5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2022 RAM - Updated Tech

Looks like it. More pics here too- https://www.autoblog.com/2021/09/01/2022-ram-uconnect-5-update/

2022-ram-with-uconnect-5-map.jpg

I watched a video walkthrough of it on another site and I couldn't see much difference other than a new "skin." I was hoping to have U5 when I ordered the truck, but from what I saw and what I've found with U4, I'm fine with what I have. I don't care about Apple stuff and don't really need android auto. Maybe those are the biggest differences?

I watched a video walkthrough of it on another site and I couldn't see much difference other than a new "skin." I was hoping to have U5 when I ordered the truck, but from what I saw and what I've found with U4, I'm fine with what I have. I don't care about Apple stuff and don't really need android auto. Maybe those are the biggest differences?
Faster processer, new operating system (Android), more memory, etc. That said, I played with the UC4 and it seemed pretty quick to me as well. Time will tell.

Not just a new screen, but a completely different OS and hardware.
New UC5 OS is based on Android, and the Atlantis architecture is supposed to be five time faster than the current UC4 (as the hardware has more powerful CPU and increased RAM).

Also, increased resolution as the current res (at least on 12" screens), is pretty low.

UC5 supports wireless CarPlay/AA, as well as OTA map updates (this one is huge specially, if you don't care for CarPlay or AA, as UC4 has maps from circa 2017).

Cheers,

I'm excited to see this in action. I'm not sure if I will upgrade to it, if even possible, but if my pockets become heavy I might consider it. Or I'll do what I do best and trade in my truck for a new 2022 or 2023 lol.

New UC5 OS is based on Android, and the Atlantis architecture is supposed to be five time faster than the current UC4 (as the hardware has more powerful CPU and increased RAM).
I’ve seen a few articles about UC5 mention the Atlantis architecture while talking about UC5, but it has nothing to do with the UC5 unit itself.
Atlantis architecture is the new canbus configuration system that has to do with the speed at which all the modules on the vehicle communicate with each other. So far, only the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer and the Grand Cherokee L are using Atlantis architecture. The 2022 Ram DT and 2022 Ram HDs are still using the same PowerNet architecture that they have been using for years, even the models that have UC5.

I’ve seen a few articles about UC5 mention the Atlantis architecture while talking about UC5, but it has nothing to do with the UC5 unit itself.
Atlantis architecture is the new canbus configuration system that has to do with the speed at which all the modules on the vehicle communicate with each other. So far, only the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer and the Grand Cherokee L are using Atlantis architecture. The 2022 Ram DT and 2022 Ram HDs are still using the same PowerNet architecture that they have been using for years, even the models that have UC5.
Thanks. Yeah, the articles I've seen did not make this clear. Good to know.

The radio looks identical which makes me think upgrading to the newer "head unit" with UC5 will be possible. Probably will cost $1k+ but still. Are the majority of you assuming this will be an upgradable feature?

The radio looks identical which makes me think upgrading to the newer "head unit" with UC5 will be possible. Probably will cost $1k+ but still. Are the majority of you assuming this will be an upgradable feature?
Have you read this thread?

Not just a new screen, but a completely different OS and hardware.

Also, increased resolution as the current res (at least on 12" screens), is pretty low.

UC5 supports wireless CarPlay/AA, as well as OTA map updates (this one is huge specially, if you don't care for CarPlay or AA, as UC4 has maps from circa 2017).

Cheers,
I'm sure it's improved over UC4, but the improvements don't appeal to me enough to want to upgrade. I'm not criticizing it, but just not as interested as I was before I saw the reality. Improved resolution might come in handy for the backup camera, but the screen looks fine to me for displaying icons, etc... And I've not noticed any performance lag.

I know I'll get UC5 (or 6?) on my 2030 Electric Ram 1500 and probably be happy with it.

I'm sure it's improved over UC4, but the improvements don't appeal to me enough to want to upgrade. I'm not criticizing it, but just not as interested as I was before I saw the reality. Improved resolution might come in handy for the backup camera, but the screen looks fine to me for displaying icons, etc... And I've not noticed any performance lag.

I know I'll get UC5 (or 6?) on my 2030 Electric Ram 1500 and probably be happy with it.
I'm of the same opinion. Most of the new features you get with UC5 I either won't use or won't use enough to make upgrading worth it. I'm more than happy with the UC4 system. I'm more bummed about the GT package that's coming out for 2022. I might have waited if I had known about that at the end of April LOL

I agree with you about not using most of the features of the U5. I only waited for the GT package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back