5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 "Limited" having an identity crisis

Ralph3260

Reaction score
I have been in Toyotas for over 15 years, but after driving a 2024 "Limited" 1500, I was hooked. My problem is I think my truck has an identity crisis!It says "Limited" on the sticker and the badging is also Limited. Is also nightshade. Nowhere on the sticker does it say Laramie. The tag hanging from the passenger seat says Laramie. It has the air suspension and the Limited leather, but is missing every other feature that should be standard on a limited (I think...) No adaptive cruise, no surround view, no park assist or parksense, no running boards, no bedliner, no lane assist, no bed lights, no bed step, and no HUD. It does have panoramic moonroof, Ram Boxes, Harmen Karden stereo, air suspension, and nightshade option. I know it is missing the Limited Level 1 package, but I am just dumbfounded that it would not even have parking sensors. I am confused about what makes the truck a "Limited."

I asked the dealer if they would install at least the adaptive cruise control, but they said it can't be done. I have seen here that it can be easily done on my truck. Swap the ABS HCU and install the switch in steering wheel and flash the computer. How can a service manager at a dealership claim it can't be done? Long story short, My truck with Limited Level 1 added is at a minimum 500 miles away. I have found five or six in dealers in TX, OK, and Georgia. I asked them to get me one of those trucks to which they also stated, "We can't." I needed out of my trade in immediately, fearing it would soon explode, so I took the truck on their lot.

If I have a third party mechanic install adaptive cruise and parking sensors, will that void my factory waranty?

Ralph3260

Reaction score
I did find a dealer willing to get me the truck I want from TX, but after opening the thumb drive to give them the info from my deal, I discovered that over 12K in service packages had been added in to my financing. I "kindly" demanded that all that be cancelled immediately so that I could trade out of current truck to which again, dealer stated, "We cant!!" They said all of the paperwork had to process before they could do anything. So it looks like my options are wait and eat further devaluation on current truck, or have options installed. Open to any advice and would certainly appreciate some.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have been in Toyotas for over 15 years, but after driving a 2024 "Limited" 1500, I was hooked. My problem is I think my truck has an identity crisis!It says "Limited" on the sticker and the badging is also Limited. Is also nightshade. Nowhere on the sticker does it say Laramie. The tag hanging from the passenger seat says Laramie. It has the air suspension and the Limited leather, but is missing every other feature that should be standard on a limited (I think...) No adaptive cruise, no surround view, no park assist or parksense, no running boards, no bedliner, no lane assist, no bed lights, no bed step, and no HUD. It does have panoramic moonroof, Ram Boxes, Harmen Karden stereo, air suspension, and nightshade option. I know it is missing the Limited Level 1 package, but I am just dumbfounded that it would not even have parking sensors. I am confused about what makes the truck a "Limited."

I asked the dealer if they would install at least the adaptive cruise control, but they said it can't be done. I have seen here that it can be easily done on my truck. Swap the ABS HCU and install the switch in steering wheel and flash the computer. How can a service manager at a dealership claim it can't be done? Long story short, My truck with Limited Level 1 added is at a minimum 500 miles away. I have found five or six in dealers in TX, OK, and Georgia. I asked them to get me one of those trucks to which they also stated, "We can't." I needed out of my trade in immediately, fearing it would soon explode, so I took the truck on their lot.

If I have a third party mechanic install adaptive cruise and parking sensors, will that void my factory waranty?
The dealership can’t add features that weren’t listed on the VIN, unless they get a “sales code” to authorize it (from their regional Stellantis rep). So they’re correct - at least as far as installing something that is warrantied and authorized.
But you (or anyone else) can install features as a non-authorized setup. You’d have to use AlfaOBD or something similar to enable the hardware. That’s where it gets into a gray area on voiding the warranty. It’s only a problem if they can show that your tinkering caused the problem.

Ralph3260

Reaction score
The Comma 3X with openpiolot seems a better option than factory adaptive cruise. When I checked compatability, it say RAM 1500 must have adaptive cruise. I wonder if that means the full set up or just the brake and hydraulic modules switched to carry out the Comma 3 commands? If the Comma 3 was processing the commands and not the trucks ECU, seems just switching the brake and hydraulic modules would work.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Pretty much everything you listed, is part of the package that wasn't ordered on that truck. There are plenty of other things that are standard on limited, that are optional, or not even available on a Laramie. LED headlights, tail lights, and fog lamps. Heated and cooled front seats, with heated reclining rear seats. Mine are cooled too, but that may have been a package thing. Chrome grille, and strip on body. Auto wipers. Premium interior lighting. Digital dash, I think that is an option on Laramie. There are a lot of little things.

Amazing93

Reaction score
Pretty much everything you listed, is part of the package that wasn't ordered on that truck. There are plenty of other things that are standard on limited, that are optional, or not even available on a Laramie. LED headlights, tail lights, and fog lamps. Heated and cooled front seats, with heated reclining rear seats. Mine are cooled too, but that may have been a package thing. Chrome grille, and strip on body. Auto wipers. Premium interior lighting. Digital dash, I think that is an option on Laramie. There are a lot of little things.
The only option you listed there that's not on my Laramie is the cooled rear seats. I have everything else. Sounds Well I have a sport so no chrome but That truck he's asking about is the least optioned limited I've personally heard of.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The only option you listed there that's not on my Laramie is the cooled rear seats. I have everything else. Sounds Well I have a sport so no chrome but That truck he's asking about is the least optioned limited I've personally heard of.
I agree. My buddy has the highest optioned Laramie I have ever seen. He even has HUD. It;s the only Laramie I've seen with it. Plus he has the air suspension, multi tailgate, Ramboxes, power boards, autonomous cruise, self park, and BUG. About the only things, besides the digital dash, his being a 22, that he doesn't have, is the chrome Limited trim, bigger wheels, or the Limited only headlights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/