they’re just gonna buy the cheapest they can find.

MT755

Reaction score
I worked in a factory for 20 years and so many times when the workers ideas to improve process or identified a problem, management would do nothing to improve the product or situation. After a while of being ignored we would just give up and run parts and keep quiet.
It's like a marriage, if neither side "cares" about the relationship, it will fail to produce a quality product.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As much as the titles are click bait the info isn’t necessarily wrong. Sales numbers are in the dumpster for 2024 models which are cheaper than 2025 models. For normal people not on ram truck forums they’re just gonna buy the cheapest they can find.
Sure, they may be doing the correct formula, but the 2025s are BARELY released and not many on dealer lots.

If you want true numbers, go back a few months and you'll see that the 2500s had a 700ish day supply...and that's not with a newly released model... but the current model year with months/a full year of production.

Last edited:

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Sure, they may be doing the correct formula, but the 2025s are BARELY released and not many on dealer lots.

If you want true numbers, go back a few months and you'll see that the 2500s had a 700ish day supply...and that's not with a newly released model... but the current model year with months/a full year of production.
From rams website there are 13650 2025’s on dealer lots with another 13k in transit I believe the number included the in transit so if you take them out and even take a 10x factor some of those trucks still would have a 250 day supply which is still crazy. The issue is they still have 2022 and 2023 models on dealer lots and I couldn’t even get a good enough deal on a 2023 model that was on the lot for over a year to make me not be interested in a 2025. The market is flooded with trucks that aren’t selling and we’re waiting.

Merlise

Reaction score
Here's a short update:
-No Tungstens

It does make me feel a little better that they haven't started building any Tungstens yet. Hopefully it's due to them wanting to fix the issues they've been having first before building the higher trims and not just a lack of parts or something.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I was at my dealers yesterday afternoon after getting some other erronds done why we are rain delayed. he checked my order since getting a vin over the weekend and its in D status and was in the hard schedule what ever that is? he said he usually sees these move to D1 in just a matter of days he thought by next week it would move to D1 and a build date would issue on the site we can see ourselves, we will see i guess.

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I worked in a factory for 20 years and so many times when the workers ideas to improve process or identified a problem, management would do nothing to improve the product or situation. After a while of being ignored we would just give up and run parts and keep quiet.
It's like a marriage, if neither side "cares" about the relationship, it will fail to produce a quality product.

Management has the ability to not only bring out the best in their employees but also bring about apathy.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
There is also a supply issue for the wheels, at least on the Tungsten.

If SHAP is in short supply of Tungsten wheels, they might push it out the door with a mixed set. This guy got 3 Peasant Edition and 1 Special Edition wheel on his Final Edition TRX. :ROFLMAO:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
If SHAP is in short supply of Tungsten wheels, they might push it out the door with a mixed set. This guy got 3 Peasant Edition and 1 Special Edition wheel on his Final Edition TRX. :ROFLMAO:

That's bonkers.
There's no way it came with it like that right?
Those are like 125k MSRP aren't they?

Users who are viewing this thread