5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 ram rebel burning smell

seaward

Reaction score
just picked up a 2023 rebel i have had a burning rubber smell for the last 15000 km don't seem to be going away, dealer changed the etorque, rad flush all rad hoses now its having the heater core hoses changed still no results. I see many post about the burning smell wondering if anyone has any results on a fix yet the dealer is telling me i have the only truck in the area with this smell seems to be a guessing game at this point

APK

Reaction score
just picked up a 2023 rebel i have had a burning rubber smell for the last 15000 km don't seem to be going away, dealer changed the etorque, rad flush all rad hoses now its having the heater core hoses changed still no results. I see many post about the burning smell wondering if anyone has any results on a fix yet the dealer is telling me i have the only truck in the area with this smell seems to be a guessing game at this point
Exactly the same issue with my ‘23 rebel gt. I find comes and goes. I’ve been trying to identify a pattern (colder/warmer outside temps/2WD/4WD etc, but really can figure it out. I’m 3hrs away from dealer, so really don’t want to take it down and be unable to replicate the problem, only to be told there’s nothing they can do, so intrigued to find out if anyone’s been able to resolve the issue.

mopar mark

Reaction score
My 2022 rebel had a burning rubber smell, I only noticed it after driving on the highway in auto 4x4. It’s coming from the front and notice it more on the passenger side.

Reactions: APK

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I know that this is not going to help you all but the only smell I have coming from under the hood is the occasional hot antifreeze odor.

mwoods269

Reaction score
New 2024 1500 here with 1800 miles. Today was the first warm (67) day in York, Pa and after some local driving I smelled something like and electrical burning/heat smell or like coolant. It was really noticeable on the drivers side fender outside and at the radiator.

This along with the vibration at 2k rpms means this thing is going back.

jdawgjm

Reaction score
I found tape on some hoses, yellow tape from the factory. Tape that looked like it should have been removed at the factory. Anyways last year I went under and took all the half loose tape off. A part of me wonders if some of that tape is under extreme heat and burning for you guys.

For reference I have a 2023, no smells.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My 2019 had a burning smell for probably the first 6 mos or so of ownership, but it eventually went away by itself. I traded it at 73k miles with no major issues, and zero mechanical problems.

Puckstopper55

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
New 2024 1500 here with 1800 miles. Today was the first warm (67) day in York, Pa and after some local driving I smelled something like and electrical burning/heat smell or like coolant. It was really noticeable on the drivers side fender outside and at the radiator.

2024 with 1600 miles on it. Same smell issue but no vibration. Actually, it sounded like I had a leaf stuck in the sunroof… now you have me wondering if this was some sort of vibration.

Have any of you noticed the smell more when you have the seat heaters on?

APK

Reaction score
I found tape on some hoses, yellow tape from the factory. Tape that looked like it should have been removed at the factory. Anyways last year I went under and took all the half loose tape off. A part of me wonders if some of that tape is under extreme heat and burning for you guys.

For reference I have a 2023, no smells.
That’s interesting, I’ll take a look into that tomorrow. Appreciate the suggestion.

APK

Reaction score

APK

Reaction score
if they’re able to diagnose anything related to the burning smell, please let us know. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread