5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 1500 Bighorn (Rocky Ridge Edition) Battery Charging Issue

JeffWalters

Reaction score
My brand new 1500 Hemi eTorque has a battery charging issue. I watched the battery drain to the point of engine failure. The battery and engine indicators were on for 4 days. Obviously the battery is not being charged, I have seen this in a few other forums. Wandering if anyone knows if this is a wider issue and what the cause might be. A few other posts mentioned the charging module being the issue. My truck goes in on Monday but i'm afraid i will get the run around like so many others.

Littlejoe81

Reaction score
My brand new 1500 Hemi eTorque has a battery charging issue. I watched the battery drain to the point of engine failure. The battery and engine indicators were on for 4 days. Obviously the battery is not being charged, I have seen this in a few other forums. Wandering if anyone knows if this is a wider issue and what the cause might be. A few other posts mentioned the charging module being the issue. My truck goes in on Monday but i'm afraid i will get the run around like so many others.
Probably a defective battery, batteries aren't made as good like from the 80-90's era where they could last over 10 years. Put a mutli-meter on the battery when running, battery voltage should be between 13-14.8 or so volts

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Probably a defective battery, batteries aren't made as good like from the 80-90's era where they could last over 10 years. Put a mutli-meter on the battery when running, battery voltage should be between 13-14.8 or so volts
I would add this to the :equation of batteries" in today's vehicles.
"For newer cars, a reading between 50 milliamps (mA) and 85 mA is considered normal. This amount of draw won’t kill a battery over a week, let alone overnight. If you have a higher draw than 85 mA, particularly if it’s over 100 mA, you should try to track down the source of the draw and fix it. "

Also:
"There are a few things that constantly draw power in a vehicle, such as the clock on the radio, so it’s normal to have a reading between 20 and 50 milliamps. If your reading is higher than that, it means there’s a draw and something is using too much power."

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If he drove it for four days discharging, the cause is probably not the battery. He very well may have ruined the battery driving until it was dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online