5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Gas Door Cover

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can someone check me...is the gas door on the 2023 supposed to have an indent the size of a thumb, I assume to help with opening? My 2020 didn't have this so I don't know if I have a body issue or if this is by design. Thanks in advance

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can someone check me...is the gas door on the 2023 supposed to have an indent the size of a thumb, I assume to help with opening? My 2020 didn't have this so I don't know if I have a body issue or if this is by design. Thanks in advance
You pose a question like that and don’t post a picture???

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They probably added it to let idiots know where to push to open it.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It’s by design. My 2019 didn’t have it, but my 2021 does.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m confused. I have a 2022, and there’s no indent on the gas door.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe because you have a TRX? OP and I both have Limited. Either way consider yourself lucky. I’ve had several people think it was a ding.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe because you have a TRX? OP and I both have Limited. Either way consider yourself lucky. I’ve had several people think it was a ding.
I need to see a picture. I didn’t realize there was a difference.

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the same little indention on my 22 Laramie I think it’s a stupid design but there are a lot of stupid people out there… lol

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
My 22 limited has it. It doesn't look bad, I never even think about it. I think almost every car/truck that doesn't open from the inisie has it to signify that it's a push to open.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They probably added the dimple for people to know where to push, because there are stupid people who would have tried to pry it open, and complained.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I completely hate the look - in 2023 this isn't rocket science to push on the gas door. The learning curve has well passed us.

Users who are viewing this thread