5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram 1500 Limited Electrical Issues

garrettgc

Reaction score
My Ram 1500 Limited turned a year old on March 30th. I have been getting a message that my right rear turn signal is not working and the blinker in the dash blinks faster than normal. While it once was intermittent it is now constant. The right rear and front blinkers work like normal however the side view mirror signal blinks in unison with the dash blinker. "fast". Just this afternoon the radio won't turn on. The A/C will not come on and the front windows do not work. The rear windows and sun roof still work like normal. There is also an icon showing that I am pulling a trailer and I am getting a message that the blind spot indicators aren't working. The truck starts and runs just fine. I also have been getting the "UConnect box needs servicing" from early on. Are these issues related somehow? I have an appointment on Thursday with the service department. Just curious if anyone else has had similar issues. Thanks

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My Ram 1500 Limited turned a year old on March 30th. I have been getting a message that my right rear turn signal is not working and the blinker in the dash blinks faster than normal. While it once was intermittent it is now constant. The right rear and front blinkers work like normal however the side view mirror signal blinks in unison with the dash blinker. "fast". Just this afternoon the radio won't turn on. The A/C will not come on and the front windows do not work. The rear windows and sun roof still work like normal. There is also an icon showing that I am pulling a trailer and I am getting a message that the blind spot indicators aren't working. The truck starts and runs just fine. I also have been getting the "UConnect box needs servicing" from early on. Are these issues related somehow? I have an appointment on Thursday with the service department. Just curious if anyone else has had similar issues. Thanks
Could possibly be a water getting in somewhere issue or battery issue.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I hope you've scheduled an appointment at your dealership. Since it'll probably be a week or two before they can get you in, you can check a couple things wile you wait. The factory battery has been an issue for some people. If you can, drive to NAPA, O'Reilley's, Pep Boys, or any other parts store near you and ask them to check the battery and charging system. It's usually free for the check. You might also check the grounds in your engine bay to make sure they're clean and tight. Also check to see if your rear window, CHMSL, or shark fin are allowing water to get inside the cab. Make sure everything is dry.

Users who are viewing this thread