5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Alignment

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey All just had my first alignment done on 2023 Limited. I had already own through the factory tires at 22k and the front wore to nothing on the outsides. So in getting tires replaced today I also got an alignment. Even though the tires wore bad the steering wheel was straight as an arrow so I never even though I had issue. Now driving home the steering wheel sits to the right to go straight as the truck wants to coast to the left.

I'm going to call my guy in the morning...he's solid and does all my work... 1000009727.jpg but was hoping you guys and gals might provide some insight for the call.
  1. Does this printout look like it supports what I am describing
  2. Is there any significance to DT being referenced
  3. Should I mention anything else

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be worried about why he gave you negative camber on rights but positive on the left. The biggest change so see is toe. He should be able to get it right but I'd ask if he could make the camber better.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd be worried about why he gave you negative camber on rights but positive on the left. The biggest change so see is toe. He should be able to get it right but I'd ask if he could make the camber better.
Thanks for that feedback. I actually don't know anything about any of these components or measurements...I only remember dad always telling me the steering wheel should be straight to go straight...and it ain't. Wise Man. LOL!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for that feedback. I actually don't know anything about any of these components or measurements...I only remember dad always telling me the steering wheel should be straight to go straight...and it ain't. Wise Man. LOL!
Camber is the tilt of the tires. Negative camber means the tire is leaning in slightly and will wear inside edge more, but offer better cornering. Positive camber, tire is leaning out and will wear outside edge of tire.

Toe is the kind of how the tires point. Toe in means the front of tires are closer to each other, toe out is back of tires closer to each other.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Camber is the tilt of the tires. Negative camber means the tire is leaning in slightly and will wear inside edge more, but offer better cornering. Positive camber, tire is leaning out and will wear outside edge of tire.

Toe is the kind of how the tires point. Toe in means the front of tires are closer to each other, toe out is back of tires closer to each other.
Grateful for this explanation - thank you! He thought I had a toe problem based on how the front tires wore out - yet my steering wheel was completely straight since day 1. The top read looks like it's how I was originally aligned coming in and then bottom is the adjustment?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Grateful for this explanation - thank you! He thought I had a toe problem based on how the front tires wore out - yet my steering wheel was completely straight since day 1. The top read looks like it's how I was originally aligned coming in and then bottom is the adjustment?
Yes, he really didn't make any significant changes.

Users who are viewing this thread