5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Interesting to hear from someone that likes the grill and the truck, less problems. I just can't get used to it but obviously a lot of folks like it. Just seems so massive - have only seen them on the road, read some road tests and built one on the website. When they come up behind me they look like they could bulldoze me off the road ha ha. Part of that flavor I guess. I like the rest of the look of the truck but do think the RAM has features no one else has. Before I complain I should actually look at one in the lot but hoping RAM comes through on the Limited by end of month.
I loved my Denali I had the 3.0 incline 6 turbo diesel. Was my dream truck, unfortunately it was lemon and needed a new engine after 196 miles and if I didn’t fight for myself I would have been stuck with a 85k truck with a half rebuilt engine. IF ram would have announced the hurricane 1500’s I’m not entirely sure I would have purchased the Denali though. I loved the ram 1500 when I drove it but I also drove a wagoneer with the hurricane and found it far superior to the hemi.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Loved the interior of the Denali, but I also loved the look of it grill and all. Mine just so happened to be a lemon which is why I’m here lol. The only problem with the Denali vs the Limited is that I feel like you get more for your money with Ram. Also if apple CarPlay is something you enjoy it’s cut in half on that giant screen in the Chevy/GMC trucks because GM is fading it out.
Thanks for the comments they might settle me down a little. And yes I love apple car play so thanks for that info. GM is screwing up getting rid of that if they do, everyone I know has an apple devise and uses car play.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Interesting to hear from someone that likes the grill and the truck, less problems. I just can't get used to it but obviously a lot of folks like it. Just seems so massive - have only seen them on the road, read some road tests and built one on the website. When they come up behind me they look like they could bulldoze me off the road ha ha. Part of that flavor I guess. I like the rest of the look of the truck but do think the RAM has features no one else has. Before I complain I should actually look at one in the lot but hoping RAM comes through on the Limited by end of month.
Agree the grill is the biggest turn off on the Denali I like chrome but that is just too much .

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, I don't like the GMC Grill's. The grill looks cartoonish to me the way it continues into the hood. I actually perfer the Chevy where the grill cuts up at the top of the headlights as it should.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
yeah, they have an ugly front end I do agree. but I have to have a truck to pull the boat by the second week of July for vacation up north. that means the ram would have to show up no later than July 4th to get everything done. My dealer won't commit to giving me a truck to pull with out of state, yet anyway.
this whole thing has been a mess this time, I did know they weren't going to start building the rams till February, but I didn't expect them to spend 2 plus months building dealer stock before sold units. and I didn't expect them not to really start building limited models until almost 3 months after production started.
You'd want a little time for break-in, too. Not sure you want to be towing something on a long trip right off the lot. just a thought.....

pensfan

Reaction score
I've looked at about 5 of the local dealers sites to see what '25's they have in stock. Most have a few in stock and a lot in transit. Seems like 95% of the Big Horns have the 3.6. Wait till people start coming into the dealers and see that engine instead of the Hemi. The big incentives will be coming on those. That engine is awful in these trucks. I had a 3.6 in a '14. Got rid of it for many reasons after 18 months.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I've looked at about 5 of the local dealers sites to see what '25's they have in stock. Most have a few in stock and a lot in transit. Seems like 95% of the Big Horns have the 3.6. Wait till people start coming into the dealers and see that engine instead of the Hemi. The big incentives will be coming on those. That engine is awful in these trucks. I had a 3.6 in a '14. Got rid of it for many reasons after 18 months.
stopped by mine when I was in town yesterday he got a 25 laramie in. it looks really nice in my opinion. silver with the color bumper package.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
its just a bass boat weighs a little ess than 4,000 pounds, but yeah you have a good point.
Lots of discussion in other areas about this, so it's up to you. But here's something buried in the 2025 manual:

1715010448713.png

lonepeak

Reaction score
If we can't order till end May due to Equipment A held up that will be a really tight schedule to get the truck in one month. I'm hoping.

dcchris311

Reaction score
Some of the RHO orders are getting VINs already and that bank just opened up. Those that are getting Vins don't have the Level 1 group though. There must be a parts issue.

Last edited:

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
going to be pissed if someone gets an RHO that was just released a week ago before I get mine that was ordered in January. just saying Nail hammer coffin.
yes, I am whining.

lonepeak

Reaction score
This equipment A group problem better be solved soon, if that is in fact what it is.

PetePA

Reaction score
All these posts are intriguing me... I was googling Stellantis parts issues, but nothing popped up that seems to be relevant to Group A!

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
This equipment A group problem better be solved soon, if that is in fact what it is.
i think it's the damned steering wheel for the active drive assist that's the issue. I can't believe they would allow ordering of a feature they didn't have the parts for. pull it out of level A and make it a separate option and move on with building them, most of us could care less about that anyway. hell if it was seperate option I wouldnt even have ordered it

lonepeak

Reaction score
Yeah leave it out but it's probably connected to part B which is connect to part C which is . . . . . . . . making the entire group A unavailable.

Users who are viewing this thread