5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I'm not sure how long it will take as this is my first custom order of any kind. From what people have been saying here it's likely going to be dependent on parts availability for the higher equipment group. As you said, perhaps the experts can chime in.
I have custom ordered trucks from GM for 20 years and it never took more than about 8 weeks even on a model change over. My 21 that I just got rid of last week came during the chip shortage it took 7 weeks from order to delivery. It did come without VVT though. Which I could have cared less about anyway. This is my first ram and it’s taking way longer than it should in my opinion.

Last edited:

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Check your order, they are assigning VINs for upper trims now!
YES, I now have a VIN number on my limited. I just checked.
Now how long. Maybe my very stern thoughts of filling dealer lots and letting sold orders sit way to long got somewhere with Ram cares.
They said I would get a vin very soon. I checked Friday and nothing didn’t think they would do that over the weekend.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
That's great on the Tungsten VIN. Boy I really hope it's breaking loose. I want to order with the FBM color, so never placed the order back when you could it in. Was planning to give it until Memorial Day, and if I couldn't order by then, was going to look at Denali. (and I *really* do not want to).

Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know specifically what the dates are for the production "pause"? Is this just a planned shutdown to allow upgrades on the line and such?
I just got links for a Denali sent to me yesterday morning as I was starting to entertain a different route. Like you I really did not want a Denali. I feel the ram gives you a lot more for just a little more money.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I just got links for a Denali sent to me yesterday morning as I was starting to entertain a different route. Like you I really did not want a Denali. I feel the ram gives you a lot more for just a little more money.
I had a 2024 Denali, my 2025 1500 limited is less than I paid for the Denali and I feel like it has WAY more value. The only thing I’m missing is gonna be the 30mpg with the 3.0 baby max.

dcchris311

Reaction score
I got an email from Anthony at Mark Dodge, and my Tungsten is in "C" status. Does anyone know what that means? I already got a VIN.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I got an email from Anthony at Mark Dodge, and my Tungsten is in "C" status. Does anyone know what that means? I already got a VIN.
my salesman is going to check tomorrow to see where mine is exactly as far as status goes, he is off today. I was under the assumption from what I have read that once the vin is assigned the process moves fairly quickly.

PetePA

Reaction score
my salesman is going to check tomorrow to see where mine is exactly as far as status goes, he is off today. I was under the assumption from what I have read that once the vin is assigned the process moves fairly quickly.

I hope you're right but I've read differently, unfortunately.

lonepeak

Reaction score
You’ve got to confirm that the A equipment group is available which is what is holding things up. Otherwise it will progress to “being built” and sit there.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
There is also a supply issue for the wheels, at least on the Tungsten.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Nothing like getting commitments for vehicles that RAM can’t ship. Hopefully this will clear up soon. There seems to be some movement for some of you. I’m waiting to order hopefully next week.

PetePA

Reaction score
well if that's the case I will probably be driving a new Denali. I've already waited since January and Just got a VIN Saturday.
2022 was the tail end of COVID. I'd give it until mid-June if you can.

PS I set up my fishing trip for 3rd week in September... so we shall see!

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

You'll likely be good to go. Something had to of progressed which triggered the VINs being issued. It hopefully should go quick.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score

my annual fishing trip/ Vacation is second week of July. we keep the cabin reserved for that week every year. I want a place of my own on the lake up there for in the summers when I retire.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
well if that's the case I will probably be driving a new Denali. I've already waited since January and Just got a VIN Saturday.
I"m in the same boat. I haven't even been able to place my order yet. I was thinking Limited early on, and then figured for a very little bit extra I could get the Tungsten. By the time I made that decision, it was restricted. So I'm not sure if I want to wait until September (or later?). I'm giving it to the end of this month at the latest to see if something breaks through. I really hope it does - I want this truck.

Users who are viewing this thread