5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 UConnect5 PAC AmpPro , alternative options ?

TRXkid

Reaction score
Finally picked up my 2022 1500 with HK audio, and now learn the 2022 is different from 19-21 and there is no AmpPro available for the new ‘22 UConnect5, and PAC basically said, it should be available some time in the future…. Is there an alternative to get a clean audio signal out from the factory radio so I can build a good system (DSP, new amps, speakers, subs, etc)? I know there is the JL Audio FiX 82/86 where I could run the speaker wires out from the factory amp (front L/R lower door and front L/R upper door plus the sub wires) and it should take the various frequencies and blend them together for a proper full range signal, but I’ve never used one before and don’t know how it would work with the HK system. It also does not seem ideal, trying to recreate a full range signal from multiple amplified signals, but I’ve never used one so what do I know! I also assume I would need to disconnect the ANC mic inputs from the factory amp.

Has anyone done a new stereo system with a ‘22 UConnect5 factory radio yet? Any ideas or advice ?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes people have done it*, and you will have to disconnect the ANC or you will get a very loud booming sound around 1700 or so rpm when driving. I believe the PAC AP4-CH1 is an option, but I would have to verify by comparing uConnect5 wiring diagrams with the uConnect4 diagrams. The reason I say that and don’t really believe what PAC said is because most companies say something isn’t compatible until they do enough testing to cover themselves legally. Heres the one I’m talking about.

* Most I’ve seen complete it use a basic line-out converter from the amp out for the rear speakers.

TRXkid

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply dj. I’m positive I read on another post that the wiring connectors are different on the ‘22 radio vs. the connectors on 19-21, and that’s also what PAC said to me, that the connectors are different.

Also, are you sure I can use a basic LOC? I was under the impression that the outputs from the factory amp (at least for the HK stereo) are crossed over in the amp, meaning the individual speaker wires coming from the factory amp are not sending out a full range signal, thus requiring something like the JL FiX to take multiple factory outputs and combine them together to create a true full range signal.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply dj. I’m positive I read on another post that the wiring connectors are different on the ‘22 radio vs. the connectors on 19-21, and that’s also what PAC said to me, that the connectors are different.

Also, are you sure I can use a basic LOC? I was under the impression that the outputs from the factory amp (at least for the HK stereo) are crossed over in the amp, meaning the individual speaker wires coming from the factory amp are not sending out a full range signal, thus requiring something like the JL FiX to take multiple factory outputs and combine them together to create a true full range signal.
I can pull wiring diagrams to compare uconnect4 to uconnect5, but haven't had time to do it yet. You're right about summing the channels though, that's what I was thinking of but memory failed me. I did some searching here and found that there are a few threads where guys mentioned using the Fix as an alternative to PAC. I have alpine in my new truck, so it was easier for me to use a $20 LOC. I'll switch to the AP4-CH1 at some point, but I need to figure out how to make it work first. (or wait for the release)

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I spoke with tech-support at PAC. It is possible to use the current AP4-CH1 with uConnect5. The tech rep said that it works perfectly fine, but it’s just a lot of wiring to change (supposedly easy to do though). I’ll be doing it at sometime in the near future, I just don’t know when yet.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I spoke with tech-support at PAC. It is possible to use the current AP4-CH1 with uConnect5. The tech rep said that it works perfectly fine, but it’s just a lot of wiring to change (supposedly easy to do though). I’ll be doing it at sometime in the near future, I just don’t know when yet.
Yep, you have to wire the PAC harness into the radio harness, it isn't plug n play. I'm doing the same thing. I don't have the info in front of me, but I think its the speaker wires, power, ground, and canbus. I created a pigtail that I can wire in with a connector at the other end that plugs into the pac harness so if I ever need to remove the pac or uninstall the system I don't have to undo the wiring into the harness. I need to pull the radio out at some point and see how/where I want to splice in.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, you have to wire the PAC harness into the radio harness, it isn't plug n play. I'm doing the same thing. I don't have the info in front of me, but I think its the speaker wires, power, ground, and canbus.
The tech rep emailed me a wiring diagram of what to change on the vehicle side, but I don’t know why it couldn’t just be changed on the PAC harness side.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The tech rep emailed me a wiring diagram of what to change on the vehicle side, but I don’t know why it couldn’t just be changed on the PAC harness side.
Connectors are different on the UC5 radios.

franc944

Reaction score
Had there been any update on PAC or anyone else making a adapter harness for UCONNECT 5? Later trucks?

Cruzer1

Reaction score
I found this thread from someone else this morning (Rebel HK Sound System Build).

I have started my HK system update and found that the AmpPRO AP4-CH41 (R.2) is not going to work for my system.

-JL StealthBox with two 10" 10TW3-D8 (installed)
-JL VX1000/1i (installed)
-JL DRC-205 Remote knob (installed knob is this picture)
-JL VXi-BTC

Looks like my 12" display with the UConnect5 will not work. Has there been and progress on PAC or anyone else with a new adapter?

Pictured below are the harnesses for my UConnect5 system.

Attachments

• IMG_2072.jpg
    IMG_2072.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2071.jpg
    IMG_2071.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_2067.jpg
    IMG_2067.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 44

franc944

Reaction score
I found this thread from someone else this morning (Rebel HK Sound System Build).

I have started my HK system update and found that the AmpPRO AP4-CH41 (R.2) is not going to work for my system.

-JL StealthBox with two 10" 10TW3-D8 (installed)
-JL VX1000/1i (installed)
-JL DRC-205 Remote knob (installed knob is this picture)
-JL VXi-BTC

Looks like my 12" display with the UConnect5 will not work. Has there been and progress on PAC or anyone else with a new adapter?

Pictured below are the harnesses for my UConnect5 system.
PAC said the Uconnect 5 version of the amp pro could be out in 90 days

Cruzer1

Reaction score
Looks like the PAC harness is on the product page.

Attachments

• 2022-08-07 11_06_33-AmpPRO Expansion Harness — Mozilla Firefox.jpg
    2022-08-07 11_06_33-AmpPRO Expansion Harness — Mozilla Firefox.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread