5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Dodge Ram Laramie won’t start with only 200 miles

KnightJ35se

Reaction score
I just wanted to post an update. I got my truck back from the dealership tonight. They reset the Global Telematics Box. Hopefully no more battery drain, but it’s not a fix for the actual issue. I guess this is the workaround for now. I’ll know if a few days if the battery drains again. I did notice that when I locked my doors, the gauge cluster and radio surround lights stayed on for a minute and then shut off. They didn’t do that before. The USB lights turned off though. I don’t see them coming back on for now. I’ll post the invoice information and the connected service update the service advisor gave me.
Thanks for the feedback I’m getting the run around between the mechanic shop and them telling me they’re waiting to hear from corporate. I call corporate they say they have to speak to the dealer to see what’s going on . The dealer told me the same thing that you posted and I’ll be compensated for it and I’ll be compensated until they resolve the issue. So the truck stays broken

SilverRams83

Reaction score
That’s good that you are going to be compensated. The dealer I bought the truck from mentioned nothing of compensation. They were somewhat helpful, but only after they realized I wasn’t the only one that had this problem. The GM told me today, when he called to check in, that the temelmatics reset is supposed to stop the battery drain. He asked me if it was starting and I said yes, but the trend was if failed to start after about 3 to four days so I don’t know if this solved the drain issue yet. Regardless if it drains the battery or not there isn’t a real fix yet, and I plan to pursue, in accordance with my local lemon laws, a buy back. The manufacturer had time to figure this out and they haven’t. This is the outcome when corners are cut so there isn’t an excuse in my opinion. I could understand a faulty part that failed and needs replaced as I’ve had that happen on past vehicles. However, to not know what the problem is and push dealers to play games until you find out is just lame.

KnightJ35se

Have they had your vehicle and not given it back? Did it keep draining the battery after the reset?

KnightJ35se

Reaction score
Mista
That’s good that you are going to be compensated. The dealer I bought the truck from mentioned nothing of compensation. They were somewhat helpful, but only after they realized I wasn’t the only one that had this problem. The GM told me today, when he called to check in, that the temelmatics reset is supposed to stop the battery drain. He asked me if it was starting and I said yes, but the trend was if failed to start after about 3 to four days so I don’t know if this solved the drain issue yet. Regardless if it drains the battery or not there isn’t a real fix yet, and I plan to pursue, in accordance with my local lemon laws, a buy back. The manufacturer had time to figure this out and they haven’t. This is the outcome when corners are cut so there isn’t an excuse in my opinion. I could understand a faulty part that failed and needs replaced as I’ve had that happen on past vehicles. However, to not know what the problem is and push dealers to play games until you find out is just lame.

KnightJ35se

Have they had your vehicle and not given it back? Did it keep draining the battery after the reset?miatake

KnightJ35se

Have they had your vehicle and not given it back? Did it keep draining the battery after the reset?
Sorry a mis

Users who are viewing this thread