5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Tundra finally unveiled

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score

Not gonna lie, I'm interested enough to check it out in the spring, primarily a hybrid 1794. On paper, it seems quite attractive, though the looks are definitely an acquired taste.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Not gonna lie, I'm interested enough to check it out in the spring, primarily a hybrid 1794. On paper, it seems quite attractive, though the looks are definitely an acquired taste.
Totally agree...I like what I see!

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still have a few years on my lease...but if I was going to own a truck long term would definitely check this out.

lkjk

Reaction score
No 4wd auto is a deal breaker, and weird that the screen is detached from the AC/seats. Wonder if it's basically just media/nav.

Not bad for a toyota, since they historically have only made junk cars that seem to last a while.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Agree with most of that. I'm not shopping, but it's an appealing mix...with the looks being the only question mark.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
As much as I enjoy the hemi it is outclassed by everyone now including this turbo v6....other than the sound of course.

Thirty or forty years from now, a great or great-great-grandson will see one of us in an old photo beside our truck. He will ask his father, "Is that great grandpa? Wow! Look at his big old truck. Did that run on gasoline?"

His father will say, "Yeah, that's him and that big old truck was really cool." The kid will then ask, "Did it have a Hemi? I heard those were the best engines ever!"

Now at this point, do you want his dad to say, "Nah. It was some little high-tech V6 that whistled like a leaking balloon. But it did pull pretty good and saved a little fuel."

Or do you want his father to say....

"Yeah. Your great grand-daddy drove a Hemi. I was fast. It was mean. And sounded like a roaring lion while going down the road. And your great grand-daddy knew how to make it roar like nobody else. I loved that old truck. And you would have loved it too."

Bluesurf

Reaction score
Next to the distinguished Ram it an UGLY DUCKLING.:poop:
I'm sure it will be a can do truck and get lots of horrendous mpg's.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thirty or forty years from now, a great or great-great-grandson will see one of us in an old photo beside our truck. He will ask his father, "Is that great grandpa? Wow! Look at his big old truck. Did that run on gasoline?"

His father will say, "Yeah, that's him and that big old truck was really cool." The kid will then ask, "Did it have a Hemi? I heard those were the best engines ever!"

Now at this point, do you want his dad to say, "Nah. It was some little high-tech V6 that whistled like a leaking balloon. But it did pull pretty good and saved a little fuel."

Or do you want his father to say....

"Yeah. Your great grand-daddy drove a Hemi. I was fast. It was mean. And sounded like a roaring lion while going down the road. And your great grand-daddy knew how to make it roar like nobody else. I loved that old truck. And you would have loved it too."
Not trying to burst your bubble...but I'd bet you anything that kid never heard of a HEMI.

lkjk

Reaction score
Not trying to burst your bubble...but I'd bet you anything that kid never heard of a HEMI.
Gotta say...what is with people's obsession with Hemi's? This is my first, and I can't say i like or dislike it, it just kinda does it's job. If I was keeping it for a long time I'd probably prefer something NA like the Hemi but if you only keep them to 60 or 70K miles I'd rather have a turbo, especially at altitude.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Gotta say...what is with people's obsession with Hemi's? This is my first, and I can't say i like or dislike it, it just kinda does it's job. If I was keeping it for a long time I'd probably prefer something NA like the Hemi but if you only keep them to 60 or 70K miles I'd rather have a turbo, especially at altitude.
That’s like asking why people think their football team is the best- you’ll never get a straight answer that everyone will agree on.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Pick your poison:
  • Real trucks have a V8, the bigger the better. Only girly-men drive sissified "trucks" without a V8.
  • V8s are fun
  • The Hemi nameplate as a storied history
  • You'll have to pull me kicking and screaming into the 21st century of engine tech
  • Anything that is not a Hemi will 100% crap out on you if you tow or haul more than 500 lbs, duh
  • Bro, how big is your V8, bro?
  • Truck nutz are best suited for V8s
  • Might as well drive a Prius if you don't Live the Hemi Life™
  • Moar rumble, moar badassery!
  • The bigger the engine, the smaller the...you know
  • Hemi is a recognizable name for those in the truckosphere
  • Any or all of the above

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My wife says people that need big engines are compensating for other things…

Gearjunkie340

Reaction score

The power output is impressive buy the looks, nah, lol. The 1794 interior is the best but I still love the Limited Longhorn way better

Users who are viewing this thread