5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Heads up Display

pseidman

Reaction score
Hoping someone can tell me what is the red circle that shows up on heads up display for about 10 seconds on window on cold start only it appears to change to speed in square box in about 10 seconds and does not show up when you turn off and start again unless you wait about 10 min . Can't find any info anywhere dealer does not even know I have included 2 shots one with red circle and then it changes to standard square with speed off road shown if someone can let me know what to know if others see the red circle on cold starts as well

Attachments

• 20230711_070154.jpg
    20230711_070154.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 20230711_070150.jpg
    20230711_070150.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 135

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't have that on my 22, but it looks like it's just an error icon until it loads the correct speed via the navigation system.
I would say it's 100% normal.

pseidman

Reaction score
I don't have that on my 22, but it looks like it's just an error icon until it loads the correct speed via the navigation system.
I would say it's 100% normal.
Why would there be no reference of it anywhere in manual and even dealer does not know what it is
And if it's only my truck that does that how is it normal

BNeal

Reaction score
Mine is a '21 and I have never seen that in almost 3-years of owning the truck. If it bugs you, I recommend taking in for service.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Why would there be no reference of it anywhere in manual and even dealer does not know what it is
Dealers are clueless
It's loading, your manual doesn't show the screen you get when firmware is updating does it? Manuals don't show every thing when it comes to electronics.
I'm sure every 2023 does it. Your hud is different the the one in my 22. I think that looks like the one in the trx.

pseidman

Reaction score
Dealers are clueless
It's loading, your manual doesn't show the screen you get when firmware is updating does it? Manuals don't show every thing when it comes to electronics.
I'm sure every 2023 does it. Your hud is different the the one in my 22. I think that looks like the one in the trx.
Wish I could find someone that confirms this is normal yes it's like TRX

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cold start. Red circle was on for a second or less then changed to the speedo square.

JoeRam

Reaction score
It is just a symbol to show no data. When all systems completely boot up as in the computers and nav, system data is restored... That why if you shut the truck off and restart quickly it shows speedo square, the computers and nav are still booted, wait ten minutes and the system is completely shut down and needs to reboot.

pseidman

Reaction score
Doesn't make sense, it's an error icon. Obviously, if they made it, they had to configure the software to make a circle. Otherwise, they couldn't just made the white square show up. It must actually mean something I just wish. I knew what it actually met. Even the Chrysler dealers don't know what it means.

Philth

Reaction score
It's linked to the Tom Tom navigation; mine does the same at times while the radio is finished loading. Once Tom Tom is up and running, the red circle goes away.

pseidman

Reaction score
It's linked to the Tom Tom navigation; mine does the same at times while the radio is finished loading. Once Tom Tom is up and running, the red circle goes away.
So I'm clear you are seeing a red circle on your heads up display when you hit the start button and then it changes to the white speed iimit square and shows the speed limit of the road you are on . Please also confirm your year and model of truck please

pseidman

Reaction score
Are you saying you saw same as me red circle with 2 lines and then went to white Square
Does it happen every time you do a cold start or after truck is parked for about 3 min I get a red circle

n8zcc

Reaction score
Owner's manuals have become a string of year after year after year modifications that seem to only reflect new warnings and what not to do. There is very little to no information in there about the finer details of your truck. For example, my 2022 has the option to turn on or off dynamic lighting. What is that? The dealer didn't know, and not mentioned in the owner's manual, asked RAM cares, and sent them a private message as they requested, they passed me off to some other department and I'm still waiting for an answer a year and a half later.

Oh, the topic, I've not seen the red circle on my 2022 so maybe it is new for 2023.

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No red circle for me on cold start this morning. May build 2023. I will start paying attention to it.
I find the HUD to be pretty useless because I drive with polarized lenses and it does not show up. Been the same with all the cars and trucks I have owned that have a HUD.
Great at night though.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Owner's manuals have become a string of year after year after year modifications that seem to only reflect new warnings and what not to do. There is very little to no information in there about the finer details of your truck. For example, my 2022 has the option to turn on or off dynamic lighting. What is that? The dealer didn't know, and not mentioned in the owner's manual, asked RAM cares, and sent them a private message as they requested, they passed me off to some other department and I'm still waiting for an answer a year and a half later.

Oh, the topic, I've not seen the red circle on my 2022 so maybe it is new for 2023.
I'm going to take a guess on dynamic lighting. You have a Longhorn, does it have the fancy projector headlights of a Limited? They move with the steering. That may be considered dynamic lights, and you may be able to turn off that feature.

Users who are viewing this thread