5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Ram Rebel GT first used oil analysis results

stevieb92

Reaction score
I got the first used oil analysis results back from Blackstone on my 2024 Ram Rebel GT. The mileage is 1410 at the time of oil sampling. What I found interesting is the note that the viscosity is 5w-20. I'm guessing that all 5.7 hemi engines come with a factory fill of 5w-20 but they want you to change to 0w-20 per the manual? Also of note is that I installed the FilterMag at 24 miles before I left Mark Dodge dealership for the road trip home to PA.

Rebel_GT_UOA_01_1410miles.jpg

Ramboh

Reaction score
I am considering switching from 5w to 0w-20 for better cold startup oil flow. There are many misconceptions about the 0w oil weight.

spyder

Reaction score
Their ~6,000 mile mention catches my eye, as it should be only ~1,400 miles. I am not even bothering sending mine in for analysis until a couple of oil changes go by since the first one or two are always full of assembly and metal leftovers. I just changed mine last week, I'll probably send the ~20k sample in for a baseline.

stevieb92

Reaction score
Their ~6,000 mile mention catches my eye, as it should be only ~1,400 miles. I am not even bothering sending mine in for analysis until a couple of oil changes go by since the first one or two are always full of assembly and metal leftovers. I just changed mine last week, I'll probably send the ~20k sample in for a baseline.

The way I read their comments was the column titled "Universal Averages" was for other 5.7 hemi engines at the ~6,000 mile mark as a point of comparison only. Not mine. They listed mine in the column at 1,410 miles, which is correct. Maybe I'm wrong in my thinking, but it's pretty clear what the results of my oil analysis are at 1,410 miles.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The way I read their comments was the column titled "Universal Averages" was for other 5.7 hemi engines at the ~6,000 mile mark as a point of comparison only. Not mine. They listed mine in the column at 1,410 miles, which is correct. Maybe I'm wrong in my thinking, but it's pretty clear what the results of my oil analysis are at 1,410 miles.

That's correct, they use the universal averages and adjust to whatever mileage you have to compare it.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
my report did not state the viscosity.

"This is a really good report! This oil was run ~2,300 miles longer than the last sample, yet iron
and copper are much lower this time around. Whether or not the excess metal in that last oil was residual
from break-in, the improvements here make it pretty clear that the engine's mechanical parts have been
getting along well over the last 6,452 miles. The oil's physical properties look good, too, so running the next fill of oil about 8,500 miles should work well."

total miles on truck at time was 17367

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
more info here

spyder

Reaction score
Yep, second reading after coffee you're right.

Users who are viewing this thread