5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Woes

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The pac bypass harness does not have the canbus connections, just something to keep in mind. I believe you need them for the parking sensors and such if you're doing a full system replacement. Also, I was chatting with @Jimmy07 and he said you need to grab the canbus from by the radio. I'm not a fan of, but not afraid to splice into the speaker wires for the radio. I am not using scotch-locs either. I'm going to use wire nuts and will wrap with electrical tape. :)

macdude2013

Reaction score
The pac bypass harness does not have the canbus connections, just something to keep in mind. I believe you need them for the parking sensors and such if you're doing a full system replacement. Also, I was chatting with @Jimmy07 and he said you need to grab the canbus from by the radio. I'm not a fan of, but not afraid to splice into the speaker wires for the radio. I am not using scotch-locs either. I'm going to use wire nuts and will wrap with electrical tape. :)
Well i dont know the ends and outs of my ram, all i know is i cut off the white plug from my ap4-ch4 t-harness, and connected all the wires from that connector, to the same color wires at the anc mode bypass, power ground, speaker wires, and the pink wires, which i thought were canbus, and everything works as it should, parking sensors, chimes, etc. definity cannot cut my harness on my brand new truck, with my luck, i cut harness, radio stops working and fca wont fix it.. quick story, on my 19 ram the radio kept switching inputs on its own, took it to dealer twice, they flashed it and it would act ok for a week or two and go back to acting up, so i thought maybe the ap4-ch4 was causing the problem, so i removed it, took itto the dealer, and they said they would replace it, now after they said they would replace it, i get a call 10 min later from ram, saying the tech says you have an aftermarket system installed, lol i laughed to myself, and said these guys are idiots, so i told the lady, yes i was gonna get a system put in, but the ram audio system was to complex for my audio guy, so i aborted the mission, i took the harness out before taking it to the dealer, so everything was stock, so with the tech seeing the thick power wire under the hood, he automatically assumed i had a system without even checking, glad i removed that harness, im sure they would have blamed problem on the amp pro, so nope i cant do any cutting of any kind in these trucks.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well i dont know the ends and outs of my ram, all i know is i cut off the white plug from my ap4-ch4 t-harness, and connected all the wires from that connector, to the same color wires at the anc mode bypass, power ground, speaker wires, and the pink wires, which i thought were canbus, and everything works as it should, parking sensors, chimes, etc. definity cannot cut my harness on my brand new truck, with my luck, i cut harness, radio stops working and fca wont fix it.. quick story, on my 19 ram the radio kept switching inputs on its own, took it to dealer twice, they flashed it and it would act ok for a week or two and go back to acting up, so i thought maybe the ap4-ch4 was causing the problem, so i removed it, took itto the dealer, and they said they would replace it, now after they said they would replace it, i get a call 10 min later from ram, saying the tech says you have an aftermarket system installed, lol i laughed to myself, and said these guys are idiots, so i told the lady, yes i was gonna get a system put in, but the ram audio system was to complex for my audio guy, so i aborted the mission, i took the harness out before taking it to the dealer, so everything was stock, so with the tech seeing the thick power wire under the hood, he automatically assumed i had a system without even checking, glad i removed that harness, im sure they would have blamed problem on the amp pro, so nope i cant do any cutting of any kind in these trucks.
Glad it worked, I may go this route myself. I have the bypass harness already too. Chimes and such were my concern.

Users who are viewing this thread