5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Laramie fender flare question

bmcpeak363

Reaction score
I am going to date myself, but... Has anyone installed the old fashioned stainless fender trim?
I am old school I like chrome.

Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am going to date myself, but... Has anyone installed to old fashioned stainless fender trim?
I am old school I like chrome.
I'm the same old school. I like chrome, it makes the vehicle look more high end, unlike the night edition, that makes the trucks look like a cheap work truck. I don't think they make chrome wheel opening moldings though. I also like the small factory flares, over the gaudy aftermarket bolt on look.

bmcpeak363

Reaction score
I'm the same old school. I like chrome, it makes the vehicle look more high end, unlike the night edition, that makes the trucks look like a cheap work truck. I don't think they make chrome wheel opening moldings though. I also like the small factory flares, over the gaudy aftermarket bolt on look.
I was thinking something like this...
Not sure how I feel about them

Wheel trim.jpg

Tmoney76

Reaction score
I installed the Mopar OEM fender flares.

If you do not have the factory holes in the sheet metal of the quarter panels you have to modify the clips on the fender flares.

I had to remove the clips from the OEM fender tabs and put 3M tape on the tabs, after I honed it down and smoothed it off with a dremmel tool and with a sanding head.
Since I do not have the factory holes in my panels.

After installing the fender flares I had to put Trim-Lok Fender Flare Edge Trim to fill in the gaps around the edge of the flares where they meet the quarter panel.

View attachment 157427
Any chance you know the part number for the rear driver flare? I need to replace mine and can find all the other flare part numbers on the truck except the rear driver.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any chance you know the part number for the rear driver flare? I need to replace mine and can find all the other flare part numbers on the truck except the rear driver.
Molded Splash Guards
Molded to the contours of the All-New 2019 Ram 1500, these guards help protect the bodyside panels from gravel, salt and road debris.

Front - Part #82215488AB – Front with Fender Flares
Rear - Part #82215489AB – Rear with Fender Flares
Front - Part #82215487AB – Front without Fender Flares
Rear - Part #82215490AB – Rear without Fender Flares

Last edited:

Tmoney76

Reaction score
Molded Splash Guards
Molded to the contours of the All-New 2019 Ram 1500, these guards help protect the bodyside panels from gravel, salt and road debris.

Front - Part #82215488AB – Front with Fender Flares
Rear - Part #82215489AB – Rear with Fender Flares
Front - Part #82215487AB – Front without Fender Flares
Rear - Part #82215490AB – Rear without Fender Flares
What about the OEM fender flares? Any chance you have part numbers for those that you installed on your truck?

XLINE

Reaction score
Just traded my Laramie night edition 20 for a 24 and didn’t even realize the flares were missing. Between that and the new side steps I almost feel like it was a step back plus 12k

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just traded my Laramie night edition 20 for a 24 and didn’t even realize the flares were missing. Between that and the new side steps I almost feel like it was a step back plus 12k
I've also heard you lose the rear reclining seats.

Ramfancy

Reaction score
My 22 Laramie level 1 doesn’t have the reclining rear seats. I really wish it did. I was told that they did have it in 21 but in 22 you had to go level 2 to get them. I didn’t order it , I bought the only Laramie I could find for a decent price.

I have the flares, but have heard that they trap water and cause rust…. I still like them so far. They look great in matching white. My old ram was an 11 and had no wheel well rust, but it had no flares.

I agree about chrome though. I love it. There is a lot on my Laramie. Chrome flares would be sweet. I put a polished stainless set of Luverne steps on and they look great.

Good luck in your search.

Mayzer23

Reaction score
I installed the Mopar OEM fender flares.

If you do not have the factory holes in the sheet metal of the quarter panels you have to modify the clips on the fender flares.

I had to remove the clips from the OEM fender tabs and put 3M tape on the tabs, after I honed it down and smoothed it off with a dremmel tool and with a sanding head.
Since I do not have the factory holes in my panels.

After installing the fender flares I had to put Trim-Lok Fender Flare Edge Trim to fill in the gaps around the edge of the flares where they meet the quarter panel.

View attachment 157427
Thanks for sharing your experience, I plan on doing the exact same thing and found this very helpful!!

I just have two questions for you before I start..

Did the screw holes on the underside of the flares line up with the existing screw holes on the underside our fenders where the wheel well liner joins up with it?

Also, you mentioned you needed to get Trim Lock to help with the gap between the flares and the fenders. Had you removed the tabs completely rather than just grinding the studs off and then just put the double sided tape where the tabs would normally be seated, do you think that would reduce the gap & need for the trim lock?

Thanks again for your detailes info, it'll definitely be a huge help!!

Cheers!

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience, I plan on doing the exact same thing and found this very helpful!!

I just have two questions for you before I start..

Did the screw holes on the underside of the flares line up with the existing screw holes on the underside our fenders where the wheel well liner joins up with it?

Also, you mentioned you needed to get Trim Lock to help with the gap between the flares and the fenders. Had you removed the tabs completely rather than just grinding the studs off and then just put the double sided tape where the tabs would normally be seated, do you think that would reduce the gap & need for the trim lock?

Thanks again for your detailes info, it'll definitely be a huge help!!

Cheers!
I'm glad the posting was helpful.

Yes, the screw holes line up on the wheel wells no issues there at all.

As for the tabs being removed and giving you less gap. I would say that this would minimize the gap but I don't think it would eliminate the gap completely.

My reason for grinding the tabs down was just to give me a substrate to use the double sided 3M tape on.

You might find another location to place your 3M tape but you will need to double or triple up to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread