5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 Rebel Night Edition

wesunruh

Reaction score
Just traded in my 2013 2500 Cummins on a 2022 Rebel night edition. Thought I took a picture of it before it got road grime on it, but I didn't so those will be following after the first wash. On my option sheet is also says it has the off road group, is that standard with the rebel, or is there actually a rebel off-road group?

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I found it interesting that the Rebel has an ORG option. Seems strange that the off-road version Ram 1500 has an ORG option, but it did...for 2022 at least...

rebel ORG.JPG

Last edited:

wesunruh

Reaction score
So did I when I seen the option, I thought it was simply automatically on the Rebel, but it was listed as optional. Though according to that the ORG realistically is eye candy vs. suspension components and such.

wesunruh

Reaction score
Me too, I was confused when I seen it on the build sheet, you'd think they would call it something different seeing as there already is an ORG.

wesunruh

Reaction score
Not sure if there is already a post for it, may not have dug deep enough. Has anyone added the GT shifter to a Non-GT truck?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There's a difference in the standard RAM off road group and the Rebel ORG. Notice, they just added a few options to a package they call the Off Road Group that would make the Rebel seem more of a Baja style truck. It's not like a spray-in liner is going to improve the trucks ability to do off road driving, like a lift, heavier shocks or skid plates would.

wesunruh

Reaction score
There's a difference in the standard RAM off road group and the Rebel ORG. Notice, they just added a few options to a package they call the Off Road Group that would make the Rebel seem more of a Baja style truck. It's not like a spray-in liner is going to improve the trucks ability to do off road driving, like a lift, heavier shocks or skid plates would.
I wonder why they didn't call it the off road appearance package or something. Not that I am complaining, currently I'm the only one locally with it so my truck sticks out.

tabber02

Reaction score
Thanks, just waiting to wash it, with the weather lately it would be dirty again before I got home. Sometimes Black is a pain. lol
understand that! my 2500 was black. white can be as bad! but dirty trucks look pretty good too. just sayin…

wesunruh

Reaction score
Thanks, still can't understand the chrome lugs on the night edition though. Didn't notice it till I read about it here, now I can't not see it lol

wesunruh

Reaction score
Looking into adding the wireless charger to my truck, seems fairly involved. Has anyone already done this, is the interior strip as big as the instruction show?

Thatjusthappened82

Reaction score
Removing the head unit and the center console is pretty easy once you work up the nerve to go for it. I am on the tail end of installing a switch pro sp9100, a full suite of Baja design lights, and a 50 watt mxt575 gmrs radio. I’ve taken my 2022 Rebel apart quite a bit.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looking into adding the wireless charger to my truck, seems fairly involved. Has anyone already done this, is the interior strip as big as the instruction show?
I really wanted the wireless charger when I was shopping for a truck. After having one for a while I can say I'm over it. It's pretty picky about how the phone is placed, and often it doesn't charge when I think it is. I also seem to forget my phone in my truck a lot more often when it's in the wireless charger, but I can probably blame forgetfulness more than the design for that issue. It's not worth the cost and effort IMHO, but you need to decide that for yourself.

wesunruh

Reaction score
I see, I didn't realize how finicky it would be. Not terribly adverse to disassembly just have to time it for when I can ride the bike instead of use the truck so I dont feel rushed.

Took it through the car wash today to get the road grime off it, learned the vents do not get cleaned of soap.....
20230216_173716.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread