5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 rebel lunar

23RebelLunar

Reaction score
I just bought a 2023 ram rebel. It’s ceramic gray and then I found out is the lunar edition. Was trying to find out how many were made and if they all have decals on both sides of the bed. Mine only has a decal on the driver side

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should have graphics on both sides of the bed. Was this a new truck? Do you have the hood decal? Can't believe they missed it at factory and dealer. Any chance bed side was damaged and repaired.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can't answer the decal question. But I can tell you how many were built.

Overall, there were 1,341 Rebels built in the color Ceramic Grey. However, there are only 1307 build sheets that call them "Lunar Editions". The first 34 that they built were tagged as "Rebel Buzz Model 2". They were also building "Rebel Buzz Model 1" variants, but those were in Baja Yellow and later became known as Havoc Editions.

23RebelLunar

Reaction score
You should have graphics on both sides of the bed. Was this a new truck? Do you have the hood decal? Can't believe they missed it at factory and dealer. Any chance bed side was damaged and repaired.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
It was bought new. It had 20 miles on it and I doesn’t look like there is any damage or paint correction like it was hit. And there is the hood decal

23RebelLunar

Reaction score

Overall, there were 1,341 Rebels built in the color Ceramic Grey. However, there are only 1307 build sheets that call them "Lunar Editions". The first 34 that they built were tagged as "Rebel Buzz Model 2". They were also building "Rebel Buzz Model 1" variants, but those were in Baja Yellow and later became known as Havoc Editions.
Thank you very much for the info

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I'm still sad they used ceramic gray again. But glad to see my BTS is still more limited than the Lunar Editions

23RebelLunar

Reaction score
She’s pretty. Love the color scheme.
Thanks. I love the color. When I bought it didn’t really know about the lunar edition. Just loved the color so I got this one. Now I’m going down a worm hole trying to figure out what this thing is and how many there are

Reaction score
That color is amazing. I emailed dealers for quotes yesterday, now you've added my work for me. I'm going to update my email to the Lunar addition instead of black.

Edit - Nevermind on that. 2024 ordering is now closed. Guess I'll be searching for an instock truck. Hopefully I can find a Lunar when I buy in March/April.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That color is amazing. I emailed dealers for quotes yesterday, now you've added my work for me. I'm going to update my email to the Lunar addition instead of black.

Edit - Nevermind on that. 2024 ordering is now closed. Guess I'll be searching for an instock truck. Hopefully I can find a Lunar when I buy in March/April.
The Lunar Edition (both Rebel and TRX) were only available for the 2023 model year. They were special editions.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And in case anyone is interested, here's where the Lunar Edition Rebels went to (by country).

1702320430776.png

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's interesting to see the different countries. Wouldn't have thought Brazil.
Oh yeah, they build for lots of weird export markets. French Polynesia/Tahiti, New Caledonia, Egypt (there's only one of those), Vietnam, Philippines, etc.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeah, they build for lots of weird export markets. French Polynesia/Tahiti, New Caledonia, Egypt (there's only one of those), Vietnam, Philippines, etc.
Some of them I can see since so was military and been to some of those areas. Not sure if military overseas orders fall into export classifications

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Some of them I can see since so was military and been to some of those areas. Not sure if military overseas orders fall into export classifications
Those fall under "USA" (but don't list a state - it just says "Chrysler Military Sales").

Users who are viewing this thread