5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
lol I tend to keep cars for at least 7 years. This thing has enough tech to hold me over for 10-15.
true, I have been on a 3-year rotation for years but I am nearing retirement and I wanted something I have never had before and fairly luxurious but still a truck to try out and see how I like it and pull the boat with.
if this one work out good I may buy it out at the end for retirement because I am going to retire early with 40 years in. I will probably rotate every 6 or 7 years in retirement it just depends at this point.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
true, I have been on a 3-year rotation for years but I am nearing retirement and I wanted something I have never had before and fairly luxurious but still a truck to try out and see how I like it and pull the boat with.
if this one work out good I may buy it out at the end for retirement because I am going to retire early with 40 years in. I will probably rotate every 6 or 7 years in retirement it just depends at this point.
If my old Jeep had Apple car play I probably would still have it lol. But after recently buying a house I found that a truck is more practical instead of borrowing one from family whenever I need to do a project.

jonusko

Reaction score
I really appreciate you folks filling the rest of us in on your findings. I understand that it's not exactly fact, but it's super satiating nonetheless.
I was losing hope, but they did build my Laramie, and today it has a window sticker. It has everything I ordered. I did not get the hands-off driving option, but it has the active driving assist. So it does have the parts that are in short supply. They are building them, just not as fast as we want. I believe that once a truck goes into the scheduled state, all the parts to build the truck are available.

PetePA

Reaction score
Here are some updated charts. Some comments:

-Rebel continues to slowly increase in % product mix being produced
-Laramie is increasing and big horn is decreasing which is the opposite trend from the last couple of weeks
-Lone Star is ticking down
-Tradesman is ticking up slightly
-Limited is up to 17 from 9 total in production!

-2024s are selling at a rate of only 218 trucks per day based on the data that I have. This is for the whole country.
-2024 Big Horn seems to be selling the best

Attachments

• Trim.JPG
    Trim.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Year.JPG
    Year.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 2024.JPG
    2024.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 12

lonepeak

Reaction score
Thanks for running these statistics. Several things I don't understand. When you say 17 Limiteds does that mean they only programmed 17 off of one of the production lines. It seems they would run an entire batch at one time. Also wonder if those include the A equipment group since my dealer said his info was the Limiteds and I suppose Tungstens were being held up due to a lack of "hands free" components in the A group. Also when running a search I see a number of Limiteds with VINs assigned to dealers but holding in "build" status. Maybe you can clarify this as it seems from your info they are producing some Limiteds but 17 total doesn't make sense to me. And one would think most would include the A group as those items really make the Limited what it is. Without it would be a very basic truck. Thanks

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Thanks for running these statistics. Several things I don't understand. When you say 17 Limiteds does that mean they only programmed 17 off of one of the production lines. It seems they would run an entire batch at one time. Also wonder if those include the A equipment group since my dealer said his info was the Limiteds and I suppose Tungstens were being held up due to a lack of "hands free" components in the A group. Also when running a search I see a number of Limiteds with VINs assigned to dealers but holding in "build" status. Maybe you can clarify this as it seems from your info they are producing some Limiteds but 17 total doesn't make sense to me. And one would think most would include the A group as those items really make the Limited what it is. Without it would be a very basic truck. Thanks
I looked today as I am stuck at work and of the 17 limited, I found none with level A. it looked like all the other option packages were being built though on various trucks of the 17.
I also looked through the long horns and found no level A in those either. I am curious as to why they are building more Limited Longhorns than just Limited's though.

On another note I started cleaning out my Silverado this afternoon getting ready to turn it in on Wednesday. I hope they give me something decent to drive or I am not going to be happy. who would have thought that the new truck wouldn't be here by now ordered in January. I also played around looking at Denali's for worst case scenario, there are a few close by I could live with if need be but not really what I want.

PetePA

Reaction score
All my data is directly from the ram website. The titles of the graphs clarify what I'm pulling. Hopefully that helps!

PetePA

Reaction score
I looked today as I am stuck at work and of the 17 limited, I found none with level A. it looked like all the other option packages were being built though on various trucks of the 17.
I also looked through the long horns and found no level A in those either. I am curious as to why they are building more Limited Longhorns than just Limited's though.

On another note I started cleaning out my Silverado this afternoon getting ready to turn it in on Wednesday. I hope they give me something decent to drive or I am not going to be happy. who would have thought that the new truck wouldn't be here by now ordered in January. I also played around looking at Denali's for worst case scenario, there are a few close by I could live with if need be but not really what I want.
Don't do it! That Denali grill is ugly asf lol

lonepeak

Reaction score
No A group explains a lot and is consistent with what I heard. Yeah, I've entertained the Denali idea also but I'm giving it till end of May.

PetePA

Reaction score
No A group explains a lot and is consistent with what I heard. Yeah, I've entertained the Denali idea also but I'm giving it till end of May.
Just my humble opinion, but please make sure you're not gonna regret it. That Denali grill is atrocious IMHO. I know it sells okay, but you might be happier for longer if you just wait a little more.

I suspect they'll start pumping them out June and delivering July based on everything I've seen and heard.

PetePA

Reaction score
That has kept me away from it so far. Even the Tundra grill is better looking.
Lol yeah it's like a ram with big *** chrome braces. Alright I'm gonna stop posting I've had a few ****tails this rainy Saturday 😂

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Just my humble opinion, but please make sure you're not gonna regret it. That Denali grill is atrocious IMHO. I know it sells okay, but you might be happier for longer if you just wait a little more.

I suspect they'll start pumping them out June and delivering July based on everything I've seen and heard.
yeah, they have an ugly front end I do agree. but I have to have a truck to pull the boat by the second week of July for vacation up north. that means the ram would have to show up no later than July 4th to get everything done. My dealer won't commit to giving me a truck to pull with out of state, yet anyway.
this whole thing has been a mess this time, I did know they weren't going to start building the rams till February, but I didn't expect them to spend 2 plus months building dealer stock before sold units. and I didn't expect them not to really start building limited models until almost 3 months after production started.

PetePA

Reaction score
yeah, they have an ugly front end I do agree. but I have to have a truck to pull the boat by the second week of July for vacation up north. that means the ram would have to show up no later than July 4th to get everything done. My dealer won't commit to giving me a truck to pull with out of state, yet anyway.
this whole thing has been a mess this time, I did know they weren't going to start building the rams till February, but I didn't expect them to spend 2 plus months building dealer stock before sold units. and I didn't expect them not to really start building limited models until almost 3 months after production started.
I'm in same situation but imma schedule my trip for 2nd week of September. If I don't have the truck I'll just use my wife's car tho... But she'll be pissed. It doesn't have issues towing, she just doesn't like me using it especially for several hundred miles.

You could probably call around and get a rental to tow. Won't be nearly as nice, but at least you won't have to deal with the Denali grill permanently.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I'm in same situation but imma schedule my trip for 2nd week of September. If I don't have the truck I'll just use my wife's car tho... But she'll be pissed. It doesn't have issues towing, she just doesn't like me using it especially for several hundred miles.

You could probably call around and get a rental to tow. Won't be nearly as nice, but at least you won't have to deal with the Denali grill permanently.
I didn't think the rental companies would let you use them to tow with, I might have to check into that now. thanks for the suggestion.
I really want the Ram. I can't change vaca. date its booked years in advance we have a rotating reservation for our cabin and its near impossible to get another date where we go. I am hoping to buy a lake home up there for Retirment and spend summers up there. been looking but haven't found anything just yet.

dammitbobby

Reaction score

Loved the interior of the Denali, but I also loved the look of it grill and all. Mine just so happened to be a lemon which is why I’m here lol. The only problem with the Denali vs the Limited is that I feel like you get more for your money with Ram. Also if apple CarPlay is something you enjoy it’s cut in half on that giant screen in the Chevy/GMC trucks because GM is fading it out.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Interesting to hear from someone that likes the grill and the truck, less problems. I just can't get used to it but obviously a lot of folks like it. Just seems so massive - have only seen them on the road, read some road tests and built one on the website. When they come up behind me they look like they could bulldoze me off the road ha ha. Part of that flavor I guess. I like the rest of the look of the truck but do think the RAM has features no one else has. Before I complain I should actually look at one in the lot but hoping RAM comes through on the Limited by end of month.

Users who are viewing this thread