5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Best Prices Today

Driver

Reaction score
The "percent msrp off" thread dates back 5 years, has good info, but is all over the place. Anyone shopping for a 24 wants to know where the deals are. Here's fresh info.

Mark Dodge in La is offering 12.5% off msrp on ordered vehicles and another 1% with an affiliate membership. It appears that's using 2023 list prices as a basis. They say they will lock your price upon paying the deposit, and you won't see an increase if prices rise before delivery. Seems somewhat to good to be true.

Looks like a much better deal than Granger presently at 4% under. Just a few months ago 7% under was available, and that's close to Mark's present day 13.5% off.

The Koons offer at 6.2% under invoice may be misleading, because they add back $2,000 for freight, and may force you to accept their dealer applied spray on bed liner for $900, and? $900 processing fee.

From what I see today, it appears that Mark Dodge may be $1-2,000 less expensive, out the door, on a loaded 2024 Ram.

Anybody found other 2024 pricing to compare?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mark Dodge is legit.
Also if you put a down payment you are price protected. If someone offered to let you order without a deposit it's not a sold order and the price will change by delivery.
Generally you can lock in rebates when you order, except the affiliate that is upon pickup. If rebates are better when you pick it up you can swap (all or nothing).
My Limited was 79k msrp on order, by pickup it's msrp was 81k but I was price protected as I put a deposit on it.
My actual price was 64.5k from 79k msrp.

This was from March of 22, so just slightly over 1 year ago.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered my 23 without a deposit as a sold order and price protected. Incentives were better at delivery so I took those and ended up at almost 25% under MSRP between dealer discount and incentives. The dealer waived the deposit since I had bought a car from them before. That previous purchase was also a sold order but they charged me a $500 fully refundable deposit. Long story short they don't have to take a deposit to place a price protected sold order.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I ordered my 23 without a deposit as a sold order and price protected. Incentives were better at delivery so I took those and ended up at almost 25% under MSRP between dealer discount and incentives. The dealer waived the deposit since I had bought a car from them before. That previous purchase was also a sold order but they charged me a $500 fully refundable deposit. Long story short they don't have to take a deposit to place a price protected sold order.
They also don't need to honor the price protected order if you don't put a deposit down.
You just lucked out the dealership wasn't playing games.

For the other 99% of people, put the deposit on it refundable or not. If the truck comes in and it's missing features you will get your deposit back despite it not being refundable, as the exact truck did not come in.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The "percent msrp off" thread dates back 5 years, has good info, but is all over the place. Anyone shopping for a 24 wants to know where the deals are. Here's fresh info.

Mark Dodge in La is offering 12.5% off msrp on ordered vehicles and another 1% with an affiliate membership. It appears that's using 2023 list prices as a basis. They say they will lock your price upon paying the deposit, and you won't see an increase if prices rise before delivery. Seems somewhat to good to be true.

Looks like a much better deal than Granger presently at 4% under. Just a few months ago 7% under was available, and that's close to Mark's present day 13.5% off.

The Koons offer at 6.2% under invoice may be misleading, because they add back $2,000 for freight, and may force you to accept their dealer applied spray on bed liner for $900, and? $900 processing fee.

From what I see today, it appears that Mark Dodge may be $1-2,000 less expensive, out the door, on a loaded 2024 Ram.

I believe Grangers price is off invoice, not MSRP. I ordered from Mark Dodge. How can Koons charge freight? Destination charge is on the sticker, part of MSRP.

Jmac509

Reaction score
Ordered from Mark Dodge in May and picked up my truck on 7/1. I emailed them my build sheet and locked in the pricing and incentives. They wanted a $1000 down non refundable. I flew into the local airport where they picked me up. I test drove and inspected the vehicle signed a few papers and left. The best dealership experience I've ever had. Zero games.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for refreshing this thread.

Just to clarify on the MD discounts for 1500s
Bighorn/Rebel 11.5% off MSRP
Laramie/Limited/Longhorn 12.5% off MSRP
Affiliate gets you another 1% below the Mark Dodge quoted price, verified at delivery
Best course of action is order, sign up for affiliate, and then grab yourself a TDM coupon on ramtrucks.com closer to delivery

$425 Doc, $4 Temp Tags, $1K non-refundable deposit
No add-ons, no surprises, freedom for finance & transportation - we can coordinate shipping for you (you pay carrier), complimentary airport pickup within 250 miles, or complimentary driven delivery within 250 miles.

[email protected]

Koons_Tysons_Corner

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Just to comment on this. At the 6.2% under invoice, we do not add back in freight or force you into any add ons. We do have a 899 processing fee, but the 6.2% under invoice and another 1.5% additional for affiliate make up for that.

Driver

Reaction score
Ok. We're making progress on 24 Laramies, Longhorns, and Limiteds. Since Grainger currently has far less discount, all you have to do is have Mark Dodge price yours at 13.5% off msrp, and have Koons price it at 6.2 +1.5% under invoice.

Koons has double the bs processing fee, so there's a $500 difference right there.

Beware that some dealers add another bs fee, supposedly to cover their business license. Check it out. Can cost you $1000 or more.

Look forward to apples to apples cost comparisons on the same build, between these two dealers and others. Inquiring minds want to know!

spyder

Reaction score
Thanks for refreshing this thread.

Just to clarify on the MD discounts for 1500s
Bighorn/Rebel 11.5% off MSRP
Laramie/Limited/Longhorn 12.5% off MSRP
Affiliate gets you another 1% below the Mark Dodge quoted price, verified at delivery
Best course of action is order, sign up for affiliate, and then grab yourself a TDM coupon on ramtrucks.com closer to delivery

$425 Doc, $4 Temp Tags, $1K non-refundable deposit
No add-ons, no surprises, freedom for finance & transportation - we can coordinate shipping for you (you pay carrier), complimentary airport pickup within 250 miles, or complimentary driven delivery within 250 miles.

[email protected]
Just did the Build a Ram for a 2023 on the website. If MD is doing 12.5% off MSRP for the truck I put together for my build, along with the Chrysler 2.9% financing, I may have to order a new truck and plan a flight to LA.

How does one get the affiliate pricing and what is the TDM coupon? I did a search and didn't find a quick answer yet.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just did the Build a Ram for a 2023 on the website. If MD is doing 12.5% off MSRP for the truck I put together for my build, along with the Chrysler 2.9% financing, I may have to order a new truck and plan a flight to LA.

How does one get the affiliate pricing and what is the TDM coupon? I did a search and didn't find a quick answer yet.
I flew down to MD and drove 1700 miles home. Saved around 14k vs what local dealers wanted on a custom order.

You can get the affiliate discount a few ways but this is one.

Signup at Tread Lightly Members - Tread Lightly (you need to do the $100 level).
After 30 days you will be eligible to generate a code, MD or another dealer will walk you through this but essentially you just go to FCA Affiliate Rewards and make an account and use a code that Tread Lightly will mail you (physical mail).

6of36

Reaction score

2.9 financing is 23 only. Affiliate, join Tread Lightly. TDM coupon, pop up on Ram site.

6of36

Reaction score
Ok. We're making progress on 24 Laramies, Longhorns, and Limiteds. Since Grainger currently has far less discount, all you have to do is have Mark Dodge price yours at 13.5% off msrp, and have Koons price it at 6.2 +1.5% under invoice.

Koons has double the bs processing fee, so there's a $500 difference right there.

Beware that some dealers add another bs fee, supposedly to cover their business license. Check it out. Can cost you $1000 or more.

Look forward to apples to apples cost comparisons on the same build, between these two dealers and others. Inquiring minds want to know!
Since they use different methods to figure discount, you need to have both price the same truck. It's easier with Mark Dodge, because they use MSRP. Build and price will not be accurate though, because of 24 price increases. With Koons, they have to do the build, to see what invoice price is if they order, then discount that.

spyder

Reaction score
2.9 financing is 23 only. Affiliate, join Tread Lightly. TDM coupon, pop up on Ram site.
23 would be fine with me, I don't care what year is next to the name. Especially if it's a significant savings.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
23 would be fine with me, I don't care what year is next to the name. Especially if it's a significant savings.
Everything everyone said above regarding the affiliate and TDM coupon is correct.
The promotional 2.9% is on 23s which would mean that is for only instock, not ordering, which are 24s.

Driver

Reaction score
Two Ram different dealers have told me that if I order a 24 today and pay a $1000 deposit, the price will be locked and guaranteed. They call it price protected. As mentioned it sees too good to be true, because the only available prices are 23 prices.

Question for the 2 Ram dealers posting on this thread: do you price protect this same way on a 24, using 23 prices?

spyder

Reaction score
Everything everyone said above regarding the affiliate and TDM coupon is correct.
The promotional 2.9% is on 23s which would mean that is for only instock, not ordering, which are 24s.
Ah, got it, thanks. Guess I won't be ordering one. :LOL:

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Two Ram different dealers have told me that if I order a 24 today and pay a $1000 deposit, the price will be locked and guaranteed. They call it price protected. As mentioned it sees too good to be true, because the only available prices are 23 prices.

Question for the 2 Ram dealers posting on this thread: do you price protect this same way on a 24, using 23 prices?
The ramtrucks.com website only shows 2023 pricing.
Our software shows 2024 pricing.
Even when the ramtrucks site is updated, it will never be 100% accurate to the actual order.

The dealers that you see posting here will share the actual build sheet from ordering software, including FWP/invoice, MSRP, etc etc.
The price you AGREE to and sign for is what is price protected, so long as your name and/or address do not change between ordering and time of delivery.
Every once in a while there is a slight change in the time between an order submission and Ram receiving it, but that's rare. Further increases on MSRP for the truck OR any of the components are "sold order protected" back to the date the order was received by Ram.

Does that make sense?

Driver

Reaction score
In other words, the prices on the Ram site are slightly low and don't yet reflect 24 pricing.

So it's not until you get your build sheet and the true 24 msrp, that you'll have the real numbers to work with.

At your dealership, what's the email to send a request to?

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
In other words, the prices on the Ram site are slightly low and don't yet reflect 24 pricing.

So it's not until you get your build sheet and the true 24 msrp, that you'll have the real numbers to work with.

At your dealership, what's the email to send a request to?
Correct. Some trims and packages went up in price more than others from 23 to 24. [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread