5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Limited Winter Mats

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's about that time - winter is coming. What mats/setups are folks using in the winter months to replace the Limited mats? Are you just taking out the carpet piece? Coming from a Rebel I never had to consider this - should I just look for a set of those mats and run em through the winter? I am in snow country upstate NYS.

23RAM

Reaction score
It's about that time - winter is coming. What mats/setups are folks using in the winter months to replace the Limited mats? Are you just taking out the carpet piece? Coming from a Rebel I never had to consider this - should I just look for a set of those mats and run em through the winter? I am in snow country upstate NYS.
I priced out Mopar mats at the dealer and they were actually a few bucks cheaper than good aftermarket brands, so I bought the Mopar mats. I'm switching mine out this weekend too.

disarm

Reaction score
I went with the Weathertech Floorliner HP (front and rear) and am very happy with them so far...excellent fit and coverage. Time will tell how they hold up, but I've always been pleased with Weathertech in the past.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I priced out Mopar mats at the dealer and they were actually a few bucks cheaper than good aftermarket brands, so I bought the Mopar mats. I'm switching mine out this weekend too.
do you have the part number?

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Year round I have a Weathertech for the driver and all the rest are the factory with the snap out carpet. I've never felt the need to change anything due to a change in season. Snow on feet winter is the same as wet feet in the summer. Carpeted mats can be easily cleaned.

23RAM

Reaction score
Snow on feet winter is the same as wet feet in the summer. Carpeted mats can be easily cleaned.
Ugh...not up here with the salt. And good luck trying to spray clean your carpeted mats when it's below zero, they just freeze.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Stains terribly after a single winter in the north with rocksalt and the variety of chlorides on the roads\ground.

I live in Illinois and have never found the carpet stains left from road chemicals to be permanent, but they are a little more difficult to clean than a rubber mat.

The road chemicals are designed to resist being diluted with plain water. Using a scrub brush with a mixture of 50% water and 50% white vinegar in a spray bottle will dilute the chemicals enough that you can shop vac the stain out of the carpet. Follow up with carpet cleaner to remove the vinegar smell.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I live in Illinois and have never found the carpet stains left from road chemicals to be permanent, but they are a little more difficult to clean than a rubber mat.

The road chemicals are designed to resist being diluted with plain water. Using a scrub brush with a mixture of 50% water and 50% white vinegar in a spray bottle will dilute the chemicals enough that you can shop vac the stain out of the carpet. Follow up with carpet cleaner to remove the vinegar smell.
Even my rubber mats get stained by the chemicals in my state.
Not sure what mix they use on the roads, or also at businesses.
It appears to be like a white stain.
I tried vinegar, degreaser, and some other stuff then gave up, it just for my feet anyways.
But fabric gets hard and ruined in the winter so even if it's cleaned you can see where you put your foot as it's run down to the bottom, kinda hard to explain. Almost looks like a flat plastic floor mat by the time the carpet goes through 1 or 2 winters. The Limited mats should hold up better because of the material they are made of, but salt other stuff will get into it pretty good.

I sold my Limited's floor mats for $450 and bought Husky all weathers for $125 but to each their own.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Many choices Mopar, Weathertech, Husky, Lastfit, and many others available. I personally use the Mopar mats.

BlueHemi1500

Reaction score
I have the factory rubber mats front and back. I would recommend them as they get stained but are easier to clean, and then, in the summer, you have the fancy carpet back. Mopar factory rubber mats do a great job of covering the footwells and are easy to vacuum up and or shake out as needed. I clean my mats weekly with Simple Green and a towel to scrub and then vacuum to get most of the remainder of the moisture.
Your experience may vary, but this has been mine. :)

BlueHemi1500

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I usually swap in the Maxpider 3D ( which are great and much better than Weathertech any day!! ), but came across a good deal for the OEM rubber mats and couldn't be happier and they look great in my Laramie.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Seems like there is at least one new thread about this every year about this time. Same with snow tire threads.

Users who are viewing this thread