5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

PetePA

Reaction score
The purpose of this thread is to communicate manufacturing observations so the impatient folks (me et al) have something to do for the next few weeks... er months... until we get our fix. Data updated as of 4/5/2024 is attached. I'll make subsequent posts, or update this post, as future updates come in.

This only includes proportional charts of what Ram lists on their website as "in transit" or "being built". My thought behind this is that excluding what's "on dealer lot" will eliminate the noise of any inventory builds at dealers and better illustrate what Ram is doing at their plant. Take it or leave it, it's the best that I could come up with. Suggestions are welcomed!

On the trim front, the only thing mildly interesting is that Ram appears to be slightly increasing the Rebels they're producing.

On the color front, black diamond and billet are slightly decreasing while bright white and hydro (go figure?) are increasing.

Attachments

• Trim.JPG
    Trim.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 73
  • Color.JPG
    Color.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 73

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
The purpose of this thread is to communicate manufacturing observations so the impatient folks (me et al) have something to do for the next few weeks... er months... until we get our fix. Data updated as of 4/5/2024 is attached. I'll make subsequent posts, or update this post, as future updates come in.

This only includes proportional charts of what Ram lists on their website as "in transit" or "being built". My thought behind this is that excluding what's "on dealer lot" will eliminate the noise of any inventory builds at dealers and better illustrate what Ram is doing at their plant. Take it or leave it, it's the best that I could come up with. Suggestions are welcomed!

On the trim front, the only thing mildly interesting is that Ram appears to be slightly increasing the Rebels they're producing.

On the color front, black diamond and billet are slightly decreasing while bright white and hydro (go figure?) are increasing.
Thanks for doing this !!! Was at my dealer today to figure out my current GM lease turn in plan in case my Ram doesn’t come in and mentioned the rumored plant shutdown for may. He told me he had not heard a single word to that effect. He also checked my order on his system why I was there and he showed me it is sitting in tentative scheduled but no other info than that he thought that was where it’s been since the order was confirmed but could not say for sure. They got one of there tradesman’s in last week but sent it to its new owner already.

PetePA

Reaction score
Nothing too interesting other than the proportion of Rebel trim is creeping up while Laramie is creeping down slightly.

The color front is even more boring. Billet is creeping down very slightly while Hydro and Delmonico Red are creeping up slightly.

Most interesting is that our favorite color based on the poll, Flame Red, is holding steady at 4% of their production.

Attachments

• Trim.JPG
    Trim.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Color.JPG
    Color.JPG
    44.1 KB · Views: 26

dcchris311

Reaction score
I have a HUNCH that will soon change in the coming month.

PetePA

Reaction score
I have a HUNCH that will soon change in the coming month.
Hey, so I see your build and that you have the onboard power system. Off topic for this thread, but does that get you additional 110v outlets or just more peak power?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, so I see your build and that you have the onboard power system. Off topic for this thread, but does that get you additional 110v outlets or just more peak power?
It puts two outlets in the bed of the truck I believe that will allow 2KWh max. I think it also has an on and off switch in the bed and in the cab to enable or disable it.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I noticed that the truck numbers keep growing and there are 3 more (11 total) HO engines being built.

I am so bored waiting I might be losing my mind. Lol

PetePA

Reaction score
Normally I'll wait a few days between updates, but today was interesting. Rebel production jumped by 150. It's not a huge jump numbers wise, but the proportion of rebels noticeably increased. Looks like they're keeping roughly the same rate overall and reducing the number of Laramies.

Also, I'm going to start tracking 2024 inventory vs. 2025 inventory. There have been comments about tons of 2024s left in certain areas but very few in others. Thought it would be interesting. Give it a few days for data to collect.

Attachments

• Trim.JPG
    Trim.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Color.JPG
    Color.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 24

PetePA

Reaction score
Seeing a small surge in limited longhorn production. Lazy tonight, will post the data in a day or so. Also, 2025s on the dealer lots plus in production have finally exceeded the 2024s.

lonepeak

Reaction score
National search shows Limiteds and Limited Longhorns in "being built" mode with a VIN and assigned to a specific dealer. Have seen this for awhile and wonder why none have showed up in dealer lots. Aren't they built on the line in a day or two and then ready to ship after inspection. Seems they are holding them for some reason and that if you ordered today you would get a VIN after a while but I'm not hearing anyone with a Limited preorder saying they have a VIN yet, only showing a C or D order code. Maybe dealers are ahead of the line for those with custom orders.

HowDoYouTruck

Reaction score
National search shows Limiteds and Limited Longhorns in "being built" mode with a VIN and assigned to a specific dealer. Have seen this for awhile and wonder why none have showed up in dealer lots. Aren't they built on the line in a day or two and then ready to ship after inspection. Seems they are holding them for some reason and that if you ordered today you would get a VIN after a while but I'm not hearing anyone with a Limited preorder saying they have a VIN yet, only showing a C or D order code. Maybe dealers are ahead of the line for those with custom orders.

We put our custom order in for a Limited on 4/13 and no VIN yet but I don't expect it to move that quickly. I'm not sure how the queue works and who gets preference.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Did your dealer indicate any opinions on when a VIN might be issued or production might start? By all accounts so far it will be awhile, maybe a long while. You're the first I've heard of for a recent Limited order so curious what dealer said.

HowDoYouTruck

Reaction score
Did your dealer indicate any opinions on when a VIN might be issued or production might start? By all accounts so far it will be awhile, maybe a long while. You're the first I've heard of for a recent Limited order so curious what dealer said.
He (Sales Mgr) said that no word had been given to them about production time estimates or when we might see a VIN. With the model year being so new, the dealer had very little information and they had none on the lot. We're just hoping for the best at this point but preparing ourselves for a 2-3 month wait.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I'd be more than happy with that. I'm still waiting to see more production in the Limited before I order, not that that will make a difference. You're right about the model year, we're all a little over anxious as new vehicle years I've gotten in the past were not even shown until 3rd quarter let alone ship. But RAM has stopped production on '24s so maybe they've over promised on availably of upper '25 trims.

HowDoYouTruck

Reaction score
I hope they get it sorted sooner rather than later. We initially wanted the Laramie but it wasn't available in the color and options we wanted, so that pushed us up to the Limited. I'm sure this was by design, and if so one would think that those upsold orders would get preferential treatment. Time will tell...

PetePA

Reaction score
We put our custom order in for a Limited on 4/13 and no VIN yet but I don't expect it to move that quickly. I'm not sure how the queue works and who gets preference.
I put an order in for my Tungsten on the same day... 4/13. The salesperson is an older guy - super sharp. He's been selling at the same dealership for decades. He said 3 months. I looked at him and said, "I was hoping 4 months". He said that there's really no way to know, but he'd guess 3 or between 3-4 months.

If you ordered a Limited, I'm sure you'll get it before that because they're actually in production. I'm just hoping to get my Tungsten in time for fall fishing!

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I've had a limited ordered since Jan. 22, 2024 and still no VIN

PetePA

Reaction score
Here are some updated graphs.

If you want to see something in addition to this, please let me know.

Here are some highlights:
-Rebel % continues to creep up.
-Laramie % had dropped but looks to be holding steady at 31%.
-You can't really see it in the graph, but there are a total of 29 Limited shown with the big jump happening in the last couple of days

-The color chart is boring. Nothing happening there really... everything is holding steady.

-A couple of days ago is when 2025s finally exceeded 2024s. That doesn't mean you'll see more 2025s in the lots yet, it just means that there are more 2025s with all statuses than there are 2024s.
-You can see the rate of drop of 2024s. It's a rate of 1337 2024s sold per week. That's 19 weeks or around September before the 2024s are gone... if the current rate of sale stays the same. It may go down considering the dealerships will be getting more 2025s.

Attachments

• Color.JPG
    Color.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Trim.JPG
    Trim.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Year.JPG
    Year.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 14

dcchris311

Reaction score
There's going to be a large increase in HO trims towards the end of April/early May.

Users who are viewing this thread