5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 1500 Limited AC Issue

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
Truck is a month old. With 80 degree weather, AC is barely cold. Love the truck but hate the AC.

I did some search and see this is a known issue. Some folks suggest adding Muzzy'z AC hack kit (see here A/C Issues? Anyone else).

But then here (Has any one tried Muzzy's AC Hack kit? Thoughts and advice.) folks suggest this was fixed for 2022 and newer.

There is also a TSB but that is supposed to be already applied to my truck (TSB #24-001-20 A/C Fix. Has anyone had it done yet? Plus are you happy with the results?)

Any advice on what should I do?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
AFAIK there are no TSBs for 2022s and above for AC.
You should bring it back to the dealership and let them know Your AC doesn't work.

Jeffjjones

Reaction score
AFAIK there are no TSBs for 2022s and above for AC.
You should bring it back to the dealership and let them know Your AC doesn't work.
Thanks, but it seems like folks are still having AC issues. More posts about 2019 models than any other model year.

spithead051

Reaction score
Thanks, but it seems like folks are still having AC issues. More posts about 2019 models than any other model year.

Your truck is also brand new, system could be low on refrigerant or plenty of other issues. PDI for A/C is probably not much more than 1. Turn on A/C. 2. Listen for compressor. 3. Feel cold? Check.

U

User_3336

2023's should not be having A/C issues. Redesign was implemented.

Like others said, low refrigerant from the factory?

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a 2020 with bad AC. Had the TSB performed and was marginally better. Was one of the deciding factors to not keep the truck. I now have a 2023 Limited and the AC is ice cold...just the way I expected and like it!

Neil McCauley

Reaction score
Welcome to 5th gen ram ownership. Can I interest you in a RAM Mopar Windshield sunshade (part # 82208802) ? Comes with complimentary aloe vera and heat exhaustion information pamphlet.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
You shouldn’t need the hack. The TSB is already done on your truck. The dealer needs to take a look at it since you have warranty.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Truck is a month old. With 80 degree weather, AC is barely cold. Love the truck but hate the AC.

I did some search and see this is a known issue. Some folks suggest adding Muzzy'z AC hack kit (see here A/C Issues? Anyone else).

But then here (Has any one tried Muzzy's AC Hack kit? Thoughts and advice.) folks suggest this was fixed for 2022 and newer.

There is also a TSB but that is supposed to be already applied to my truck (TSB #24-001-20 A/C Fix. Has anyone had it done yet? Plus are you happy with the results?)

Any advice on what should I do?
My 19 and now my 21 have the worst a/c of any vehicle I’ve owned and I think I’m up to about 15😩

Duncan553

Reaction score
So I have an update question. I have a ‘19 limited and of course the A/C sucks. I added the Muzzy’s hack kit just now and it did drop the air temp but then my truck coolant temp went from 199-200 to 240-244 and the temp gauge started showing hot. Has this happened to anyone else? I did lose some coolant when installing but then filled it back up.

Scion

Reaction score
So I have an update question. I have a ‘19 limited and of course the A/C sucks. I added the Muzzy’s hack kit just now and it did drop the air temp but then my truck coolant temp went from 199-200 to 240-244 and the temp gauge started showing hot. Has this happened to anyone else? I did lose some coolant when installing but then filled it back up.
If properly installed, the hack cannot interfere with engine cooling in a properly functioning system. Did you bleed/burp the system afterward? Merely replacing lost coolant doesn't address air pockets in the system which could impede the water pump's ability to move coolant.

Last edited:

Duncan553

Reaction score
No I figured that out right after I posted. I let motor cool then check radiator and reserves radiator was full but reserve needed another 1/3 gallon. Added it and ran truck for about 40 minutes and temp stayed at 215-217. Air vent temps came down to 42 from 59 so very happy with that.
I saw others post about hose being glued to pump and mine was as well. Had to cut the hose and then peel hose end off pump tube and clean it up with razor blade.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
No I figured that out right after I posted. I let motor cool then check radiator and reserves radiator was full but reserve needed another 1/3 gallon. Added it and ran truck for about 40 minutes and temp stayed at 215-217. Air vent temps came down to 42 from 59 so very happy with that.
I saw others post about hose being glued to pump and mine was as well. Had to cut the hose and then peel hose end off pump tube and clean it up with razor blade.
Glad you got it figured out. Seems like you don't have the TSB since the hack worked.

Users who are viewing this thread