5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 REBEL GT Throttle response issue?

GTRam

Reaction score
I wanted to reach out to the forum to see if others are having throttle response issues........

Since day 1 and over ~1 1/2 years, my throttle stumbles from a stop and then surges.

The surge is greater when slow coasting and then applying throttle, including having the engine die when pulling into traffic which caused me to pull off the road to restart engine.

If I drive in Tow mode, the problem is lessoned but not cured.

I have talked to the dealership many times about this drivability and safety issue but there are no codes displayed.

I have driven other 5th Gen Ram Rebels (but non GT) which had good throttle response.

Is it "throttle by wire" gas pedal issue, the GT comes with Ramcharger intake and cat-back pipes.......is it running too lean off throttle and not tuned properly, vacuum leaks, or ???

I am I the only one who has experienced this throttle response issue? Is it unique to the GT?

Would appreciate any responses from others who have had and cured this issue.

Thanks in advance........

23RAM

Reaction score
Is it "throttle by wire" gas pedal issue, the GT comes with Ramcharger intake and cat-back pipes.......is it running too lean off throttle and not tuned properly, vacuum leaks, or ???
That's not normal. It could be any number of things. You'll probably have to get someone to go with you for a drive to show them the issue since it's not throwing codes, then they have something to work with rather than just a description.

GTRam

Reaction score
Thanks......

Forgot to mention, I had the local service manager take for a ride to experience it several times.

But was told with no codes, no warranty issue could be written up.

After the motor stalled, I took it in again and he setup an appointment for this Tuesday to check it out.

Will see what happens..........

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks......

Forgot to mention, I had the local service manager take for a ride to experience it several times.

But was told with no codes, no warranty issue could be written up.

After the motor stalled, I took it in again and he setup an appointment for this Tuesday to check it out.

Will see what happens..........

There's a TSB on stalling

Attachments

• RAM TSB 18_091__22.pdf
    696.8 KB · Views: 15

GTRam

Reaction score
Thanks much.....I will bring this bulletin with me to dealer.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like a crappy dealer, no warranty unless there's a codeperhaps a vacuum leak.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

GTRam

Reaction score
I took a dealership mechanic for a ride in their parking lot, stopping/starting four times and the mechanic said he could feel the stumble/hesitation.
I let him drive and he was able to replicate the stumble, so he said to leave for a day and we would dive deeper into the issue.
When I picked up the truck they were not able to resolve the issue but was told it needed a new software download which has not yet been produced.

Service ticket writeup:

"Customer state that there is a hesitation leaving from a stop and stall one time.
Test drove with multiple techs and test driven by shop foreman this is normal operating characteristic for the vehicle due to emission restrictions when the pcm sees a request for high rpm at stop from the throttle body it has to make the 0/2 sensors make an adjustment to control emissions output. This action causes a momentary input lag in throttle response. Vehicle does not lag or hesitate when applying throttle in a gentle and even manner. No problem found."

Any thoughts about that conclusion?
Any thoughts on what to do next to resolve?

Users who are viewing this thread