5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Yeah leave it out but it's probably connected to part B which is connect to part C which is . . . . . . . . making the entire group A unavailable.
probably right, but they sure seemed to have the parts for the media trucks for the drive through, 1 guy posted a video using the system in a 2025. so, they should have had parts acquired for the trucks by now and ready for production. it's been a bad day, and this just adds to the frustration.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Could this be it?

How does active steering work? At the heart of the Active Steering system is the planetary gear set that is integrated into the steering column. There is a motor in the joint that adjusts the front wheel’s steering angle. A speed sensor passes information to the Active Steering system so that the front wheels can be adjusted according to the speed that you are traveling.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Could this be it?

How does active steering work? At the heart of the Active Steering system is the planetary gear set that is integrated into the steering column. There is a motor in the joint that adjusts the front wheel’s steering angle. A speed sensor passes information to the Active Steering system so that the front wheels can be adjusted according to the speed that you are traveling.
to be honest I don't know how it works. it's supposed to have a camara or something that watches you, so you don't take your eyes off the road, I guess. other than that, I don't know much about it, and I am only getting it because it's in A group. I would not waste the money on that option if it was stand alone. the only thing in A group I have to have been the big screen and the sound system. if I could have ordered that stuff separate, I would have and forgot A group.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
it looks ZF is one of the suppliers making this system. unfortunately, that's one of the suppliers tied up in court hearings I believe I read somewhere and wont ship the parts to stellantis until they get parts increase over what the contract says.https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/what-is-level-2-automated-driving/

jonusko

Reaction score
Super interesting. I wonder if they simply don't add the made-to-order trucks to their public inventory system. It makes sense that they don't!

Maybe they're secretly building all of our Limiteds and Tungstens and just haven't told us.
It's been almost a week in the "Vehicle Built" status, and it is not in either online inventory. Maybe custom orders don't show up in the customer-facing systems.

I got the email for the completed build yesterday - five days after the build completed.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I'm giving RAM till the end of the month. If no communication or folks on here getting VINs or order code updates then it may be a Denali which I just looked at. Front end with a darker silver didn't look too bad and most features at least competitive. No passenger screen either.

In the meantime a RAM dealer called me and said he could do 9,000 off MSRP and could place order. I know I can do a little better than that. He also knew that Limiteds were being delayed. I told him I'm not making any commitments until RAM communicates with its customers or I see orders and shipping happening.

dcchris311

Reaction score
going to be pissed if someone gets an RHO that was just released a week ago before I get mine that was ordered in January. just saying Nail hammer coffin.
yes, I am whining.

I know how you feel and I've been waiting as long as you have for my Tungsten. I got tired of waiting, so I switched to an RHO with a level 1 option and now I see the other RHOs getting VINs. This is frustrating as hell. I don't appreciate how RAM leaves everyone in the dark.

FloridaSun

Reaction score
I have sent an email to a couple of the YouTube RAM reviewers and told them RAM wasn't producing nor shipping Limited and Tungstens as that is what they reviewed on their channels. One did reply and mentioned the RAM rep with the trucks mentioned to them they were in production.

dcchris311

Reaction score
Here's a post from the RHO forum. Looks like base models are moving forward. I would assume that they're also building Limiteds since they both are HO models.

"QUICK UPDATE. There have been 127 new RHO VINs issued in the past 48 hours All members that have registered their order and received a VIN are base model trucks"

Last edited:

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's a post from the RHO forum. Looks like base models are moving forward. I would assume that they're also building Limiteds since they both are HO models.

"QUICK UPDATE. There have been 127 new RHO VINs issued in the past 48 hours All members that have registered their order and received a VIN are base model trucks"
It's pretty obvious they are having supply chain issues with some parts on options the higher end trucks have.

No VIN will be issued or an order move to "scheduled" status until all parts are available...

Users who are viewing this thread