5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 e torque issue

Markz

Reaction score
I am new to this forum so thank you for accepting me. Bought a new 24 ram 1500 with 5.7 e torque to replace my 21 ram 1500 without e torque. In addition to e torque being “ jumpy” I had the check engine light and battery light come on at 4270 miles. Took to dealer where I purchased, they diagnosed as faulty 48 volt e torque battery but came up with what they call a “star” issue. 12 days in shop awaiting approval from these star engineers to approve repair. Been in contact with customer care and they are paying for rental vehicle, but no one can contact this group except by email, which they answer at their leisure. Dealer advised me not to take on any trips for a while after repair just in case it happens again. Defeats purpose of having a new vehicle. Offered to trade it in but going to cost me more money to replace with identical truck. Afraid of same issues which ram doesn’t seem to know how to fix. Totally frustrated and not sure if I’m going back into another Ram.

Users who are viewing this thread