5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Hurricane option.

MT755

Reaction score
I don't understand the logic of not offering the standard output in the limited and tungsten. I would think that many would prefer this option. Especially for those that don't tow, don't need that much acceleration or want the increased fuel economy. It would also be beneficial to Stelantis because it would bring up their cafe average. Maybe they are doing it this way for year one and the SO will be available in the upper trims for 26.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed. I currently have a Limited, but would not have purchased it if it had an engine that required premium fuel.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea and the SO version actually has a higher tow rating.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I’m guessing they only did it because the Laramie fully loaded is almost as much as the limited so they had to offer something in the limited and tungsten models that wasn’t offered in the lower trims to give you more “value”.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yea, sometimes to will offer it in a lower trims at a later date. Example GM started offering the 6.2 in in thier mid level RST Silverado after a couple years.

MT755

Reaction score
What's offered on the limited that's not offered on the laramie?

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Dont need to, thats your choice 🤷‍♂️ 🍿

I guess it's your choice to ignore factory maintenance requirements as well but it's probably not a good idea. The factory requires premium fuel in the HO engine.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
What's offered on the limited that's not offered on the laramie?
From just briefly looking, it looks like besides the HO engine, a rear locking differential, massage seats, and some led lights. But also you can only get ram boxes in certain colors in the Laramie. I’m sure the list goes on with little things here and there if you really looked to compare them.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yea and the SO version actually has a higher tow rating.
I don't think the tow rating is directly linked to the engine itself. But the fact that the trimmlevels the HO is offered in weight more due to added standard features. Much like how the limited with a Hemi has a lower rating than a Bighorn with a Hemi

MT755

Reaction score
I guess it's your choice to ignore factory maintenance requirements as well but it's probably not a good idea. The factory requires premium fuel in the HO engine.
The Hurricane chief engineer said the engine will handle 87 but will need to retard the spark to keep it from knocking. He also said that this will hurt fuel economy a lot because the engine was designed for peak efficiency with 91. Power will be down too. I would think the ecu will record this event.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Hurricane chief engineer said the engine will handle 87 but will need to retard the spark to keep it from knocking. He also said that this will hurt fuel economy a lot because the engine was designed for peak efficiency with 91. Power will be down too. I would think the ecu will record this event.

Edmunds called him the chief engineer but that's not his role. Detonation knock is harmful to engine components. While a knock sensor retards timing to stop detonation knock it must first sense the detonation knock before it retards to stop it. Regardless of what this single person says, the manufacture requires 91 octane in the HO engine.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Edmunds called him the chief engineer but that's not his role. Detonation knock is harmful to engine components. While a knock sensor retards timing to stop detonation knock it must first sense the detonation knock before it retards to stop it. Regardless of what this single person says, the manufacture requires 91 octane in the HO engine.
I believe he is the chief engineer it’s not his first interview stating that the HO can run on non premium fuel either. I however, will just put premium fuel in because that what the owner’s manual says and I’m sure if it ever came down to it and 87 caused a problem they would know view the computer you weren’t running 91 octane and not cover it under warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread