5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s a ways to ship them for just a part. From shap to Belvedere is a fair distance 21/2 hours one way at least on a good day on Chicago interstates. That has to be costly for an already pricey truck! I can tell you for sure in July, I drive right by the plant on my way to northern Wisconsin up to the cabin.
I wasn't the one who posted they were in Belvidere. I'm just saying if they are parking Rams there (over 5.5 hours from SHAP), they are likely there as a place to park them as they are most likely waiting on a part of some sort. Which to me, would mean the lots Stellantis has around Detroit are full. I have no idea if they are or aren't.

Ford has/had lots full all around Detroit and Louisville as they were building incomplete trucks and needed to be finished before they were shipped to dealers. I wasn't aware Stellantis was doing this, I've mostly heard of Ford and GMs missing features due to the chip shortage, whereas Stellantis wouldn't even build the truck until everything was available.

Back in 2019, many were shipped to Toledo and then trucked out from there. Mine sat in Toledo a few days before I was able to get it marked HOT and she showed up a few days later.

No way they'd be parking them that far away if they were all set to ship out to dealers...

PetePA

Reaction score
That’s a ways to ship them for just a part. From shap to Belvedere is a fair distance 21/2 hours one way at least on a good day on Chicago interstates. That has to be costly for an already pricey truck! I can tell you for sure in July, I drive right by the plant on my way to northern Wisconsin up to the cabin.
Check your order, they are assigning VINs for upper trims now!

Ramboy13

Reaction score
That's great on the Tungsten VIN. Boy I really hope it's breaking loose. I want to order with the FBM color, so never placed the order back when you could it in. Was planning to give it until Memorial Day, and if I couldn't order by then, was going to look at Denali. (and I *really* do not want to).

Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know specifically what the dates are for the production "pause"? Is this just a planned shutdown to allow upgrades on the line and such?

PetePA

Reaction score
That's great on the Tungsten VIN. Boy I really hope it's breaking loose. I want to order with the FBM color, so never placed the order back when you could it in. Was planning to give it until Memorial Day, and if I couldn't order by then, was going to look at Denali. (and I *really* do not want to).

Sorry if I missed it, but does anyone know specifically what the dates are for the production "pause"? Is this just a planned shutdown to allow upgrades on the line and such?

It's 5/20 to 6/3 IIRC. Anthony from Mark Dodge posted it. I can't remember exactly what he said it was for... maybe maintenance and retooling?

Ramboy13

Reaction score
It's 5/20 to 6/3 IIRC. Anthony from Mark Dodge posted it. I can't remember exactly what he said it was for... maybe maintenance and retooling?
Thank you. I've been working with Anthony, and will order with him once the Tungsten opens up for ordering. I'll be interested to see how long it'll be from VIN assignment to delivery.

PetePA

Reaction score
Thank you. I've been working with Anthony, and will order with him once the Tungsten opens up for ordering. I'll be interested to see how long it'll be from VIN assignment to delivery.
Did Tungsten ordering close or something?

dcchris311

Reaction score

You can take my Tungsten order, I eneded switching to an RHO.

PetePA

Reaction score
I checked and now have a VIN assigned. Does this mean it’s in production?
No, it means it's probably in D status. From the TRX forums...

"D – Firm schedule: serial number assigned. Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number:"

At least we're seeing some movement... but this doesn't guarantee that it still won't be September until we see our trucks. It also might be a lot sooner than we think.

PetePA

Reaction score
Never ordered a vehicle before how long does it usually take from getting your VIN until they start building the truck?

I haven't either. From what I'm reading, it can still be months away. Maybe some more experienced people can comment?

HowDoYouTruck

Reaction score
I'm not sure how long it will take as this is my first custom order of any kind. From what people have been saying here it's likely going to be dependent on parts availability for the higher equipment group. As you said, perhaps the experts can chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread