5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rebel whistling/wind noise from passenger side under dash area

Rsone 11

Reaction score
I have a 2022 rebel with 17,000 miles and the problem started about 3,000 miles ago. Once I get to speeds above 45 mph the noise starts and the only way to stop it is by turning on the air recirculation button then turning it off and then you hear a sealing noise, and the draft/whistle noise stops. I brought it into the dealership after 3 days of the truck being there, they told me the actuators were tested and are ok and that they needed to order the seals for the air inlet housing. The only issue I'm worried about is that the dashboard needs to come up in order to replace the seals. The truck will also not be ready for about another week and a half waiting on parts and then I was told it will be about 3 days to take the dash apart and put it back together. I held off for a while to not even bring it in for this because I was afraid of them having to pull up the dashboard, but the noise became unbearable especially on the highway. Anyone else have this same issue?

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2022 rebel with 17,000 miles and the problem started about 3,000 miles ago. Once I get to speeds above 45 mph the noise starts and the only way to stop it is by turning on the air recirculation button then turning it off and then you hear a sealing noise, and the draft/whistle noise stops. I brought it into the dealership after 3 days of the truck being there, they told me the actuators were tested and are ok and that they needed to order the seals for the air inlet housing. The only issue I'm worried about is that the dashboard needs to come up in order to replace the seals. The truck will also not be ready for about another week and a half waiting on parts and then I was told it will be about 3 days to take the dash apart and put it back together. I held off for a while to not even bring it in for this because I was afraid of them having to pull up the dashboard, but the noise became unbearable especially on the highway. Anyone else have this same issue?

Yup, same here. It’s a known issue. Mine is more like an electronic humming /buzzing noise. I’m not sure if I will get mine fixed. I’m more afraid of all of the issues that will occur after they tear it all apart and put it back together.

Rsone 11

Reaction score
Yea I was weighing out the dealing with the noise or getting it fixed and risking it … I decided to roll the dice and bring it in for repair. 🤞🏻hopefully it won’t be too bad and I figure if they mess anything up they will have to repair or replace it. It’s shame that we have warranties yet have to think about bringing it in… 🤯

Wild Bill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just say'n... 20231209_134339(1).jpg
In all seriousness, I hope you find the problem!

Users who are viewing this thread