5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 limited digital dash

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
On my Ram 1500 when I try to put navigation on digital dash all I get is “Map Display is Loading Please Wait” well after driving an hour how long do you have to wait?
764081acf21d62573d58a89940ca204d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Also did others keep the WiFi after the free subscription.
Just wondering what is the purpose of this if your phone has cellular.

Same thing on my Jeep, they emailed me and said 169.99 to update Uconnect Maps.
So people still do this or just use the Apple Car Play free maps and or Waze?

Arth

Reaction score
Also did others keep the WiFi after the free subscription.
Just wondering what is the purpose of this if your phone has cellular.

Same thing on my Jeep, they emailed me and said 169.99 to update Uconnect Maps.
So people still do this or just use the Apple Car Play free maps and or Waze?

Unless your Jeep is a 2024 (Wrangler) you've got UC4 and if you want to update the in dash Navigation yeah it'll cost $169. UC5 Maps are free to update. You can download them from the Stellantis website. I think the subscription they try to get people with is to enable the over the air update piece.

Otherwise I feel like the general consensus is to keep using whatever your favorite app is from your cell phone and use carplay/android auto.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Mine does that periodically. It is very inconsistent on when it does it. Sometimes it won't reconnect until the next day sometimes the next ignition cycle.
Frustrating.
Tom

Moonlightboater

Reaction score
Mine does that periodically. It is very inconsistent on when it does it. Sometimes it won't reconnect until the next day sometimes the next ignition cycle.
Frustrating.
Tom
Same thing here., the next day it popped up working.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
Sometimes we as consumer's let manufactures off the hook to easy. They only understands sales and greed. We have allowed them to finish engineers things out in the field. I know the company I retired from always said customers will put up with and still buy vehicles.
Even my wife's Toyota has problems.
Tom

cliffsta

Reaction score
Never had this happen with my 23. Randomly the TomTom or map in the dash will be slow to load when I first start the truck, but it’s never slow to load when scrolling to the map while driving or after TomTom loaded upon startup.

Ready Go

Reaction score
Never had this happen with my 23. Randomly the TomTom or map in the dash will be slow to load when I first start the truck, but it’s never slow to load when scrolling to the map while driving or after TomTom loaded upon startup.
My 2023 Laramie G/T seemed to have MUCH better programming than my 2024 Laramie G/T!

Plus on the 2023, the manual was at least an inch or more..the 2024 is approximately quarter inch.

When I asked the delivery salesman what was up with the manual, he said "that's all been programmed from the factory now". I preferred the 2023 which I could do more myself.

Users who are viewing this thread