5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Bighorn First Impressions

Klacy87

Reaction score
Bought a new 2024 Bighorn on Saturday. Having owned big horns in the past, most recently a 2019, I had expectations of the features that would be included. I was pretty disappointed in what was not included but was in my 2019. No remote start, no LED headlights, taillights or fog lights, no back up or forward sensors, no dual zone digital climate control, no mirrors in the driver sun visor, no phone charge in the back, no lights in the bed of the truck. Significant price increase from the 2019 for less things included. Had I not needed the crew cab for my expanding family, I would not have bought.

Now, what are the fixes to get this truck more up to date? Anyone replaced the headlights because they are terrible and you can’t see anything? Tail lights, third break light or fog lights?

Anyone added in the bed lights?

If I add remote start will it turn on the heated seats and steering wheel if it’s below temperature?

Anyone else find things missing they were used to having?

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
its been the norm for probably the last 2 years - less standard equipment for more money
I do think the led lights were never standard and probably part of a package that your 2019 had maybe I am wrong, I can for sure speak of 2021 and newer
And plenty of people have done something about their lights so you will probably hear some feedback

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LED lights have always been an option on the bighorn. I ordered my 2019 with them and very well worth the $900 upgrade in my opinion. For some reason they took the option away for the abbreviated 2024 model year but will be standard starting in 2025.

Klacy87

Reaction score
LED lights have always been an option on the bighorn. I ordered my 2019 with them and very well worth the $900 upgrade in my opinion. For some reason they took the option away for the abbreviated 2024 model year but will be standard starting in 2025.
Guess I should have waited a year for the 25s.

Klacy87

Reaction score
Agreed. Hoping I can find a decent set of bulbs I can actually see where I’m going lol.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed. Hoping I can find a decent set of bulbs I can actually see where I’m going lol.
Lasfit makes great LED bulbs and are compatible with the CANbus system so it won’t throw codes. I’ve had them in my Big Horn for quite a few months now and am very pleased. The headlights are way brighter, I installed the LED switchbacks in my front turn signals, rear amber turns and tail brakes as well. All Lasfit and a huge upgrade. IMG_9314.jpeg IMG_8968.jpeg

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Bought a new 2024 Bighorn on Saturday. Having owned big horns in the past, most recently a 2019, I had expectations of the features that would be included. I was pretty disappointed in what was not included but was in my 2019. No remote start, no LED headlights, taillights or fog lights, no back up or forward sensors, no dual zone digital climate control, no mirrors in the driver sun visor, no phone charge in the back, no lights in the bed of the truck. Significant price increase from the 2019 for less things included. Had I not needed the crew cab for my expanding family, I would not have bought.

Now, what are the fixes to get this truck more up to date? Anyone replaced the headlights because they are terrible and you can’t see anything? Tail lights, third break light or fog lights?

If I add remote start will it turn on the heated seats and steering wheel if it’s below temperature?

A lot of these things you're asking if anybody has added has been done. All you have to do is search and you'll find tons of post from people who have added LED tail lights, bed lights, etc.

I'm not sure if a lot of the things you're describing actually come standard on a Bighorn in 2019 anyway. I know on my 2020 most of those things were options. I was just lucky to find one at a dealership that was fully optioned out.

wazslow

Reaction score

I have a 2024 Big Horn and have most of those options ( remote start, back up and forward sensors, dual zone digital climate control, mirrors in the driver sun visor, phone charge in the back). Most of the items mentioned are part of the level B option package. I have LED taillights through the blind spot monitoring package. A base Big Horn doesn't come with those things, but I'm not sure it did without extra option packages in 2019 either.

Scram1500

Reaction score
A base model Bighorn doesn't have much over a Tradesman other than basically a power driver's seat

Jako

Reaction score
I have a 2024 Big Horn and have most of those options ( remote start, back up and forward sensors, dual zone digital climate control, mirrors in the driver sun visor, phone charge in the back). Most of the items mentioned are part of the level B option package. I have LED taillights through the blind spot monitoring package. A base Big Horn doesn't come with those things, but I'm not sure it did without extra option packages in 2019 either.
2019 it was a level 2 to get those items.

2021QCBH

Reaction score
My “base” 21 bighorn came with the following that the 22+ does not as “Standard”.
-Painted door handles
-Auto 4x4 T case (I think even the BH Level one still doesn’t get this)

Basically all a base BH gets you over a Tradesman now is badging/nicer seat fabric?/Nicer door panels/dual exhaust. You can basically check boxes on a Tradesman to option it identically to a base BH but I’m not sure if it saves you any cash. Haven‘t built a comparison. I also think it’s easier to get a Tradesman with a “sport” looks package. Sort of like bringing back the old express model option.

Possibly gets you the 60/40 split rear seat instead of raising the entire seat bottom. Not sure if the Tradesman still raises the entire back seat bottom.

Maybe there’s things we can’t see like added sound deadening etc.

The only option boxes checked on my truck were factory all weather mats and remote start.

Users who are viewing this thread