5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram Limited Night Edition Color Preferences

Black or Granite

• Black

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Granite

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Josh24

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to the forum and looking for some feedback on a color for a new order I have been contemplating for months. Test drove the Ford Limited, Sierra Denali, and Ram Limited and Ram was hands down the best in my opinion. Now back to the color choice, having a tough time deciding between the Black and Granite Night edition. Color is obviously a personal preference but was looking for feedback on which direction ya'll have went and any considerations I may not be thinking about. The challenge is obviously keeping black clean although I haven't seen a better looking truck after a full detail. Granite looks to be awesome too so putting this up for a poll!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Granite > black

Black takes to much upkeep and looks horrible unless your on top of keeping it swirl free and clean..

Granite perfect mix of being dark and still easy to keep clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Josh24

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback and good point on the granite!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not a lot of difference between the two in terms of keeping it clean. Silver or White are the best colors for hiding dirt, and both look amazing when detailed.

Since you're apparently only considering black or granite, my vote would be for black. As you said yourself, nothing looks better when detailed than black.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had a RAM in both black and white in night edition, but I am told that granite, and Delmonico usually stay looking cleaner, even when they are dirty, less noticeable than either black or white.

Punctuation errors due to talk text

Kumba1010

Reaction score
Part of the draw (for me) to the night edition is the contrast between blacked out parts and body color. So going all black doesn't do it for me, not to mention the difficulty of keeping clean.
Hi All,

New to the forum and looking for some feedback on a color for a new order I have been contemplating for months. Test drove the Ford Limited, Sierra Denali, and Ram Limited and Ram was hands down the best in my opinion. Now back to the color choice, having a tough time deciding between the Black and Granite Night edition. Color is obviously a personal preference but was looking for feedback on which direction ya'll have went and any considerations I may not be thinking about. The challenge is obviously keeping black clean although I haven't seen a better looking truck after a full detail. Granite looks to be awesome too so putting this up for a poll!
I will go with the Granite...second choice for me will Delmonico

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I really like that granite color too, the shimmer it has looks great.

What about Billet Silver vs granite? I keep wondering about it bc every time I see one in night edition going the opposite direction it always looks pretty clean too. Kinda makes me wish I went that direction - & saved a few hundred bucks plus interest. Lol

Josh24

Reaction score
I really like that granite color too, the shimmer it has looks great.

What about Billet Silver vs granite? I keep wondering about it bc every time I see one in night edition going the opposite direction it always looks pretty clean too. Kinda makes me wish I went that direction - & saved a few hundred bucks plus interest. Lol
Absolutely haven’t considered silver yet but it does seem to be one of the best for hiding dirt, road salt, etc. I have white now and that also isn’t too bad. Black would be higher maintenance for sure but that clean black look is awesome for about 20 minutes. Lol

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Absolutely haven’t considered silver yet but it does seem to be one of the best for hiding dirt, road salt, etc. I have white now and that also isn’t too bad. Black would be higher maintenance for sure but that clean black look is awesome for about 20 minutes. Lol

I agree that white is easier than black to keep clean. But now I notice all the gray/black dust & water stains vs the lighter colored dust & stains. I haven’t had a white car in 20+ years & didn’t realize that until a friend told me it’s going to be hard to keep a white truck clean. I didn’t think much of it at first but I definitely go the wash too often since we shut off the hoses for winter! Oh well, love & learn. I plan on keeping it anyway but maybe going with a dark gray (liquid carbon) Integra for a secondary vehicle after offloading the Jeep.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Night Edition color conundrum is between Billet Silver and Delmonico Red! Can’t go wrong with any though, such a great looking trim on the best looking truck!

Josh24

Reaction score
Agreed
My Night Edition color conundrum is between Billet Silver and Delmonico Red! Can’t go wrong with any though, such a great looking trim on the best looking truck!
Completely agree!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My last 2 Rams have been GCM, one with the Sport package and the other Night edition, definitely looks great on these trucks. My son's Ram is black with the Night edition and looks sinister when it is clean, though it really displays these Ohio winters proudly when it's dirty :LOL:

Dschmid37

Reaction score
I was set on the Night Edition because I'm just not a fan of chrome or chrome-like parts. I was torn between the Delmonico Red and the Granite until both my neighbor and daughter beat me to the punch and bought the Delmonico. I ordered the Granite on my 2023 1500 Laramie Crew Cab and am still waiting for a build date. I did buy some red vinyl decals for the badging just to give it some pop. Hope it looks good.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was set on the Night Edition because I'm just not a fan of chrome or chrome-like parts. I was torn between the Delmonico Red and the Granite until both my neighbor and daughter beat me to the punch and bought the Delmonico. I ordered the Granite on my 2023 1500 Laramie Crew Cab and am still waiting for a build date. I did buy some red vinyl decals for the badging just to give it some pop. Hope it looks good.

It does look really good with that combo - I think there’s some good pics of exactly this on the “What did you do to your Ram today?” thread by @TyH2009 who has some other good pics.

I don’t know why it’s not auto populating the user name for me right now like usual. I’ll try again in a bit. His truck looks really sleek.

Attachments

• 4FE7383D-F540-4F5A-8020-51028EA4376C.png
    4FE7383D-F540-4F5A-8020-51028EA4376C.png
    678.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Josh24

Reaction score
It does look really good with that combo - I think there’s some good pics of exactly this on the “What did you do to your Ram today?” thread by @TyH2009 who has some other good pics.

I don’t know why it’s not auto populating the user name for me right now like usual. I’ll try again in a bit. His truck looks really sleek.

Thanks for sending, that's one nice looking truck!

Dschmid37

Reaction score
Wow! Love it! I can't wait to get to work on my truck. If I could just get a build date now. 😠 It's so hard to wait. I'm NOT good at it. Thanks for the link.

Users who are viewing this thread