5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Here are some updated graphs.

If you want to see something in addition to this, please let me know.

Here are some highlights:
-Rebel % continues to creep up.
-Laramie % had dropped but looks to be holding steady at 31%.
-You can't really see it in the graph, but there are a total of 29 Limited shown with the big jump happening in the last couple of days

-The color chart is boring. Nothing happening there really... everything is holding steady.

-A couple of days ago is when 2025s finally exceeded 2024s. That doesn't mean you'll see more 2025s in the lots yet, it just means that there are more 2025s with all statuses than there are 2024s.
-You can see the rate of drop of 2024s. It's a rate of 1337 2024s sold per week. That's 19 weeks or around September before the 2024s are gone... if the current rate of sale stays the same. It may go down considering the dealerships will be getting more 2025s.
Hey Pete - this is awesome. It's what I'd call dedication!!
I can't see the colors too well on my screen - what percentage is the FBM? I didn't think that was even available yet.

PetePA

Reaction score
Hey Pete - this is awesome. It's what I'd call dedication!!
I can't see the colors too well on my screen - what percentage is the FBM? I didn't think that was even available yet.
0%, unfortunately

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
There's going to be a large increase in HO trims towards the end of April/early May.
Please don't tease us. :) That's the first bit of good news I have heard in weeks, I hope mine and everyone here waiting for scheduling on their Limited's gets picked up sooner than later. I got my final letter to turn in my chevy yesterday by May 13, and to call my dealer and pick out a new chevy so it's ready. LOL,
gm did offer me 2,000 lease loyalty, that's the best offer from the GM financing arm yet.
I haven't seen a tungsten hit anywhere yet in the nation on the search tool unfortunately for the guys waiting on those.

jonusko

Reaction score
The status of my Laramie Level 2 / Adv Safety / Tow / ORP / Night changed to "In Production" last night. The estimated delivery date is 7/1/2024. I am on the West Coast and was told they come by ship. That may be the reason for the long transfer time. This truck was ordered in early March. My original order was placed in January, and I wanted the bed utility added, so a new order was placed weeks later because of an ordering issue. The dealer did not cancel the original because he wanted it. It has not gone into production even though it was ordered two months earlier and is basically identical.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I had a little extra time so called the RAM customer service number to ask when the '25 1500 Limited would ship. The woman said just a minute I'll check on that. Shortly after that the customer satisfaction survey started playing. I let it go for several rounds and finally it said thank you for completing the survey and disconnected. Now I didn't expect a helpful answer but you never know. That call would have gotten a 1 out of 10. Disappointing call and another reason RAM service keeps me dissatisfied and looking at other vehicles. A straight answer is all we're looking for even if it's "I don't know".

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
The status of my Laramie Level 2 / Adv Safety / Tow / ORP / Night changed to "In Production" last night. The estimated delivery date is 7/1/2024. I am on the West Coast and was told they come by ship. That may be the reason for the long transfer time. This truck was ordered in early March. My original order was placed in January, and I wanted the bed utility added, so a new order was placed weeks later because of an ordering issue. The dealer did not cancel the original because he wanted it. It has not gone into production even though it was ordered two months earlier and is basically identical.
you are the first one here in the forumns that I have heard has had any movement of their order. congrats !!
on the flip side so much for the first ordered, first built theory. :rolleyes:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

If you're on the west coast of the US, your truck will be transported via rail.

jonusko

Reaction score
If you're on the west coast of the US, your truck will be transported via rail.
I honestly don't trust anything a salesman says, but he did say they come in through a port in CA. I didn't question him at the time, but I'll follow up on it now that there is an estimated delivery date. It seems crazy that they would not use rail. I guess it is possible that the rail destination happens to be at a port.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I honestly don't trust anything a salesman says, but he did say they come in through a port in CA. I didn't question him at the time, but I'll follow up on it now that there is an estimated delivery date. It seems crazy that they would not use rail. I guess it is possible that the rail destination happens to be at a port.
the rail yard is most likely part of the port. I seen one just like that in San Diego. they would receive autos by rail and pack them on a ship then for places like Hawaii as an example. they had about 5 acres with nothing, but new autos parked there.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for doing this !!! Was at my dealer today to figure out my current GM lease turn in plan in case my Ram doesn’t come in and mentioned the rumored plant shutdown for may. He told me he had not heard a single word to that effect. He also checked my order on his system why I was there and he showed me it is sitting in tentative scheduled but no other info than that he thought that was where it’s been since the order was confirmed but could not say for sure. They got one of there tradesman’s in last week but sent it to its new owner already.
SHAP has a scheduled downtime 5/20-6/3 estimated.
It was announced in our allocation/supply call 2x in a row (April & March) and maybe before that.
This is not top secret, but wouldn't be available info for a salesperson at the ready.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
For reference all CDJR vehicles going to Mark Dodge go to Port Allen, Louisiana. By rail. (I shouldn't say all, I should say 99%)

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
SHAP has a scheduled downtime 5/20-6/3 estimated.
It was announced in our allocation/supply call 2x in a row (April & March) and maybe before that.
This is not top secret, but wouldn't be available info for a salesperson at the ready.
Thanks Anthony,
I hope mine hits production before the shutdown. Looks like I am going to be without wheels for a little bit before this thing comes in. Even if it would be built by 1st week of may it would probably take 3 weeks to go the 100 or so miles to my dealer. I’m trying to stay optimistic. My main concern is it’s here before the end of June or I am going to be very disappointed. Leave for Wisconsin 7-5 and need to tow boat.

PetePA

Reaction score
Thanks Anthony,
I hope mine hits production before the shutdown. Looks like I am going to be without wheels for a little bit before this thing comes in. Even if it would be built by 1st week of may it would probably take 3 weeks to go the 100 or so miles to my dealer. I’m trying to stay optimistic. My main concern is it’s here before the end of June or I am going to be very disappointed. Leave for Wisconsin 7-5 and need to tow boat.
I'm checking... Every. Damn. Day. But I realize it will be amazing if the Tungsten hits the dealer by mid-July. Probably more realistic August-September (hopefully). For what it's worth, your Limited will probably arrive 2 months before my Tungsten!!!

PetePA

Reaction score
Here are today's charts. I changed colors around on the "Color" chart to match. For example, Delmonico Red is the dark red and Flame Red is the lighter red.

Highlights:
-Laramie continues to decline while Rebel continues to grow.
-Limited and Limited Longhorn had another bump... they're at 38 total but still not enough to show up in the chart.

-Nothing too interesting in the color chart. Slight shifts, but that's it.

-2024s continue to sell, although at a very slightly reduced rate.

Attachments

• Trim.JPG
    Trim.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Color.JPG
    Color.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Year.JPG
    Year.JPG
    26 KB · Views: 21

dcchris311

Reaction score
There are now 53 HO trucks being built. I still don't see any trucks being built with the 14.4" screen.

PetePA

Reaction score
So this update is interesting. Some speculation, but I'll spell out what's fact and what's speculation.

Facts:
-Big Horn production is increasing
-Laramie production is decreasing significantly
-Rebel production is increasing, but it appears to be increasing a little slower
-We can finally see the limited longhorn on the graph, but it's still 0.2%

-Black and Delmonico are slightly decreasing with billet decreasing at a higher rate
-The rebel colors are not a high %, but you can see them increasing on the graph slightly

-You can't see it, but total quantity is increasing because 2025s are increasing at a faster rate than 2024s are decreasing
-Totals for both years in the data I collected increased from 50578 to 55913 in just 2 weeks!

Speculation:
-Ram is manufacturing more trucks than they're selling so they need to slow down production
-The above being the reason for the layoff that we've seen in the news
-They're adjusting their 2025 trim production based on trims that are left in their 2024 inventory at dealerships coupled with efficiency improvements associated with minimizing changeovers (not assembling a 2 big horns, then a Laramie, then a rebel for example)
-I might start collecting trim-level data for 2024s to see if the above is true

Attachments

• Trim.JPG
    Trim.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Color.JPG
    Color.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Year.JPG
    Year.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 12

pensfan

Reaction score
The dealer about 2 miles from me received their first '25 Rams last week and got more this week.
They are already advertising $6000 off the Big Horn and $5500 off of the Laramie. The Big Horns I saw had a sticker of 60K, so already 10% off. I would not be surprised if in a couple months we see 15 to 20% off.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
So this update is interesting. Some speculation, but I'll spell out what's fact and what's speculation.

Facts:
-Big Horn production is increasing
-Laramie production is decreasing significantly
-Rebel production is increasing, but it appears to be increasing a little slower
-We can finally see the limited longhorn on the graph, but it's still 0.2%

-Black and Delmonico are slightly decreasing with billet decreasing at a higher rate
-The rebel colors are not a high %, but you can see them increasing on the graph slightly

-You can't see it, but total quantity is increasing because 2025s are increasing at a faster rate than 2024s are decreasing
-Totals for both years in the data I collected increased from 50578 to 55913 in just 2 weeks!

Speculation:
-Ram is manufacturing more trucks than they're selling so they need to slow down production
-The above being the reason for the layoff that we've seen in the news
-They're adjusting their 2025 trim production based on trims that are left in their 2024 inventory at dealerships coupled with efficiency improvements associated with minimizing changeovers (not assembling a 2 big horns, then a Laramie, then a rebel for example)
-I might start collecting trim-level data for 2024s to see if the above is true
Thanks for the info! If they are truely worried about total numbers of trucks you would think they would move away from dealer stock and start putting out 2025s that are ordered retail sold. Why flood the dealers with 50,000 big horns that will sit longer than if they built the trucks they have sold and they move off the order banks and aren’t on the lots more than a week. Thats efficiency and high ROI.

Users who are viewing this thread