5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Ram purchase so very disappointed.

Deadair

Reaction score
Purchased a new 2024 Ram Rebel G/T on 2/23/24. I was so happy because I have sitting on the fence for a new truck purchase for 3 years or so. Got home and noticed one of the cargo lights was out. The next morning got an error message on the Uconnect screen “power surge on USB hub detected. Please disconnect devise.” Only problem nothing had been plugged into any of the USB ports yet. This message has come on 5 times and still nothing has been plugged in. 3/3/24 the check engine light came on.
I took the truck to my local dealer Monday morning since the dealer I bought it from is an hour and 45 minutes away. Just got a call they have to replace the third brake light assembly and the alternator. They say it is not charging and causing the check engine light and the issue with the USB message. The bad news the alternator is on back order with no ETA.

The dealer it is at now is telling me to take it back to the dealer I bought it from and make them give me a loaner. So I had the truck maybe 9 days and 200 miles and they are saying it will be down for 30-45 days at a minimum.

Just heartbroken to finally buy my dream truck and run into this.

Users who are viewing this thread