5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

Ramboy13

Reaction score
I think Anthony from Mark Dodge said it's a wheel sourcing issue (at least for the Tungsten). Just a quick Google search shows a couple of different issues Stellantis is having with vendors. There's a potential picket/walk-out coming next week. There's another that makes gears, etc. (for Ram among others) that is having a spat with Stellantis. So there are a lot of moving parts.

I'll still hope for ordering to open up later this month. This whole thing is taking way longer than I thought. I thought I'd have a truck by early summer. I'll be lucky to have it by end of summer.

Last edited:

lonepeak

Reaction score
Sourcing would explain a lot. A myriad of issues so hope they get if figured out. Hope there isn't a mad rush for assembly and then quality issues but I have faith in the final product we've all waited so long for.

PetePA

Reaction score
I really appreciate you folks filling the rest of us in on your findings. I understand that it's not exactly fact, but it's super satiating nonetheless.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Very disappointed, this is by far in all the years I have ordered trucks including 2020 that my truck has taken this long to arrive. If true this may make it so it’s not here by vacation time and that will really torque me off. Just talk to us hell I don’t care about that self driving crap anyway. They can build mine without it. All they have to do is ask and offer an additional discount for missing equipment. In all seriousness for some of us they should be notifying us as to what the problems are we are pushing 5 months with out so much as a word and no scheduling. Hey have our contact info. To me this is bad customer relations and a sure way to push sales away. If I did this at work I would be out of a job.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
I really appreciate you folks filling the rest of us in on your findings. I understand that it's not exactly fact, but it's super satiating nonetheless.
We gotta stick together!

PetePA

Reaction score
Very disappointed, this is by far in all the years I have ordered trucks including 2020 that my truck has taken this long to arrive. If true this may make it so it’s not here by vacation time and that will really torque me off. Just talk to us hell I don’t care about that self driving crap anyway. They can build mine without it. All they have to do is ask and offer an additional discount for missing equipment. In all seriousness for some of us they should be notifying us as to what the problems are we are pushing 5 months with out so much as a word and no scheduling. Hey have our contact info. To me this is bad customer relations and a sure way to push sales away. If I did this at work I would be out of a job.
I agree to an extent.

If these were commodity products then yes, they should be keeping is informed. If they had a high level of certainty, then yes. If they weren't afraid that the market would react in a negative way to their bad news, then yes.

Unfortunately, none of this is true so I'd say the likelihood that they spill the beans is a VERY solid zero.

Reactions: Stk

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

They didn't quote a delivery time so there's nothing for you to hold them to.

Honestly with all the supply chain issues over the past few years I'm not surprised. You likely will not find anything "official" out until your truck is scheduled or built. Sucks, I know, but it is what it is. Sold/custom orders still aren't a big enough slice of the pie for the manufacturers to worry about.

It took 27 days from order to delivery on a '16 F150 I ordered and slightly longer than that on my '19 Ram (they had been building them a few months and had restrictions in place, but not on anything I ordered).

5+ months, you're better than me! I'd be bouncing to GM or Ford...

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I agree to an extent.

If these were commodity products then yes, they should be keeping is informed. If they had a high level of certainty, then yes. If they weren't afraid that the market would react in a negative way to their bad news, then yes.

Unfortunately, none of this is true so I'd say the likelihood that they spill the beans is a VERY solid zero.
I understand, I work in the commodities sector. I’m just very frustrated at this point. I’m working long hours right now and the crankiness is starting to come out. Lol

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
They didn't quote a delivery time so there's nothing for you to hold them to.

Honestly with all the supply chain issues over the past few years I'm not surprised. You likely will not find anything "official" out until your truck is scheduled or built. Sucks, I know, but it is what it is. Sold/custom orders still aren't a big enough slice of the pie for the manufacturers to worry about.

It took 27 days from order to delivery on a '16 F150 I ordered and slightly longer than that on my '19 Ram (they had been building them a few months and had restrictions in place, but not on anything I ordered).

5+ months, you're better than me! I'd be bouncing to GM or Ford...
I don’t have a good GM dealer close to me any longer the remaining 2 are crooks. I haven’t had a ford in over 30 years. If Toyota hadn’t ruined the look of their truck I would be considering bouncing that way for sure. But I hate the bloated fenders on the new ones. That leaves the Denalis even though I hate the grill and the closest GMC dealer is 30 miles from me. I really want to try the Ram I haven’t been this anxious for a new truck in years.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I’d almost be find without the self driving if they took money off the truck, if it’s anything like gm super cruise they give it to you for a trial period and then have to pay a subscription to access it past that so no thank you.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
I don’t have a good GM dealer close to me any longer the remaining 2 are crooks. I haven’t had a ford in over 30 years. If Toyota hadn’t ruined the look of their truck I would be considering bouncing that way for sure. But I hate the bloated fenders on the new ones. That leaves the Denalis even though I hate the grill and the closest GMC dealer is 30 miles from me. I really want to try the Ram I haven’t been this anxious for a new truck in years.
I'm right there with you. We all have our peculiarities.... and some other brand might be good enough for some of us. I think the Denali comes closest for me. Pros and cons, of course. Obviously the new Ram won out for me, and it wasn't even close. Having to go to second choice just sucks. But I'm not going to wait a total of 8-9 months or more.
Maybe we can start discussing the good, bad, and ugly of the options - like the Denali.......

PetePA

Reaction score
I’d almost be find without the self driving if they took money off the truck, if it’s anything like gm super cruise they give it to you for a trial period and then have to pay a subscription to access it past that so no thank you.
Yup I recall seeing that you do need a subscription 🤦😂

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I *think* you get a subscription for three years. What it is after that, who knows? Leg, arm... maybe first born.....
For GM currently it’s about $30 a month for OnStar which includes super cruise in three years it will probably creep closer to $40 at least. Hard pass lol.

lonepeak

Reaction score
The way all this is going In 3 years from purchase your RAM truck will require a subscription to keep the heat, AC, power windows and power seats to continue running. I'm a driver I don't want no f***ing hands free. We are slowly being squeezed into submission of accepting fewer choices.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
For GM currently it’s about $30 a month for OnStar which includes super cruise in three years it will probably creep closer to $40 at least. Hard pass lol.
We have had 2 onstar equipped autos for the last 15 years at least. We have not subscribed even once. I hate subscriptions to something I paid for in the price of the auto. So I won’t feed the greed.

Last edited:

PetePA

Reaction score
The way all this is going In 3 years from purchase your RAM truck will require a subscription to keep the heat, AC, power windows and power seats to continue running. I'm a driver I don't want no f***ing hands free. We are slowly being squeezed into submission of accepting fewer choices.
All good, it will be 2027 before you get your truck and by the time it expires it will be 2029 and a robot will be driving it for you

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I *think* you get a subscription for three years. What it is after that, who knows? Leg, arm... maybe first born.....
How many guys in this thread will keep their 2025 for 3+ years? It is likely not an issue...

Ramboy13

Reaction score
How many guys in this thread will keep their 2025 for 3+ years? It is likely not an issue...
Wish I was in that boat. this truck will cost close to double what my 2014 Laramie cost. Personally think the prices are insane, but it is what it is. This is my (almost) retirement gift to myself. I plan to drive it for at least 10 years.
I remember having all the UConnect stuff the first year or something, and then they wanted way too much just so I could unlock or start my truck from my phone. Cool toy, but not worth that much to me. I guess we'll see how much I use the hands-free, and if I really need the subscription after a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread