5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 rebel with a 3 inch Fabtech level lift with 35’s

Rsone 11

Reaction score
Hey guys 2 weeks ago I had the Fabtech 3 inch level lift installed on my 2022 rebel I had the wheels and tires put on at the shop on same day. The wheels are fuel rebel and the tires are bottom ridge grappler size is 18x9 for the wheels and the tires are 35x12.50r18. The second I pulled up to the shop to pick up the truck I was amazed at how good it looked. I do a walk around and I’m soles at how good it looks I jump in the truck to drive home and immediately I realize this truck is driving extremely stiff. Every little crack and bump in the road I can feel very harshly. I was really upset at how stiff the ride was. I start to look more into the tires after I get home and I realize these nittos are load F 12 ply i check my tire pressure and it’s reading 60 in front and 50 in rear. I called Nitto and they said to lower the psi to 48 in front and 39 in rear. After I adjusted the psi the ride became so much better but it’s still not where I’d like it to be as far as stiffness or in this case being over stiff. Everywhere I call the first they say is that the load f 12ply tire should only be for a 2500 or 3500 truck but that it can be ram on a 1500 truck but it will be very stiff. I am miserable after spending $5,000 between wheels tires lift kit and installation the truck in my opinion runs like s*** my options are to order a new set of tires which I’m thinking bf Goodrich all terrains ko2 and just trying to sell the nitto ridge grapplers which only have 500 miles on them. I called the shop and they told me that the nittos in that size only come in load f 12 ply but they figured I knew that since I requested that tire. I was not aware of that I just picked the Nitto Because I liked the look. What do you guys recommend I am open to ideas. Please help and let me know what I should do as far as changing this set up I really think the lift itself is great and paired with the right tires would give me the look I love with a stock lime ride quality. F1D64623-3BF0-4735-85C9-359855911754.jpeg F1D64623-3BF0-4735-85C9-359855911754.jpeg 3F5EC248-4D4A-43DF-A9EF-0F0830C40D14.jpeg D68530D6-264A-4575-8B56-A4FBB5FEF781.jpeg DC036F6C-EBBB-4186-8748-880522DF0C76.jpeg 61911F83-590B-4192-9736-BE26604FEDB4.jpeg EB7001AE-9F8B-4282-82BC-59BB35A45D58.jpeg 293595FE-B384-4315-80C1-0FDD6A54A33E.jpeg DBD8DD60-ED88-4C7D-8A01-38C526DC297F.jpeg

Attachments

• 89ED458A-4ED4-49E0-A539-177405F89E65.jpeg
    89ED458A-4ED4-49E0-A539-177405F89E65.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 42

Downmented

Reaction score
I just got my 35s installed and went with a set of General Grabber A/TXs. I did noticed a bit more road feedback from bumps than on my stock tires, but it is not to the point of being annoying or troublesome.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Which lift kit did you get? It looks like you kept your Bilsteins so I'm assuming not coilovers. If you got the one with the shock spacers and not the top hat spacers that's also one of the causes. I've heard those ride extremely rough compared to top hat spacers.

If it is the 3" spacer meant for non-ORP trucks you're also lifted a total of 4" which will most likely cause CV axle issues down the road. Rebels and ORP trucks are 1" higher due to our coils.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a tire expert, but you might look into the same tires that come stock on the TRX. Goodyear Wrangler Territory LT325/65r18. They feel great on (and off) road to me.

Rsone 11

Reaction score
Which lift kit did you get? It looks like you kept your Bilsteins so I'm assuming not coilovers. If you got the one with the shock spacers and not the top hat spacers that's also one of the causes. I've heard those ride extremely rough compared to top hat spacers.

If it is the 3" spacer meant for non-ORP trucks you're also lifted a total of 4" which will most likely cause CV axle issues down the road. Rebels and ORP trucks are 1" higher due to

If it is the 3" spacer meant for non-ORP trucks you're also lifted a total of 4" which will most likely cause CV axle issues down the road. Rebels and ORP trucks are 1" higher due to our coils.
Here is the lift I got it does state it’s for rebels.

Attachments

• 496B8691-B224-491A-8E05-475641825250.png
    496B8691-B224-491A-8E05-475641825250.png
    213.8 KB · Views: 84

Rsone 11

Reaction score
I just got my 35s installed and went with a set of General Grabber A/TXs. I did noticed a bit more road feedback from bumps than on my stock tires, but it is not to the point of being annoying or troublesome.
Are they 12ply tires?

NCRebel

Reaction score
It could be the rear shocks that come with the kit. I have the coilover kit on my truck with different shocks but the rear shocks are soft.

There have been different reviews on the coilover kit about the soft rear shocks.

I personally have noticed it but it doesn’t bother me personally.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is the lift I got it does state it’s for rebels.
Yeah I'm not saying the tires are the culprit, but I'm willing to guess the lift is not helping. If you still have your old wheels/tires I'd suggest putting those on first for a few days to see if it drives how you want.

Zukispeed

Reaction score
Hey guys 2 weeks ago I had the Fabtech 3 inch level lift installed on my 2022 rebel I had the wheels and tires put on at the shop on same day. The wheels are fuel rebel and the tires are bottom ridge grappler size is 18x9 for the wheels and the tires are 35x12.50r18. The second I pulled up to the shop to pick up the truck I was amazed at how good it looked. I do a walk around and I’m soles at how good it looks I jump in the truck to drive home and immediately I realize this truck is driving extremely stiff. Every little crack and bump in the road I can feel very harshly. I was really upset at how stiff the ride was. I start to look more into the tires after I get home and I realize these nittos are load F 12 ply i check my tire pressure and it’s reading 60 in front and 50 in rear. I called Nitto and they said to lower the psi to 48 in front and 39 in rear. After I adjusted the psi the ride became so much better but it’s still not where I’d like it to be as far as stiffness or in this case being over stiff. Everywhere I call the first they say is that the load f 12ply tire should only be for a 2500 or 3500 truck but that it can be ram on a 1500 truck but it will be very stiff. I am miserable after spending $5,000 between wheels tires lift kit and installation the truck in my opinion runs like s*** my options are to order a new set of tires which I’m thinking bf Goodrich all terrains ko2 and just trying to sell the nitto ridge grapplers which only have 500 miles on them. I called the shop and they told me that the nittos in that size only come in load f 12 ply but they figured I knew that since I requested that tire. I was not aware of that I just picked the Nitto Because I liked the look. What do you guys recommend I am open to ideas. Please help and let me know what I should do as far as changing this set up I really think the lift itself is great and paired with the right tires would give me the look I love with a stock lime ride quality.

You should NOT have a spacer lift on the Ram Rebel, the factory coilovers put your truck at 22.5” from hub to fender lip, which you can’t use a spacer on top of the factory coilover… now if you got a full coilover swap, it’s much better.

I work in an offroad shop, and we lift tons of trucks, it’s not good to slap a spacer on top of the Rebel Coilover, even when running upper arms.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think you have 2 issues, and I hate to say it! A spacer lift will degrade ride, compounded by Grade F tires that will also hurt.

Spacers make the stock shock work much harder to control a loaded spring, and then heavier tires make the stock shock work ever harder from there. When it can't control the extra motions it can feel like a poor ride with the tire hopping around everywhere.

Looks like you might still have your stock wheels and tires...
If so, to see how much of the issue is attributable to which factor, I'd throw those back on asap to see what difference it makes. If none, you know its the lift.
If its a lot, then you know its the tires.

If its only marginally better, its still probably both.

biggggant

Reaction score
I have kenda klever r/t's on my rebel in 35x12.50r22 and they are a load f tire. I run 62 psi front and 50 psi rear and it only feels slightly harsher than stock. When the wheels and tires were put on, the PSi from custom offsets was around 38psi and it rode just like stock. Going to a load f and running recommended pressures will be stiff but should be a nightmare. But I went with a zone lift kit and I have spacers in the front but I have diff drop etc to correct my control arm angles.

Louhound88

Reaction score
Tire pressure needed is based on the weight of your truck and payload. Regardless of what the door jamb sticker says for recommended psi, you should do a chalk test.

Rebels always seem to have high psi shown on the jamb sticker, even though it doesn't really make sense with non-rebel rams. My truck says 36psi, but with Yokohama Geolandar M/T's I find my chalk test gets me to around 38 to 40psi. That's when my tires are the flattest, and have the most even wear.

Tire side wall stiffness and weight of the truck is all that you need to figure out actual tire psi. A 12 ply tire simply has a higher MAX tire pressure rating. Doesn't mean you need to actually run higher tire pressure than you actually need for the size of truck you have. Yes those tires would work on an F350, but even an F350 wouldn't pump it up to 80psi when unloaded. Now if they put 3k lbs in the bed then yeah, pump it up to 80psi.

I ran Nitto ridge grapplers 35x12.5x17 on a jeep gladiator. Grade F , 12 ply. Chalk tested to 26psi. Drove really well and had even wear for 25k miles before I sold the it. Go to the beach or do some offroading i'd drop it to 15 to 20psi.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hate to be that guy, but it is a safety issue.

Yes running an LT tire requires more psi to carry any given load vs a P metric tire. Even more so if the LT tire is larger than the P metric tire it is replacing.

Rebels run E range tires factory, while rest of rams wear P’s. That’s why the pressure is higher on Rebel door jambs.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That said, I like to consult a chalk test and tire inflation tables to figure out the proper inflation on new LT tires.

For the tables like below, weigh your truck as driven plus some margin as you like. Divide by 4, or get fancy with weight distribution. Use tables to see what your size and ply tires need to run for that weight.

Alternatively, reverse lookup your factory P metric tires in the tables to see what weight they show as supporting at the door jamb placard psi. Then take that weight to your new tire’s section in the tables and identify the psi it correlates to.

Then play with +/-5 psi as your chalk and/or SOTP tells you.

Rsone 11

Reaction score
update I lowered the psi to 40 on the front and the rear tires and the truck drives way better. The only real issue is the tpms sensor light is on on the dash, but I ordered the Superchips flashcal which can supposedly adjust that setting of the psi to as low as 35 and that would make the light go off on the dash. Haven’t received the Superchips yet as soon as I get it I will give you guys an update.

Rsone 11

Reaction score
Offset of wheels is -12
Factory wheels will not fit the truck anymore with this Fabtech set up this is why I can not test out the ride with the factory load e rated tires.

nabatron

Reaction score
I thought by the looks of your truck you were running a 0 or +1 offset. I have the same offset on my wheels but only a 2 inch lift. Maybe the reason why it doesn’t really look like theres abit of poke is due to yours having a higher lift. Im thinking if I want to lift my truck my I would have to go with a -18 offset to get more poke.

Rsone 11

Reaction score
There is a very slight poke just enough to get the side of the truck dirty but not make the tires stick out much lol I am really enjoying the ride now that I lowered psi to 40 all around waiting on the Superchips to be able to get rid of the light on the dash

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Get a legit suspension lift kit and half of your problems will go away. Also do not under inflate the tires as it is not only a safety issue, but also a tire wear issue. If you under inflate your tires, you run the risk of debeading your tire (or your tires fall off from the wheel). Imagine that happening when you go highway speed.
40psi is good for Load Range C and E, definitely not good for F rated tires.

Users who are viewing this thread