5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 1500 Limited Aux Trailer Cameras

AJH

Reaction score
I have just picked up a 2024 1500 Limited with 360 deg. surround and it has an section for aux trailer cameras. The section has a setting button but nothing else to indicate whit signal it is lookig for. I have checked with the dealer and the only information they could find is a "trailer Cameras Trailer Wiring Harness for Ram Heavy Duty 2500/3500" . It shows connecting to a 12-way connector on the truck. I do not have that connector on the truck. The dealer indicates that this part number for the cameras comes up when they run the vin number.

Now my question is: does anyone know of what type of camera is compatible with the Uconnect system? Can a wireless camera be installed?

BEDavis

Reaction score
Hello! Well, I went down this rabbit hole with my truck recently. I contacted Ram multiple times, called dealer twice and stopped in. I had shared a very detailed email with the Service Manager (known him for years) and he along with the Parts Manager are stumped. I just stopped in on Tuesday (March 19th for an oil change). Even gave them a VIN (Thanks @Jimmy07 ) with a factory equipped truck with the trailer surround view camera system, which is what I was trying to add. I said, okay if this truck gets a rear end collision and you have to repair the 12pin box and wiring harness what are the part numbers? No clue. I have even asked Tim (automotive journalist-PickupTruckSUV Talk) if he could forward my email to his "backdoor" connections at Ram. Still no luck...yet. Seems to be a huge mystery. I have the capped off wire harness and soft buttons for the Aux camera and Trailer Surround View. Not quite sure where to go next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online