5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

dammitbobby

Reaction score
So this update is interesting. Some speculation, but I'll spell out what's fact and what's speculation.

Facts:
-Big Horn production is increasing
-Laramie production is decreasing significantly
-Rebel production is increasing, but it appears to be increasing a little slower
-We can finally see the limited longhorn on the graph, but it's still 0.2%

-Black and Delmonico are slightly decreasing with billet decreasing at a higher rate
-The rebel colors are not a high %, but you can see them increasing on the graph slightly

-You can't see it, but total quantity is increasing because 2025s are increasing at a faster rate than 2024s are decreasing
-Totals for both years in the data I collected increased from 50578 to 55913 in just 2 weeks!

Speculation:
-Ram is manufacturing more trucks than they're selling so they need to slow down production
-The above being the reason for the layoff that we've seen in the news
-They're adjusting their 2025 trim production based on trims that are left in their 2024 inventory at dealerships coupled with efficiency improvements associated with minimizing changeovers (not assembling a 2 big horns, then a Laramie, then a rebel for example)
-I might start collecting trim-level data for 2024s to see if the above is true
Just for clarification are they or are they not making any vehicles in the forged blue metallic paint color at the moment? I can’t really tell from your graph.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
They are not.
Thanks for the reply… disappointing that’s the color im planning on ordering. Have they stated if its late availability or when they’re going to start producing that color?

Last edited:

PetePA

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply… disappointing that’s the color im planning on ordering. Have they stated if its late availability or when they’re going to start producing that color?
I was going to get that color too but changed my mind. I heard a variety of things with the latest being from a local dealer who said his crystal ball was telling him 3rd quarter to order. The earliest I heard was April... So who knows which is valid.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I was going to get that color too but changed my mind. I heard a variety of things with the latest being from a local dealer who said his crystal ball was telling him 3rd quarter to order. The earliest I heard was April... So who knows which is valid.
Yeah I literally just ordered right now, I went with the ivory clearcoat with the black/ebony red interior.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My guess is they want to debut the color on the Rev first and then filter it to the ICE models.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
That would be bad. that would be a very, very late availability.

jonusko

Reaction score
you are the first one here in the forumns that I have heard has had any movement of their order. congrats !!
on the flip side so much for the first ordered, first built theory. :rolleyes:
I just checked my order online a bit ago, and the status changed to "Vehicle Built" on 4/30. It still is not in either online inventory. Hopefully, it will show up at the dealer in the next few weeks.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I just checked my order online a bit ago, and the status changed to "Vehicle Built" on 4/30. It still is not in either online inventory. Hopefully, it will show up at the dealer in the next few weeks.
I. Checked mine earlier today and still said waiting to be scheduled. 😡

PetePA

Reaction score
Super interesting. I wonder if they simply don't add the made-to-order trucks to their public inventory system. It makes sense that they don't!

Maybe they're secretly building all of our Limiteds and Tungstens and just haven't told us.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Super interesting. I wonder if they simply don't add the made-to-order trucks to their public inventory system. It makes sense that they don't!

Maybe they're secretly building all of our Limiteds and Tungstens and just haven't told us.
Well I hope you’re right about that, I keep checking my dealers web site as well for trucks being built. Nothing there either. Sounds like they are supposed to send you emails when a status changes and so haven’t received anything more than the first one.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Just got a call from a dealer I stopped at in my area yesterday and he said he could order a Limited Longhorn with A group, bed group, brake controller and have it in 8-10 weeks. I said how do you know that and he said his manager who has been there 43 years told him that. Later this week I will check with the dealer I've done business with before and see what his latest word is. If true that would get it here by middle of July. We'll see.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Doubtful. The truck isn't "sold" or "yours" until it's paid in full, although your name should be on the window sticker.

It'll likely appear in the dealers online inventory soon.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Just got a call from a dealer I stopped at in my area yesterday and he said he could order a Limited Longhorn with A group, bed group, brake controller and have it in 8-10 weeks. I said how do you know that and he said his manager who has been there 43 years told him that. Later this week I will check with the dealer I've done business with before and see what his latest word is. If true that would get it here by middle of July. We'll see.
Well that’s interesting. That would mean those of us waiting since dec and Jan should see ours in June then. I find it hard to believe since it’s may 1 and the stupid thing isn’t even scheduled yet.

dcchris311

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, would the dealer get it sooner because only those options were ordered? Would it take longer if you were to add more options?

lonepeak

Reaction score
A good question I can't answer. I think when trucks come off the line for accessories they divert to the custom shop so if accessories are available I wouldn't think they'd take much longer. Maybe if fully loaded. Availability may the bigger issue.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
A good question I can't answer. I think when trucks come off the line for accessories they divert to the custom shop so if accessories are available I wouldn't think they'd take much longer. Maybe if fully loaded. Availability may the bigger issue.
I seen yesterday on a mopar parts site that the skid plates for the 2025 are available to order and in stock so I would not think the ORG would hold anything up as the rest of it is software and cosmetic. and I seen other limiteds that have been built that have the tow group already.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Not sure which thread to post this but got some new word from my dealer. He is the manager and called his Rep. The rep did some checking and here we go. The reason Limiteds not shipping according to the rep and someone even higher than him is that there is supply chain issue with the hands free driving which is part of the equipment A group which almost all would want to include. The person believed it would be end of month or early June before resolved and then can begin shipping upper trims. My dealer said could probably do an order by end of month. Who knows, we can hope for an earlier resolution but if this is true and an order takes 2-3 months that would put it into August perhaps.

Users who are viewing this thread